Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2023, 10:52 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Tripod satellite cabling

I’m trying to set up a tripod satellite for a 21 ventana. The tripod connections are in the electrical chord bay. I assume there is an a/b switch somewhere but have not been able to locate it. I can’t find it in the driver overhead or entertainment cabinets. I normally use the roof top antenna connected to the main connection in the entertainment cabinet. There are 2 other connection labeled aux and ground mount. I’m not sure if they are used for the tripod satellite or not. Any thoughts on how to complete the set up for the tripod are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2023, 06:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpco View Post
I’m trying to set up a tripod satellite for a 21 ventana. The tripod connections are in the electrical chord bay. I assume there is an a/b switch somewhere but have not been able to locate it. I can’t find it in the driver overhead or entertainment cabinets. I normally use the roof top antenna connected to the main connection in the entertainment cabinet. There are 2 other connection labeled aux and ground mount. I’m not sure if they are used for the tripod satellite or not. Any thoughts on how to complete the set up for the tripod are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
My A/B switch is in my bay just forward of the passenger side tag axle. It did not come with the coach, the dealer installed the switch, and an additional co-ax connection for the tripod, which was installed in the cord reel bay where the cable also comes in. The installer tapped into the satellite feed to install the switch. I don’t believe the A/B switch is standard on most coaches. Without the A/B switch you can’t use the other connections for satellite. I have never seen a connection labeled ground mount, perhaps that may go to the tripod.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 11:23 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
An update just in case someone else has this issue. I talked to newmar customer service this morning. The ground mount connection in the living room and bedroom cabinets hook directly into the receiver. This is the signal from the tripod satellite. There is no a/b switch. If you only have one receiver ( living room) connect the aux and bedroom connections in the living room cabinet with short coaxial cable.

Tags
satellite