Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #57

A TSD related question. While I have not actually seen or used an RV specific fueling pump at a truck stop, I have read that such accommodations are showing up in the marketplace. For anyone who has used one of these fueling pumps, I have two questions. First, does the TSD card work the same in these pumps as the truck lanes, including discounts? Second, which truck stops have you seen or used an RV specific fueling pump? Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2020, 09:17 AM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteDr View Post
A TSD related question. While I have not actually seen or used an RV specific fueling pump at a truck stop, I have read that such accommodations are showing up in the marketplace. For anyone who has used one of these fueling pumps, I have two questions. First, does the TSD card work the same in these pumps as the truck lanes, including discounts? Second, which truck stops have you seen or used an RV specific fueling pump? Thanks

P/FJ is the only one that I have seen with specific RV lanes. These are not useable by a 43Ft motorhome towing, and are nothing more than a normal car pump with a single lane. THey do offer water/dump in this pull thru area, but it is usually such a tight turn and requires driving thru the front of the store that I never even consider using them. Since I am putting in 100+ gallons, I prefer the truck spots.

The EFS discount is only going to work in dedicated truck lanes. It will not work in a lane designed for normal cars. I have never seen an RV dedicated lane in a truck stop. For smaller Class A and Class B/C, the P/FJ RV lanes may be an option, but would not have the discount.

The discount also is ONLY for diesel, will not apply to gasoline.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:31 AM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I just received a reply from Pilot FJ:
Goodbye Pilot/FJ - Hello TA/Loves/and everyone else!
Yelp … I got the same response as redbaron73.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. It was recently brought to our attention that TSD Logistics was reselling fuel by offering their discounts outside of their company. We were unaware of this activity and did not agree to the resale of our fuel.

We appreciate your business and are available to discuss this directly by contacting us at (865) 474-3986.

FLSteve
Old 03-05-2020, 09:58 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve View Post
Yelp … I got the same response as redbaron73.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. It was recently brought to our attention that TSD Logistics was reselling fuel by offering their discounts outside of their company. We were unaware of this activity and did not agree to the resale of our fuel.

We appreciate your business and are available to discuss this directly by contacting us at (865) 474-3986.

FLSteve
I too received the same email response, so I called. I had a pleasant, cordial conversation with them. Yes, the above quote is their current corporate position. I believe that it was helpful to make them as aware of the FMCA program as they are now aware of the TSD program, that this type of fuel program for RV'ers isn't going away, and it is competitive. When asked about their relationship with Good Sam I didn't receive a response.

I don't believe that Pilot would knowingly and willingly give up such a large heavy-user segment of consumers to their competition. It's not only the fuel volume but the store traffic as well.

I encourage everyone to call the above number and let them know how important it is to you. I shouldn't have to say this, but, please be polite as you are an ambassador for our RV'ing community.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:54 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Be sure to send your comments regarding the decision PFJ has made to them. They have a webpage contact form here: https://pilotflyingj.com/contact-us/
I do tend to be verbose and the 300 character limit (including spaces) was a challenge.

Anway, here's my 298 characters:

Is it true that PFJ is ending its link with TSD Logistics? As an RV owner, the TSD discount has been a compelling reason to buy fuel at PFJ. I only use about 4,000 g./yr so loss of my business won't be significant. I’m one of many who may favor fuel sources that continue to offer the TSD discount.

Before I connected with TSD Logistics last summer, I fueled, almost exclusively at PFJ. Since I hooked up with TSD, I've been stopping a Love's much more frequently than PFJ.

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-06-2020, 07:30 AM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
Today I called P/FJ. They told me briefly about a discount program they offer to truckers & individuals called "ONE-9". They will have someone from the "ONE-9" program call me. I am not expecting any substantial offer but I'll listen to what they have to say. Mayber it is something that can be within different owners groups or organizations.

Is anyone familiar with P/FJ's "ONE-9"
Old 03-06-2020, 07:47 AM   #63

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartS View Post
Today I called P/FJ. They told me briefly about a discount program they offer to truckers & individuals called "ONE-9". They will have someone from the "ONE-9" program call me. I am not expecting any substantial offer but I'll listen to what they have to say. Mayber it is something that can be within different owners groups or organizations.

Is anyone familiar with P/FJ's "ONE-9"
Pilot One9 Fuel Network

Looks like it's an expansion of their rewards program with other vendors. I don't see anything about fuel discounts. The one plus I see mentioned is access to Pride locations, but that is not a benefit to me as I already have that access. They are definitely not the cheapest, but can be of benefit in certain circumstances.

On edit: Looks like it might just be for commercial operators. Pilot One9 Application Form
Old 03-06-2020, 08:03 AM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I too have the pride card. It is not much of a discount, but it is convenient at times.

I saw one person post regarding the resturants at PFJ, and that is true...they often have more variety than loves, but TA is fairly decent in most places.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:06 AM   #65

Hello,

We appreciate your business and are available to discuss this directly by contacting us at (

So, this may apply to any and all outside TDS's own fleet and has nothing to do with Good Sam?
Old 03-06-2020, 08:40 AM   #66

Just got our card. Saved mucho $$ on 1st two fills - $40+ on 1st one. Love it!
Old 03-06-2020, 08:54 AM   #67

I am patiently waiting for mine as well.

The convenience of not having to go inside is also a big bonus.

Hard to believe that you can't pay at the pump with a credit in the truck lanes.

Looking forward to the savings have a trip to Newmar Service coming up the 17th.

Ted.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:47 AM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
I used to make all my fuel stops at Pilot/Flying J, but I am done with them. They are not competitive any more. If they think they and Good Sam own us, they are wrong. We can and will go elsewhere.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:06 AM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
When I looked on the app this morning to check fuel prices, the price at the P/FJ stations still show their normal discounts.
Truckers fueling at P/FJ using the TSD program are probably still going to get the discount.
I do not think P/FJ will ban the use of the TSD Fuel card.
Your TSD card does not say "RV Owner" and P/FJ does not have someone monitoring the pumps to see who uses them.
When you fuel at P/FJ you will probably get the discounts.
They may or may not have an exclusive arrangement with Good Sam but they will not turn away the lucrative trucking business that TSD Logistics provides.
For me the less we ask P/FJ about this the better.

Just my .02
Old 03-06-2020, 10:09 AM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyTom1 View Post
When I looked on the app this morning to check fuel prices, the price at the P/FJ stations still show their normal discounts.
Truckers fueling at P/FJ using the TSD program are probably still going to get the discount.
I do not think P/FJ will ban the use of the TSD Fuel card.
Your TSD card does not say "RV Owner" and P/FJ does not have someone monitoring the pumps to see who uses them.
When you fuel at P/FJ you will probably get the discounts.
They may or may not have an exclusive arrangement with Good Sam but they will not turn away the lucrative trucking business that TSD Logistics provides.
For me the less we ask P/FJ about this the better.

Just my .02
Tell me your thoughts on Monday, once the deadline announced has past.
Closed Thread