Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2019, 10:15 AM   #1

TSD Logistics EFS Fuel Card

Wife showed me this the other day: https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

Anyone have any experience with it? Seems like a decent deal. I'm sure they make $ on the backend but if they're saving me $, what do I care?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2019, 10:25 AM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/tsd-...cs-444277.html
Old 06-06-2019, 10:29 AM   #3

Thanks Don! I gotta start searching for stuff before asking...
Old 06-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
There's not much in the link, it's just that I remembered reading about TSD a month or so and looked them up.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:43 PM   #5
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
The downside is that you have to authorize TSD access to your bank account for payment. I'm not willing to do that, so this won't work for me.

TJ
Old 06-06-2019, 03:05 PM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
The downside is that you have to authorize TSD access to your bank account for payment. I'm not willing to do that, so this won't work for me.

TJ
They are leveraging a program that they appear to have for their company owned and operated trucks. I find it hard to believe that the truckstop chains will allow for any length of time. That part I would not trust to continue.

As far as the direct debit, that is usually a condition of getting the pricing level that the trucking company gets. They are just passing that process on to cover their cash flow. Like it or not. I would agree however, that if you do not know them, you should certainly be cautious. EFS I would trust, this company I am not sure I would.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:48 PM   #7

I just signed up for TSD fuel program. I have an old bank account that I am going to use. I filled up at Loves in New Mexico yesterday for $3.01 a gallon. If I have used the card the price would have been $2.55
TSD is a legitimate trucking company out of Texas and the more fuel they buy the better negotiating power they have.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:36 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's the original thread that began our discussion: Fuel Discount Program.....to good to be true?

Like many I do not have a debit card as I don't want anyone having access to my account however, I've noticed the last couple of months that my Chase CC payment which I made with a check was electronically deducted from my account. When I asked the bank they told me it was their right to do it as everything is going electronic.

Another problem I, like some of you part timers, is that I have household bills every month. I had left signed checks for my daughter to fill out when the bills came in and send me a text as to how much

I recently subscribed to my bank's online service and have fallen in love with it as I can check my accounts as often as I like. I am in the process of setting up my 2 remaining household accounts to withdraw from a special savings account I have for this purpose. Will be adding my CC too. This way I know every collection within minutes of it being made and I only transfer money into the account as needed with a couple of hundred as a foundation.

For me it is working and so is the TSD EFS. Today diesel at the Williamsville, IL LOVES was $3.28 per gallon. The TSD discount price is $2.81 for a difference of 47 cents per gallon. After TSD takes their 5%, which is 2.5 cents, so my savings is 45.5 cents a gallon. At 50 gallons that is a savings of $22.75. What I save in a day pays for my night's RV site.

Drive safe - Richard
Old 08-21-2019, 03:56 AM   #9

TSD site I checked said 10% not 5%

"Our fee is 10% of the savings per gallon. So if the retail cost is $3.00 per gallon and our cost is $2.50 per gallon, your fee will be 5 cents per gallon."

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/
2002 Country Coach Allure 36 #30752, Double Slide
Old 08-21-2019, 06:23 AM   #10

I have been following the TSD discount card program on this forum and on others. It has been catching on and a lot of RVers are starting to use it.

I'm getting closer to pull the trigger because we have already spent over $3,000 for diesel this year with about another $3,000 to go.

Still just a little hesitant about the whole bank account set up. We have a small account in Florida that would work perfectly. It is one we seldom use and keep the balance down. However, recently someone used my debit card to pay for cable TV out east somewhere! I called the cable company out there for information on the $74 charge but they wouldn't give me any information. They said I would have to dispute the issue with my bank. Of course my bank did take it off but it just shows you how easily someone can do this.

Still weighing the risk vs. saving $300 to $400 a year on my fuel bill.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
I have been following the TSD discount card program on this forum and on others. It has been catching on and a lot of RVers are starting to use it.

I'm getting closer to pull the trigger because we have already spent over $3,000 for diesel this year with about another $3,000 to go.

Still just a little hesitant about the whole bank account set up. We have a small account in Florida that would work perfectly. It is one we seldom use and keep the balance down. However, recently someone used my debit card to pay for cable TV out east somewhere! I called the cable company out there for information on the $74 charge but they wouldn't give me any information. They said I would have to dispute the issue with my bank. Of course my bank did take it off but it just shows you how easily someone can do this.

Still weighing the risk vs. saving $300 to $400 a year on my fuel bill.
For what it's worth, it's much easier for someone to fraudulently use a stolen debit card number than a bank account.

What I mean is that they can't just go and place an order with Amazon or someplace where fraud typically happens, using a bank account. There are a limited number of places that debit directly from a bank account, and anyone that got that information (which is on every check a person writes, by the way), would typically only be able to use it with service type companies that more typically use the bank ACH system.

Bottom line, if you ever write physical checks, then you are handing people the same information that is used for an ACH payment, which is your bank routing number and your bank account.

While it's becoming less and less necessary, most of us have written thousands of checks and never had anyone make a fraudulent ACH payment.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:22 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I can't believe how great this is! I always stop at truck stops because of location and convenience. I linked my EFS card to my Love's app and now I pay at the pump and save 40-50 cents a gallon. This crushes my best credit card cash back on fuel and I don't have to use 3 different cards sometimes because of limits. I don't even get my wallet out of the coach! The EFS app shows what I will ultimately pay and TDS sends you a spreadsheet with amount of fuel, discounted price, and their 10% fee on the savings. The debit is 2 business days later so I just transfer $ from my main account to the one I have just for these charges just to be extra safe. Overall Amazing.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:17 PM   #13

I have been using it for 3 months...it’s a “ no brainer”
Love’s is the best discount...they send out the diesel rates for the whole country every day 👍
The more people who join the better the discount.
I’d go for it IMO
Old 08-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post

TJ

There has been a big discussion on this card in my post in the Class A forum on why would people buy from TA, Pilot, etc.

I am about to apply for this card but first I'm setting up a separate checking account that I will keep limited funds in so that if some worst case scenario happened they could not get much more money than what I'm spending on fuel short term.

Tags
fuel