Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #1

TST tire monitor Help

Ok I need a little help with my TST tire monitor steer tire issue, my pressure itís set at 115 PSI cold my left front alarm goes off at 123 and sometimes at 127 and at after I sit a while it goes off again at 117 only the left tire temperature is about 68/70 ( cool and rainy) I just have to keep tuning off and on driving from Michigan to the East coast itís getting to be a pain, and unreliable have you had this issue? How do I fix it? Thanks

Zzotte
zzotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2021, 01:45 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
There is a way to set the high side pressure warning. Iím sorry I donít remember how to do it, but if you call TST they can walk you through it.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:34 PM   #3

I have the high pressure set at 133 and low at 109

Zzotte
Old 10-16-2021, 07:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
I have the high pressure set at 133 and low at 109

Zzotte
By any chance is the sensor on the wrong tire ( front on the rear or other way ? ) As for the alarm if you press the + or the -- that should silence the alarm, this way you don't have to wait for them to come back up. If your setting and sensors are all correct I would just call TST. They are the best for walking you thru issues
96kpmjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 07:27 PM   #5

My TST instruction sheet recommended 158 psi as high alarm for my cold pressures, there is a chart I recall that advises the high setpoint based in your cold fill.

They have their institutions on line too if you search it out.

I run my tires at 125 psi cold (45F) and have watched closely and pressure ruse is roughly 50% of the temp rise.

At 95F tire temp pressure gets up to 148psi. At 75F it gets 140 psi.
MCRV Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 08:01 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I had the a similar issue on the last trip. I have a tire/wheel that has lost air, about 5 psi a month, since new. The tire has been off three times and no leaks ca be found. For two years, I've just added a few extra psi before a trip. On our last trip, it started holding air without issue. However, every time I started the coach up on this last trip, it would alarm, even though it had more air than the other tires on the same axle.

Finally, I called TST. I was a little embarrassed when he asked if I pushed the diagnostics button on the screen for that sensor......uh...no. Once I did, it showed a low battery. I installed a new battery and problem solved. It should be noted that I change the batteries and o-rings about every 12-14 months as a service item.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
...Finally, I called TST. I was a little embarrassed when he asked if I pushed the diagnostics button on the screen for that sensor......uh...no. Once I did, it showed a low battery. I installed a new battery and problem solved. It should be noted that I change the batteries and o-rings about every 12-14 months as a service item.
Never noticed that possibility - I'll have to look on the next trip. Does that screen only appear on an alarm?
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:43 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Ok I need a little help with my TST tire monitor steer tire issue, my pressure itís set at 115 PSI cold my left front alarm goes off at 123 and sometimes at 127 and at after I sit a while it goes off again at 117 only the left tire temperature is about 68/70 ( cool and rainy) I just have to keep tuning off and on driving from Michigan to the East coast itís getting to be a pain, and unreliable have you had this issue? How do I fix it? Thanks

Zzotte
There are some great video's at this site, that will help you with your problem.

https://tsttruck.com/product-support
Old 10-17-2021, 12:33 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Never noticed that possibility - I'll have to look on the next trip. Does that screen only appear on an alarm?
I certainly never read past the installation instructions when I installed mine years ago. That's why I felt stupid when they asked if I checked why it alarmed. I would have to look at the instructions again, but once you get an alarm on one sensor and there is obviously nothing wrong with the tire, you push one of the three buttons and it displays an icon. Mine displayed a low battery icon.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:53 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I certainly never read past the installation instructions when I installed mine years ago. That's why I felt stupid when they asked if I checked why it alarmed. I would have to look at the instructions again, but once you get an alarm on one sensor and there is obviously nothing wrong with the tire, you push one of the three buttons and it displays an icon. Mine displayed a low battery icon.
Don thanks for the information, I didn't know this either
Old 10-19-2021, 09:08 AM   #11

125 lbs seems like a lot of air in tires. just curious if your mh rides rough. I run 120 lbs in steering and 115 lbs in both rear axles. my tire guy says 110l bs in all tires for the weight would be ok..
Newmar nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:38 AM   #12

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help, issue solved, I replaced all the batteries again on eight sensors and itís all good, either the batteries were bad or I had a serious case of cranium gas Hahaha

Zzotte
zzotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 12:20 PM   #13
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for the help, issue solved, I replaced all the batteries again on eight sensors and itís all good, either the batteries were bad or I had a serious case of cranium gas Hahaha

Zzotte
When I spoke to TST, they emphasized that you check the battery voltage of NEW batteries. Apparently, battery quality and shelf life may be in question.

Tags
monitor, tire