Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2021, 09:07 AM   #1

Toyo Tires in Montana

Going to be in Montana for probably 4 weeks starting soon and need to buy some new tires. Either I have lost the ability to search wisely or 305 70R 22.5 tires are hard to find there! Interested in Toyo if possible but certainly willing to take advice.

I need all 8 tires - t's time to replace. They are still in pretty good shape so no rush, not urgent.

A anybody know of a solid truck tire service center - probably roughly along I-90 but not required as I have no solid plans yet. This is my first set of RV tires so not sure how to search........
X-OEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2021, 11:19 AM   #2

Dunno about tire service centers, if I needed 8 tires, I'd get them in Oregon. Save the tax money for myself. These days, I've been successful getting a bargain for tires online, have them shipped to me at an RV park or to a nearby truck tire center. Love's Truck Tire Centers allow that...or did a couple years ago. Some shops refuse to mount your own tires so I avoid them. I always stagger my tire purchases so I do the front two, then a couple years later do the back four.

As far as sizes go, I always search online with my size, and the links google shows me usually span the gambit of manufacturers listing sizes that are 'near' to my size. So I then take the size shown from the manufacturer offering something at a price I'm willing to pay, and enter it into this online size comparison calculator: Tire Calculator and here's another size comparison site: Tire Size

I just threw in a size vs yours at random. Click on the 'Overlay' button for a better comparison.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:51 AM   #3

Thanks for the factual reply - But - What does "save the tax money myself" mean? Are you saying that if out if state you are exempt from Paying Oregon Sales Tax?

I seem to remember a pretty steep recycling charge in Oregon - something like $200 a tire?
X-OEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:38 PM   #4
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Thereís no sales tax in Montana. If youíll be in the Missoula area, thereís a Loveís at the junction of I-90 and US 93, about 8-10 miles west of downtown Missoula. You might check with them for tires, or have tires shipped to them.

Right now, Iíve heard that tires are in short supply. If you are a FMCA member, you might check their tire purchase program for the size you need and, if available, have them delivered to whatever Montana location you select.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-OEM View Post
Thanks for the factual reply - But - What does "save the tax money myself" mean? Are you saying that if out if state you are exempt from Paying Oregon Sales Tax?

I seem to remember a pretty steep recycling charge in Oregon - something like $200 a tire?
That should have read, "save the tax money FOR myself". OH WAIT...that's what my original post DID say. You misread the sentence.

Oregon has no sales tax. But no other state has an agreement with Oregon so you'd pay where ever the tax happened to be where ever you are. State, County, City, zip code, street #, and on and on. In Oregon, none. Just the income tax and once retired, it's zilch for me.

No, OR never charged $200/tire recycling. Dunno where you got that. I've paid $7 though. That was years ago in the big city of Portland. Out in the countryside, it's usually $5. I didn't pay anything for recycling last August of '19 when I had 4 new tires installed. It's probably $10 now what with the creeping inflation no one ever talks about.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 05:34 PM   #6
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Les Schwab was the NW distributor for Toyo. Since the buyout I do not know but they might be worth checking out.
Old 06-07-2021, 05:38 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I buy my MH Toyo's at Les Schwab. They have a lot of shops in Montana.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:27 PM   #8

Les Schwab, pick your store and order them in advance.
shootist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:39 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-OEM View Post
Going to be in Montana for probably 4 weeks starting soon and need to buy some new tires. Either I have lost the ability to search wisely or 305 70R 22.5 tires are hard to find there! Interested in Toyo if possible but certainly willing to take advice.

I need all 8 tires - t's time to replace. They are still in pretty good shape so no rush, not urgent.

A anybody know of a solid truck tire service center - probably roughly along I-90 but not required as I have no solid plans yet. This is my first set of RV tires so not sure how to search........
There is a company that I used, will sell the tires, and deliver/install them.
Great price and service. Installation is included in price.
John in Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Miami View Post
There is a company that I used, will sell the tires, and deliver/install them.
Great price and service. Installation is included in price.
Well John in Miami...don't keep us in suspenders..What's the name?!!!
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:47 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
Well John in Miami...don't keep us in suspenders..What's the name?!!!
Jeff Bown
866-501-1998
MotorHomeTires.com

The install in my driveway was fast, easy and included balancing.

Good luck
John in Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:36 PM   #12

Before an Alaskan trip we called Les Schwaab in Oregon and ordered all new tires for the motorhome. We told them they had to match in dates. We drove from Arizona and they were waiting for us - all with a 2-month old date on them. Very satisfied. No sales tax - a big savings.... and absolutely NO $200 recycling fee. Where did you hear that? We used the one around Eugene.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:30 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Spartan Chassis
You might try Whalen Tire in Missoula. They will pre order the tires so they will be there ahead of time. I had my Michelin 305s installed there and got a great price thru the FMCA tire program. Hopefully George, the service manager is still there. You will want to ask to speak to him.
http://https://www.whalentire.com/Lo...-59808/details
vonkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:58 AM   #14

If you are not an FMCA member ask the dealer if they will match the FMCA price, the last time I bought new tires in 2019 they said no problem.

Tags
montana, tire, tires