RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #1

Trouble switching from ac/vent/heater

I have a 2005 Mountain Aire 4304, Spartan chassis.

On the dash controls for the ac/heater/vent, etc, when I go from one to another I have to open up the front hood and tap on the control motor to get it to switch to work.

There seems to be a electric motor that switches the functions.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Is there a way to fix it or do I need a complete new one?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is some information on the Evans system you have I would check ground wire locations and the vacume lines for controls.
Evans website info.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:21 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had a similar problem. I couldn't swith over to A/C. I had the Electronic Coolant Valve replaced and it is working fine now. You can get the part number (depending on your year and A/C control type) from the Evans Tempcon site that "007" posted and then search for it on the internet. I bought it online from a dealer. I think it was around $180.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Had trouble with mine, changed vacuum pump and problem solved.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #5

My problem seems to be more electrical. There is two wires going into the box. When you select going from heater to AC for example you can hear a small motor within the box come on to switch the function. I have to now tap on the box to get it to switch.
I am going to un-plug the two wires and check the terminals for corrosion. If that don't work I would guess the small electric motor is going bad. Probably need a complete new box.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #6

Thanks so much for posting the link to the Evans site. I've been trying to figure out the heater/ac controls on our unit since we bought it last June.

Jim

Jim01 is offline   Reply With Quote