Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2020, 06:04 PM   #71

Forest River Owners Club
First of all I wouldnt trust it and I dont carry water like that I have a couple of jugs If we need to go to the bathroom.
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2020, 06:10 PM   #72

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
….soooo....guess you shut the "city water" off at the pedestal every time you leave the campgrounds for sightseeing?????....
It's ALWAYS OFF ..Except when actively filling the fresh water tank... Run the "house" off the 12v pump. Consistent pressure.

When traveling pump (and ice maker) are off and the Fresh tank is full..
Have arrived at the next stop and discovered that they had No water.. several times.
112 gal fresh, 115 gray, 56 black.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:01 PM   #73

The big flood.

"If something can possibly go wrong, it will"
MURPHY

Why would you not switch off the water pump? The best of these RVs are built like crap. Lousy design put together by a crew that only cares about their numbers. It's not IF a plumbing failure will happen, but WHEN it will happen. Ice maker? I keep a self contained ice maker. The one that CW sells for $275 that I bought at Target for $109.
Park, turn it on, then do my set up ritual. By then I have ice. Ice in glass, bourbon in glass, bourbon inside me, I'm a happy guy.
SamBLust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:07 PM   #74

Winnebago Owners Club
Interesting statement

If you are stopped in your RV and using storage water with pump you would hear the pump cycle even if you didn't know your RV inside and out. If pulling a trailer or even driving MH with road noise covering up sound of pump how would you know? If on shore water and had a small leak in plumbing how would know? What am I missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericisrael42 View Post
Those of us that know our coaches inside and out, would know of a leak. For those of you not in that group. Always turnoff switch when not using it.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:12 PM   #75

I have heard of someone’s outdoor kitchen faucet Turing on after something hit the handle! And we have an outdoor kitchen also!

So After reading all of this I think I just might leave mine off from now on! But I need to put another switch in the bathroom. I’d hate to hear my wife yell from the bathroom after forgetting to turn it on from the main panel! I’d have to pull over!
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:22 PM   #76

Forest River Owners Club
Leave the pump off while traveling - a big bump in the road can open a faucet or bump the toilet valve to open
billgburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:40 PM   #77

Attention rexhall owners.

I have recently bought a 2000 Rex Hall Roseair-33 foot.
The last 2 coach's I have owned had a switch so can play the dash radio with out the ign. Key being on. I can not find such a switch. Anyone out there who can help me?. I'm sure most of the instrument panels are very similar in the years close to mine.
I called the man I bought it from who owned it for 10 years.
He told me he had never turn the radio on.
you can help call me. Bob 360-903-5432
GOODFUNGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:41 PM   #78

Winnebago Owners Club
Risk

It all depends on the amount of risk you willing to accept. When leaving our sticks/bricks for 5 or more days we turn house water off. If leaving for less time we don't. Water lines do break, leak, come undone. For short times we accept that risk. Camping we turn pump off or shore water off even if leaving for a short time. It's a simple task...but I do forget to do it once in a while.
Driving pump is off....unless I forget. Oh and that ice maker it came out of the freezer years ago.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:11 PM   #79

Newmar Owners Club
A friend who I used to go to the races with had someone with him that didn’t know to make sure the toilet flush handle was shut off. I guess it hung up somehow. Emptied the water tank but overfilled the black tank! Not very pleasant I imagine. Mine is shut off when not using ( unless I forget,then I blame the DW).
RudysDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #80

This is why I only turn mine on when I'm using it.
Along this same line I only turn on the water heater when I'm using it, for similar reasons.

Plus why would you waste propane keeping 5 or 10 gallons of water hot all day?
66lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:01 PM   #81

We turn ours off when traveling. We had an experience where the bathroom sink facet turned itself on and pumped all the water out of the fresh water tank. Luckily, less that the gray water tank could hold...
slowuphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:46 PM   #82

You all rock. I was sold at overfilling of the grey tank, but a stuck toilet overfilling the black? The switch goes off!

damcrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 02:55 AM   #83

not running not wearing out
Herb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:22 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericisrael42 View Post
Those of us that know our coaches inside and out, would know of a leak. For those of you not in that group. Always turnoff switch when not using it.
Right. This is especially true when you leave your coach for a day to sight see and a leak develops somewhere. A little voice will tell you "Better head back, your coach is getting flooded".
You certainly will get to know your coach inside and out.

Tags
travel, water, water pump