Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #1

Traveling to Nappanee in December, Where to overnight?

We will be traveling to Nappanee in December for factory service. I occurred to me to check for open campgrounds between Philadelphia and Indiana and I could not find any. What have other RVers used for their overnight stops? Or is there a reference listing year round camping?

Thanks

Noel & Eileen

2016 Mountain Aire
melnoelhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melnoelhorn View Post
We will be traveling to Nappanee in December for factory service. I occurred to me to check for open campgrounds between Philadelphia and Indiana and I could not find any. What have other RVers used for their overnight stops? Or is there a reference listing year round camping?

Thanks

Noel & Eileen

2016 Mountain Aire
Looks like Allstays can give you that info, at least state-by-state:
Campgrounds in Pennsylvania Open All Year

HTH!

- CC
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:13 PM   #3

You can stop on the Ohio Turnpike. They have electric, tho the rv slots are short. Dump station as well. RVparkreviews is a good source.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:26 PM   #4

We traveled to Nappanee last December ( from KC about 670 mi) and really couldn't come up with any CG's that were open and made sense for a stopping point. We just drove straight through and that might not be for everyone. You should also check RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks for options.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #5

There's always Walmart. A lot of people use them all the time, but I have only stopped there twice when campgrounds were full or closed.
If you really want a campground try a more southerly route, like I-70 to Columbus, and you will find campgrounds that are open in the winter.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:38 AM   #6

We stayed in a number of Walmart on the way there in the winter. It had been raining for a number of days and we were concerned about the condition of the unpaved RV sites. The one in Kokomo Indiana was our last stop.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:04 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I always spent the night at Cabela's in Wheeling, WV when traveling to or from the factory.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:22 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Made the trip Jan 1st 2010 and stayed in a Cracker Barrel had supper and breakfast then to Newmar and stayed in their lot until work done, on Tuesday, got LP gas locally than traveled to FL. and stayed in 4 CB's on the way down and back to Newmar in Feb doing the same thing, no problems plenty of heat,ELECTRIC and water un-winterized until I got back home in MA.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:53 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
That mountain aire is likely too long for the Ohio TPK RV sites. 40' is the limit.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel