Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2020, 10:20 AM   #71

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyTom1 View Post
When I looked on the app this morning to check fuel prices, the price at the P/FJ stations still show their normal discounts.
Truckers fueling at P/FJ using the TSD program are probably still going to get the discount.
I do not think P/FJ will ban the use of the TSD Fuel card.
Your TSD card does not say "RV Owner" and P/FJ does not have someone monitoring the pumps to see who uses them.
When you fuel at P/FJ you will probably get the discounts.
They may or may not have an exclusive arrangement with Good Sam but they will not turn away the lucrative trucking business that TSD Logistics provides.
For me the less we ask P/FJ about this the better.

Just my .02
Perhaps Pilot/FJ won't enforce the RV restriction, but why would you want to support them now that they have told us we are not entitled to equal treatment?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am posting the prices as of this moment for 2 PFJ and a loves near my location. I will watch these change as the deadline approaches and update.

Right now loves is $0.07 cheaper than the PFJ.

As I understand, once the deadline arrives, TSD discount will disappear for all users, even trucks.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:51 AM   #73

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Forgot attachment...see prior postClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200306-124801_EFS%20CardControl.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	277139
Old 03-06-2020, 11:39 AM   #74

Newmar Owners Club
Pilot can easily tell if a truck or V is fueling in their lanes. Truckers enter the DOT number when they refill - us RVers don't. If you've ever used the Pilot card at any of their stations you know that it will ask for the DOT number - we just skip it when fueling.

My concern is that PFJ could encourage their competitors (Loves, etc.) to take closer look into the TSD cards and the entire program could come to s screeching halt for us RVers.

I don't think making a big deal out of this right now and calling or emailing PFJ will do us any favors - just use the other truck stops and ignore PFJ.
Old 03-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #75

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Goodbar View Post
Has anyone found places that cannot/will not honor fuel discounts? I was in Wisconsin and the Pilot/FJ would not honor GS discount. Said it was state law.
Also, I had this happen at a P/FJ in Kentucky somewhere south of Louisville.

Several p/FJ are franchise operations and yes I have in the past found a few who will not honor the GS discount. If you look on the small print info for the card it explains that
The part about the state law ? Sounds like a employee with bad info.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:22 PM   #76

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Well heck, just got mine and I was looking foward to use it! Are you saying no more running into the store when done fueling?
This card works just like they should, swipe, fuel, get receipt, leave? That would be awesome! Just looking for some clarification, thank.

Terry
Old 03-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #77

I’ve been using TDD Logistics fuel program since June of last year and have save .30 to as high as .50 cents a gallon on about 1800 gallons of fuel. This program works and they are a legitimate trucking company here in Texas. Please use my name when you sign up and I will get a $25 credit. And yes I have received over $250 in reference credits so far! JEFF VOIGT
Old 03-06-2020, 12:52 PM   #78

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
TSD Logistic is a reseller of the WEX debit card system. The WEX system offers EFS cards in a variety for the trucking industry. The TSD EFS card issued to RVers is a reseller program they initiated to capitalize on the Rv folks buying diesel only. They get 10% of whatever the savings. We get the 99% left. So this card is getting the same discount a truck in the next lane is getting with their card. The EFS Fleet card is a credit line to be paid weekly or monthly but is not a debit. It gets a different discount rate and is not offered by TSD. The fact TSD doesn’t want to differentiate trucks or Rv fueling is why Pilot/FJ (aka Good Sam/Camping World) is the real issue. It competes directly with their own discounts and marketing or the contract agreements the companies have between them. So they said adios. Well, not sure overall what the ramifications will be but that is pissing a lot of RV folks off. IMO
Old 03-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #79

Please call Pilot Flying J

Please call Pilot / Flying J and please be nice as you are an ambassador of the RV community. I just spoke to a young man who was very nice and is aware of the issue. I was very nice and explained that I would no longer being using a Pilot or Flying J until they get the issue resolved with TSD Logistics and their fuel program. Pilot does NOT want to loose out business so please put pressure on them to resolve the issue
865-474-3986
Old 03-06-2020, 12:57 PM   #80

Please call Pilot and let them know how you feel

865-474-3986
Old 03-06-2020, 01:01 PM   #81

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I agree being rude never is helpful. The real fallout is both FJ/Pilot and Good Sam/Camping World are both possibly going to loose out on thousands of customers. I would say the dollars will give us an answer over time. Meanwhile there are plenty of other fueling pumps and other places to buy or service our RV
Old 03-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #82

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've been a TSD member since last July. At that time the best discount was Love's followed by TA/Petro and other local vendors with decent discounts. The PFJ discount was a flat 5¢ per gallon at all locations. This would indicate to me that TSD trucks were not using PFJ at that time.

They then negotiated a better discount with PFJ in November. Even if TSD started fueling at PFJ, I doubt that pulling the program from TSD is going to have any negative effect. They will just go back to where they were fueling four months ago.

Personally I couldn't care less about PFJ's action as I will just continue to fuel at Love's.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:27 PM   #83

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The following was posted by TSD on their Facebook page:

Good morning everyone. I know everyone is disappointed with the Pilot decision; however, they were only a small portion of what is being purchased through our program. I am disappointed as well, because we had approval from our representative at Pilot who is no longer there, but I understand that if they signed a contract they have to honor that contract.
We didn't even have a discount with them until November, and even with that discount, they have never been the best price. Our other retailers have always been lower on their prices than Pilot. For those of you who still want to stop there, I encourage you to do so and use whatever discount card is available to you. We have always encouraged our customers to do a price check with all discount cards and apps to get the best price. We only want you to use our card if it helps you get the best rate.
The other truck stops continue to offer great discounts and we thank you for your continued support
Old 03-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #84

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I used to make all my fuel stops at Pilot/Flying J, but I am done with them. They are not competitive any more. If they think they and Good Sam own us, they are wrong. We can and will go elsewhere.

I AGREE 100%

I will still be getting the TSD Logistics Fuel Card.

Never was a big fan of Camping World or Good Sams. Never had or wanted the GS Fuel card. Could always find the same fuel on the same highways for quite a bit less with no problem.

The few penny savings at P & FJ was a joke. Now to find out that GS has been making big money in fuel "kick backs" from P&FJ with the fuel card doesn't surprise me.