Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2019, 09:20 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmsfx View Post
One other thing. Some people have expressed concern about “debit card fraud.” It’s not a debit card, it’s a fleet card.

It is a truck fleet card with an ach transfer from you checking account. The concern is fraudulent withdrawals from your checking account. With all the discussion on this and other forums I haven’t heard of this happening. TSD seems like a good company.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2019, 06:28 AM   #86

I have been using the program since Aug and it is very legit and well worth it. you immediately know the saving after pumping and they send a invoice the next business day prior to withdrawing the funds.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:19 AM   #87

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I signed up in Nov. The card didn't arrive in time for my trip to Nappanee (CO - IN - CO). I emailed them the day before my departure, because it should have arrived in time. In response they sent a scan of all the info I needed to setup the Loves and EFS mobile app. Used EFS app to find the best price. Compared the locations with Gas Buddy. EFS always has the lowest price. I never had trouble planning my daily fill up at a Loves location and was always able to pay at the pump with the app.

Total savings during that round trip to Nappanee was $178. Best day was in Aurora, NE when I saved $25 on 43 gal of fuel.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:28 AM   #88

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhound View Post
I signed up in Nov. The card didn't arrive in time for my trip to Nappanee (CO - IN - CO). I emailed them the day before my departure, because it should have arrived in time. In response they sent a scan of all the info I needed to setup the Pilot and EFS mobile app. Used EFS app to find the best price. Compared the locations with Gas Buddy. EFS always has the lowest price. I never had trouble planning my daily fill up at a Pilot location and was always able to pay at the pump with the app.

Total savings during that round trip to Nappanee was $178. Best day was in Aurora, NE when I saved $25 on 43 gal of fuel.
Generally Pilot is the most expensive on the EFS in my experience. I have found the best prices at Loves locations, but they are certainly more limited than Pilot/Flying J
Old 12-28-2019, 08:36 AM   #89

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
Generally Pilot is the most expensive on the EFS in my experience. I have found the best prices at Loves locations, but they are certainly more limited than Pilot/Flying J
oops... you are right tim5055. I should have said Loves. I am always mixing that up. Thanks for noticing my mistake.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:04 AM   #90

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhound View Post
oops... you are right tim5055. I should have said Loves. I am always mixing that up. Thanks for noticing my mistake.
I confuse them at times also.

I used to always go to PFJ because I got the Good Sams discount card 6 cents off the cash price seemed good to me with a 28 gallon tank towing a trailer.

When I got the coach I wanted a bigger discount for the 150 gallon tank. But, to be honest, once the gauge gets around 1/2 I'm looking for fuel anyway.

As I have gotten older and have the coach I've discovered I'm-

- Driving slower

- Stopping more often

- Walking the dogs more

- Enjoying the trip instead of rushing to get somewhere.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:08 PM   #91

the trick is with a 150 gallon tank to find the cheaper fuel and go there. at a half tank 75 (60 to allow for time restraints) gallons and you are getting 9 MPG you still have 540 ish mile to empty..

allows a lot of time to find the best deal.. like you are in CA heading east and half tank put you still in CA with fuel at 4.00 a gallon or take a break, keep heading east AZ and get it for 2.89 gallon..

sounds like a plan to me. between gasbuddy, sams clubs that sell diesel, TSD card finding the BEST price is easier for sure..
Old 01-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #92

Looking for some help in getting the EFS to work.

Got home activated the card and changed PIN.

Then signed in and check my balance on the 1-888 number.

Then down load the EFS app tried to,sign in with the large account number and the new PIN.

The APP did not work?

Do you have to wait a few days? Removed the APP and reloaded still did not recognize my number or PIN.

Called customer service and it looks like the account is active so everything should work?

The PIN is used in the app but the 4 digits of the SS is used at the pumps?
Old 01-10-2020, 05:14 AM   #93

I recall a post from TSD the prices at Pilot/ Flying J was getting better now with more than 8K new cards out there.. if you check the daily reports, not sure the website address, you can see how the P/FJ discounts have gotten better in the past couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
Old 01-10-2020, 07:24 AM   #94

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl2591 View Post
I recall a post from TSD the prices at Pilot/ Flying J was getting better now with more than 8K new cards out there.. if you check the daily reports, not sure the website address, you can see how the P/FJ discounts have gotten better in the past couple of months.
So far all of my travel has been in areas where Loves are abundant.

I also have become a fan of the Loves App. With the EFS card linked I can start the pump from the app. If may seem silly (I thought it was when someone above posted it) but using the app is much easier than swiping at the pump. Yo avoid about half the questions like refer, truck# ect. Tell the app the location and when you pull up at the pump just select the pump number in the app. Easy peasy....

I'm sure I'll find a time that other places like Pilot/Flying J are my only choice, but for now Loves is great. I find them much nicer and cleaner than the Pilot/Flying J locations I used before with my Good Sams discount card.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:34 AM   #95

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Looking for some help in getting the EFS to work.

Got home activated the card and changed PIN.

Then signed in and check my balance on the 1-888 number.

Then down load the EFS app tried to,sign in with the large account number and the new PIN.

The APP did not work?

Do you have to wait a few days? Removed the APP and reloaded still did not recognize my number or PIN.

Called customer service and it looks like the account is active so everything should work?

The PIN is used in the app but the 4 digits of the SS is used at the pumps?
When signing in to the EFS app for the first time were you doing it from a mobile device or tablet? I had problems as well and was told by the EFS people that the first time had to be done from a laptop or desktop computer not the app.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
Old 01-10-2020, 11:36 AM   #96

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Canuck53,
You are correct. PIN = APP, Last 4 of SS = pump.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 01-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
When signing in to the EFS app for the first time were you doing it from a mobile device or tablet? I had problems as well and was told by the EFS people that the first time had to be done from a laptop or desktop computer not the app.
Yes I called yesterday and they said it was likely something flaky with the app. I called this morning and the person said let me sign in from her computer.
Bingo.

She indicated this was the 3rd time this morning that an IPhone had a problem.

Maybe something in the IPhone world? I’m sure if they can not figure it out in the back office they will add that to the instructions when you get the card.

Thanks
Old 01-10-2020, 06:25 PM   #98

For those in the know, I received my EFS card today and set up a pin. In terms of the process, I can just put this card into the pump, put in my control number and then pump away without going in? And a discount too?
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel