Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2019, 10:25 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
TSD has an app that shows your purchases almost immediately. The app also allows you to input your destination and it will show you potential fuel stops along your route and the price. You also get an email the following day of a fuel purchase. It’s an xl spread sheet which is great for tracking your fuel $. I which I would have gotten this card a long time ago.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2019, 04:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701A View Post
There has been a big discussion on this card in my post in the Class A forum on why would people buy from TA, Pilot, etc.

I am about to apply for this card but first I'm setting up a separate checking account that I will keep limited funds in so that if some worst case scenario happened they could not get much more money than what I'm spending on fuel short term.
I did something similar..had a checking account already that I use for Pay Pal with limited funds in...gave them that one
Old 08-22-2019, 05:03 AM   #17

Started using this program on our trip this month. Works exactly like they say. Savings this time were between $0.25-$0.32 per gallon, which is not too shabby. Plus, you can pay at the pump not have to go back and forth to the pay booth when fueling.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
Old 08-22-2019, 05:37 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilervol View Post
TSD has an app that shows your purchases almost immediately. The app also allows you to input your destination and it will show you potential fuel stops along your route and the price. You also get an email the following day of a fuel purchase. It’s an xl spread sheet which is great for tracking your fuel $. I which I would have gotten this card a long time ago.
Hi Bill, question for ya, I have the EFS App. but when logged in it only shows cash advance and recent purchases. no other option's as you describe above? Hoping you can enlighten me. Thank you!
On a side note, I have not had the chance to use the card as of yet if that matters?
Old 08-22-2019, 07:30 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Hi Bill, question for ya, I have the EFS App. but when logged in it only shows cash advance and recent purchases. no other option's as you describe above? Hoping you can enlighten me. Thank you!
On a side note, I have not had the chance to use the card as of yet if that matters?
On Android, in the upper left corner there is a menu (the three stacked bars) and then you click price locator. That will bring you to a map. You can enter a single destination, zoom in, or click the first icon with looks like a compass arrow and then let's you enter an address for a route search.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:34 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701A View Post
There has been a big discussion on this card in my post in the Class A forum on why would people buy from TA, Pilot, etc.

I am about to apply for this card but first I'm setting up a separate checking account that I will keep limited funds in so that if some worst case scenario happened they could not get much more money than what I'm spending on fuel short term.
I think people over think this. While for something like Paypal, I can see doing a separate checking account, because if someone gets your paypal login (and let's face it, most people use the same username/password on many sites) then they could make purchases and drain your account quick.

With a company like TSD, there is close to zero chance of this happening.

First, the information they have (routing and account number) are on your checks. So, if you have ever written checks, you've given that number to any number of people. The fact is that it isn't simple to do ACH transactions against a bank account (compared to if your credit card number is exposed for instance).

TSD has been around for a long time and runs a ton of trucks, so the chance of them fraudulently hitting all of our accounts is next to zero.

So, bottom line, it's a prudent step to take with Paypal, because there is a very real chance of that being hacked and having your account drained. For an a company like TSD the risk is close to zero and is lower than writing a check.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:51 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
On Android, in the upper left corner there is a menu (the three stacked bars) and then you click price locator. That will bring you to a map. You can enter a single destination, zoom in, or click the first icon with looks like a compass arrow and then let's you enter an address for a route search.
Thank you! I opened the App and there is no stacked bar's in the left hand corner, but I tapped on the area where you said and the menu opened up! I have tapped all over it but not the top left ! Thank you again!!
Old 08-22-2019, 08:57 AM   #22

Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I opened a checking account through a local credit union. No fees of any kind and no minimum balance. We fill up and then replenish the checking account. It’s all online and could not be simpler.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Thank you! I opened the App and there is no stacked bar's in the left hand corner, but I tapped on the area where you said and the menu opened up! I have tapped all over it but not the top left ! Thank you again!!
On mine, they are directly above the cash advance upper left.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:51 AM   #24

Got the fuel card about a month ago and am using it on our current trip. I have saved $100 so far off the pump price on three fuel stops. Two at Loves stations and one at TA. No longer have to go inside. Transaction is handled at the pump. I setup a separate account at US Bank and since I am a veteran, no fees. Everything is working exactly as TSD stated.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:48 AM   #25

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilervol View Post
X2 Boilervol. Saves me an average .50 per gallon. My first purchase it took them 2 weeks to process my card, but they DIDN’T forget about me If you don’t like their service and want to pay .50 more than you could with the card they say just don’t use it, no cost to do either. It’s a deal for us.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:10 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I think people over think this. While for something like Paypal, I can see doing a separate checking account, because if someone gets your paypal login (and let's face it, most people use the same username/password on many sites) then they could make purchases and drain your account quick.

With a company like TSD, there is close to zero chance of this happening.

First, the information they have (routing and account number) are on your checks. So, if you have ever written checks, you've given that number to any number of people. The fact is that it isn't simple to do ACH transactions against a bank account (compared to if your credit card number is exposed for instance).

TSD has been around for a long time and runs a ton of trucks, so the chance of them fraudulently hitting all of our accounts is next to zero.

So, bottom line, it's a prudent step to take with Paypal, because there is a very real chance of that being hacked and having your account drained. For an a company like TSD the risk is close to zero and is lower than writing a check.
Thank you! Way too many over thinking this. You will have a code/pin no one else has, not even the company. It is all in the computer code. Just like the Pilot RV Plus card. Even if these cards are stolen no one is going to be using them.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:15 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn John View Post
Thank you! Way too many over thinking this. You will have a code/pin no one else has, not even the company. It is all in the computer code. Just like the Pilot RV Plus card. Even if these cards are stolen no one is going to be using them.
FYI. The pin is not always required to activate the pump. TSD verified this when I let them know it happened to me.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockdar View Post
FYI. The pin is not always required to activate the pump. TSD verified this when I let them know it happened to me.
Agreed. I've used the card 3 times and have never been required to enter a PIN. The transaction is authorized with a swipe of the card. So don't lose it.
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel