Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2019, 03:57 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TSD Logistics

TSD Logistics has a fuel program and wants people with a RV to join for fuel discounts at Truck Stops mostly at Loves. Has anyone tried this?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2019, 04:14 PM   #2

Switt, I signed up last friday just waiting for my card.. Prices they sent memakes Loves stations very attractive. About 10 cents a gallon cheaper than local stations
Old 05-19-2019, 04:19 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Steve
Keep us posted on how it works out.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:20 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/
Old 05-19-2019, 05:31 PM   #5
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
The fact that someone would have access to my bank account for automatic payments would immediately stop me! Over the years, I've had a couple of those type transactions go bad and it was a nightmare to straighten out. No more of that for me!

TJ
Old 05-19-2019, 06:03 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
All - Weird, first looked at this post, there were two responses. Left tab open, and went to find TSD Logistics, no joy on program. In the meantime, DSD posted link, so I read about it. No one is drafting directly from my bank account unless I know them, or have personally set up a reoccurring payment (like local water company). So this is a deal breaker for me. Additionally I got a bad taste in my mouth about Lover's in general about how they treated me an RV owner, read my tale:

Needed fuel real bad, and stopped just west of Benson, AZ. I paid with cc, and they up charged me 30 cents a gallon, and then did not give me the RV price either, since clearly she could tell I had RV, and I told her it was an RV. So, with that experience, I just will pass this program by.

Camping World/Good Sam (yeah, got to be member of CW-GS is included) has fuel discount with Pilot-Flying J. You can get just a discount card, and pay inside, or you can apply for a charge card (different than Credit Card-balance paid in full each month). You then get the cash price, or maybe a discount below that, but the convenience of having the choice of just driving up to pump, popping in CC, and filling up (not having to carry gobs of cash, or upcharge for another CC used) cannot be overstated. PFJ are I think more numerous than Loves or TA, so you can find them most everywhere, sometimes Pilot is on one side of Interstate and Flying J is on the other, or right next to each other, or one exit different. So I believe will stick with PFJ for my fuel.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:20 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TJ
That’s what I was thinking but a friend of mine has opened a separate account and said he would transfer funds into it to cover the transaction.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:10 PM   #8

I just called them and they told me they were opening up to RV owners. Explained how it worked and sent me an application. Keep you advised!
Old 07-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
There is another post going in one of the general forums and so far, it looks like people are happy with it and some are saving quite a bit on fuel. I think I would definitely fund it from a separate account.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:02 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Here's the other post.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/fuel-...ue-450563.html
Old 07-15-2019, 03:26 PM   #11

They are doing this because the more fuel purchased with their EFS cards, the bigger discounts they can negotiate with the suppliers. DP can add a lot of fuel purchased to their ledger.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post
All - Weird, first looked at this post, there were two responses. Left tab open, and went to find TSD Logistics, no joy on program. In the meantime, DSD posted link, so I read about it. No one is drafting directly from my bank account unless I know them, or have personally set up a reoccurring payment (like local water company). So this is a deal breaker for me. Additionally I got a bad taste in my mouth about Lover's in general about how they treated me an RV owner, read my tale:

Needed fuel real bad, and stopped just west of Benson, AZ. I paid with cc, and they up charged me 30 cents a gallon, and then did not give me the RV price either, since clearly she could tell I had RV, and I told her it was an RV. So, with that experience, I just will pass this program by.

Camping World/Good Sam (yeah, got to be member of CW-GS is included) has fuel discount with Pilot-Flying J. You can get just a discount card, and pay inside, or you can apply for a charge card (different than Credit Card-balance paid in full each month). You then get the cash price, or maybe a discount below that, but the convenience of having the choice of just driving up to pump, popping in CC, and filling up (not having to carry gobs of cash, or upcharge for another CC used) cannot be overstated. PFJ are I think more numerous than Loves or TA, so you can find them most everywhere, sometimes Pilot is on one side of Interstate and Flying J is on the other, or right next to each other, or one exit different. So I believe will stick with PFJ for my fuel.
I agree with what some has said about allowing anyone direct removal from any of my accounts. Since our first fiver/F350 we have been using Flying J and Pilot stations. Whatever level we are at with our CW/Good Sams membership I'm not sure but by using my Pilot card I get .9 off per gallon.

A few years ago I was traveling out west and of course Pilot and Flying J stations are not as common in some states. I was forced to use a couple Love's and what a nightmare. Pull into the diesel pumps, go inside for them to run a predicted amount on a cc, back out to pump your actual amount, then back inside to settle up. It was a joke IMHO. I started emailing up the food chain at Love's corporate, asking them why they did not have a card similar to my Pilot card where an RVer could fuel up and use it at the pump. They did not seem too interested in RVers purchasing diesel from them at that time.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switt View Post
TJ
That’s what I was thinking but a friend of mine has opened a separate account and said he would transfer funds into it to cover the transaction.
Exactly, pretty simple to open a second account. Only downside is some banks charge a monthly fee on small balance accounts, but I believe if you shop around you can avoid the fee.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:58 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
I got my card recently and used it yesterday for the first time. The transaction showed full price in the EFS app at the time of purchase. This morning I got an email from TSD Logistics (titled "Happy Fueling") showing the original price, discount applied, the fee taken by TSD, and the final amount withdrawn from my bank account. I ended up saving 46 cents per gallon which I thought was great.

TSD Logistics has been around for a long time and is a very reputable company. These days, many major businesses transact by direct debit, so I have no hesitation using it.
Closed Thread