Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Tv sound over ceiling speakers?

Can anyone tell me if i can get the tv sound in my 2000 newmar mountain arie to come through the ceiling speakers? Everything is factory,panasonic dash radio/backup camera,vcr,8 disc changer and all the entertainment center push buttons.the tv is a 19" panasonic tube type. I have tryed everything short of pulling the tv out to see if it has the output cables on the rear of the tv. Before i do that i thought i would ask and maybe save a lot of work for nothing. It might not of been set up to do this? Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I don't know if this will help since you have a Panasonic and I had a Sony, but the factory hookup for sound through the house speakers was through the Sony AM/FM/CD player. One selected AUX via the Sony mode switch and the sound was routed to the auxiliary output (the house speakers). In order for this to work there was an additional Sony unit that was installed under the dash, on the firewall that took the output from the TV and routed it to the Sony AUX input.

I'm not sure why they did it this way since it is easy to do the same thing with just an A-B switch, or a L-Pad. So you may have something like that.

The first thing I would do is check your Panasonic manual to see if it has the AUX input jacks on the back of the unit, or see if you have a MODE switch on the Panasonic, and then select AUX and turn up the volume. Mine used the Sony amp to raise and lower the volumne, in addition to the volume control on the TV.You can also try to see up under the dash to check the back of the Panasonic for phono type jacks. It's not easy to get your head up under there, but I had done it dozens of times, and learn a lot about how things are connected.

The last way would be to pull the Panasonic out far enough to check the back of the unit for phono jacks and connections made to them. Most of the AM/FM/CD players now have special "keys", tools to unlock the unit for removal. If you don't have those keys, don't even try to remove the Panasonic...

Good luck...
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Mine was the same way.. put stereo on aux. and that worked for me ..
Old 06-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav-cle View Post
Mine was the same way.. put stereo on aux. and that worked for me ..
that was on my 2000 Mt. Aire my 2005 is different.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The TV you have may not have the RCA jacks on rear to do what you want.
Now if you changed it out to LCD you will have them.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Speaking of RCA jacks on an LCD TV; I recently replaced my Sony LCD with a Sony LED TV and found the the new LED TV doesnt have RCA outputs for the audio as did the LCD and the CRT. The LED TV only has an earphone jack as an output source, so now I have to adapt from mini-phono to RCA to have the sound sent over the house speakers...

A dollar here and a dollar there, and pretty soon we are talking BIG money... it never ends, ya pay, and pay, and pay!
Old 06-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Romeo, you may have a USB port on this unit that you may be able to use.
Haven't upgraded my TV yet so I'm not sure.
It also has RCA inputs that I use for I-Pod.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club

My Sony XA-102 is not as sophisticated as your "XA". Mine is a very simplistic silver box, stuck up under the dash, with just some RCA ports and the Sony "master control" port for the proprietary Sony control cable, so I don't have a USB port. The only audio output on the LED TV, other than the headphone jack, is a digital audio (optical) output, which is not compatible with my XA-102 or the AM/FM/CD player. I will just make up a RCA phono to mini stereo adapter cable. Actually, Radio Shack has adapters to do the job, but a home made adapter cable will work better than a one piece adapter.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think you can get my unit still on Sony Web and I use a RS RCA cable plug for my I-Pod into radio setup, found in Quick Tips.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #10

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
Speaking of RCA jacks on an LCD TV; I recently replaced my Sony LCD with a Sony LED TV and found the the new LED TV doesnt have RCA outputs for the audio as did the LCD and the CRT. The LED TV only has an earphone jack as an output source, so now I have to adapt from mini-phono to RCA to have the sound sent over the house speakers...

A dollar here and a dollar there, and pretty soon we are talking BIG money... it never ends, ya pay, and pay, and pay!
Yep . . . a minor repair becomes major in a heartbeat!!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Just for the record... for those that may be using this thread for help, I need to correct the model number of my unit. It is actually a XA-107, not a XA-102, there is no XA-102.

My original Sony CDX-4750 had a defective LED display so I just replaced it with a newer Sony CDX-GT700HD. It is compatible with the XA-107 and has some additional features such as a USB input on the front panel that will accept the USB output of a MP3 player or memory stick. It also will accept TV audio ouput via the AUX INPUT, just like the original Sony.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony_xa107.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	11712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony_CDX-GT700HD.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	11713  

Old 07-07-2011, 03:56 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for all the replys , i do not have an aux or the set up to do what i want to do with the speakers. Newmar must not of set this unit up that way.

Tags
ceiling