RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #1

Trimark Keyless Entry

Our entry door and cargo doors are not responding to our key fobs. Can anyone suggest where the controller might be located on the coach ? Any suggestions on what to check ? Thanks in advance

Jeffreys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2014, 04:23 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The control is up near the top of steering wheel housing I believe.
Essex locking systems.
More on locks in QT's # 3 in things do brake section.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:14 AM   #3

Hi Jeff,

If you're referring to the rocker button that locks/unlocks the cargo bay doors, it is in the face of the passenger seat armrest forward of the cup holders.

Jigs
jigsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:17 AM   #4

The rocker button that locks/unlocks the entry door is should be the furtherest right right rocker button (closet to the door)on your interment pane.l
jigsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:22 AM   #5

Our controller was by the steering column.... I haven't done anything with it, the dealer pointed it out during our inspection. He also said that the instructions to reset it were included in the overall package we recv'd
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #6

Thanks guys. I found the RF controller under the steering Column. It looks like the next step will to see if the RF controller is getting power. It looks like I need to go out and purchase an OHM meter to determin if the RF Controller is getting power. If its not getting power, I am not sure what I can do from this point other than have the factory look at it when we have our warranty work done in September. I was hoping that there would be fuse somewhere that may have been blown but I have no idea where to look for it. The service rep at Trimark stated it could be a temp monitoring system on the same frequency which is jamming it. However, we don't have one and there were no new arrivals at the park we are at.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #7

Well, looks like a simple reset fixed it. I unplugged the power cord from the RF receiver and plugged it back in. Now, the key fobs activate both the entry lock and the cargo lock. I suppose the connection could have slightly been loose and wasn't tight. All is good now.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:29 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Jeff.....Last month, ours did the same thing. I found it under the dash, above the steering column. I did exactly the same thing as you....I unplugged it to test with a meter and and it worked when I plugged it back in.

I'm also finding that my key fobs have a very short range. Initially, you had to be standing right next to the door to get it to work. My Monaco with the same unit would operate from 50' away.

When we returned from our trip, I pulled the red wire with the flashing LED that is attached to the TriMark unit and added about 8' of wire and moved the flashing LED to the passenger "A" pillar. The light flashes when the doors are locked. I also took the black antenna lead, extended to the top of the dash above the radio and taped it there (underside of the dash).
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:13 PM   #9

Don

Those modifications you made make a lot of sense.

The Trimark service person I spoke to was surprised that the LED was not visible in the coach. She also mentioned that Newmar made some modifications that have created some very unusual issues.

I am going to do what you have done with the extensions. Makes a lot of sense...

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Jeff.....Last month, ours did the same thing. I found it under the dash, above the steering column. I did exactly the same thing as you....I unplugged it to test with a meter and and it worked when I plugged it back in.

I'm also finding that my key fobs have a very short range. Initially, you had to be standing right next to the door to get it to work. My Monaco with the same unit would operate from 50' away.

When we returned from our trip, I pulled the red wire with the flashing LED that is attached to the TriMark unit and added about 8' of wire and moved the flashing LED to the passenger "A" pillar. The light flashes when the doors are locked. I also took the black antenna lead, extended to the top of the dash above the radio and taped it there (underside of the dash).
Old 07-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to GraciesDaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Did that increase your effective distance, Don?
Old 07-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #11

I found that new key fob batteries helped to extend their range. The old ones had become so weak we had to stand by the driver's side window to unlock the door.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:42 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The antenna movement helped some, but you still have to be pretty close. I haven't changed the batteries because it's so new, but they may be bad. You could unlock my Monaco from 30' away.

I called TriMark three times and was told to leave a message for a tech t call back. Never heard from them. Not happy with their crappy customer service.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:26 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do you guys have keys or do you rely strictly on the fobs?

Don't know where I'm going, spose I'll get there anyway.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #14

We had 1 fob that was really bad, a replacement battery made a world of difference.

We mainly use the number pad, unless it's raining then the fob.

I keep the keys for back up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote