Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Transwest truck, trailer and rv.

Am looking at a upgrade to 07 madp from transwest in Colorado. I'm in Oklahoma. Any pros or cons regarding transwest? Trying to check all my options out.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2018, 05:17 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Well I found out. Same old story, ours is worth top retail and your trade in is worth below low retail. Lol. That's why I don't deal with dealers and salesmen. I Always buy from individuals. Lesson learned.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #3

We've bought two RVs from TransWest (including the King Aire that we now have on order) and have found them to be excellent to deal with. Call and speak to Steve Petley and tell him that you were referred by Ken Gluckman.
Ken Gluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #4
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickemb View Post
Well I found out. Same old story, ours is worth top retail and your trade in is worth below low retail. Lol. That's why I don't deal with dealers and salesmen. I Always buy from individuals. Lesson learned.
Profit is not a bad thing in and of itself. Businesses that do not turn a profit soon cease to exist. Now, we can all debate what a fair profit is, but a dealer needs to make some level of profit to continue in business.

And, one of the costs of doing business is standing behind the transaction. "Individuals" may or may not do so. And, they may not be as trustworthy in some cases. I have never been burned on a transaction with a legitimate business, but I have been burned by individuals misrepresenting their product or failing to follow through on the financial part of a transaction. YMMV

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:24 PM   #5

I dealt with them and was satisfied. No, they won't give you retail for yours and sell you a new one at wholesale. But, the deal for me was fair and I did lots of checking.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:06 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just purchased a VTDP from them and are very satisfied with the experience. Worked with Wade Stroh and Steve Kovac
JRW-NAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:54 PM   #7

Tried to trade for a new 2015 DS with the Kansas City store and got a much better deal at Coachlight RV in Carthage, Missouri. Can't remember the exact figure difference but it was somewhere in the $10K range. At that time they hadn't had the Newmar line very long so was also concerned how knowledgeable they really would be on repairs. I'm in northern Oklahoma about a 4 hour drive from either dealership so distance was not a problem.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:04 PM   #8

We didn't buy ours from them, however their service at the Fountian CO location is the best we have ever seen in 9 years of RVing. Skip
Old 01-14-2018, 07:26 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I appreciate all the replies. I'm sure transwest is a reputable company. I think the problem is a distance one. I'm in Oklahoma and they are in Colorado. Couldn't deal with them face to face. They couldn't see my coach and I couldn't see theirs. Pictures are good but nothing like looking at it in person.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:03 PM   #10

I negotiated with Transwest near Colorado Springs. Salesman named Bob. I think they wanted $190,000 and we settled on $125,000. They offered me Wholesale but I sold on my own. Pleased with the deal nice folks and good service dept. I flew from Asheville, NC to Colorado Springs Bob picked me up at the airport. and drove it home. Full tank of gas & propane and $200.00 gift certificate. There is a lot of margin in a new rig.
BS3513 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer