Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2018, 08:41 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Unbelievable Dealer. Above and beyond

Brand new to the forum. Got our 2014 Dutch Star a few weeks ago. The wife and I wanted to go on a few little trips to see how everything works before my hip surgery the end of the month as we are planning on leaving in January for a few months of traveling. So on our first little trip, after 35 miles, the engine warning light comes on, check engine light goes on, dashboard is blowing up. So we stop of course on Interstate.

I go out back and there’s radiator fluid on the pavement. Not happy. Its Sunday, Labor Day weekend at 1 pm, Warranty people aren’t any help, so the wife calls up our salesperson from the dealership. It’s Sunday remember. He asked me whats wrong and I said it looks like we lost a belt off the engine. I sent him a few pics of which belt it was.

He told us he and a mechanic from the dealership will be there in an hour or so. We couldn’t believe it.

Sure enough, after an hour or so, he shows up, with a mechanic and his wife! They put on a new belt, we add in some fluid and we are on our way. A little later but on our way.

Can’t beleive the salesman...and he is 83 years old, would do this for us. Says a lot about the dealership. Steinbring out of Garfield, MN. Pretty cool.
Schask is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2018, 08:56 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Nice to hear a story like this. Hopefully, you're getting him and the mechanic a nice gift card so that they feel appreciated for going above and beyond.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:24 AM   #3

Thumbs up

Steinbring has enjoyed a great reputation for many years! In the big scheme of things in the RV World and many others, its about service.
In my view while price is important, you can't put a price in great service.......which is lacking in a lot of dealerships not to mention pure incompetence.
Thanks for sharing.
BigDogSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:25 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Steinbring Rocks!

I'm not surprised that Steinbring Motorcoach went the extra mile for you. We purchased our 2001 Newmar NewAire 2801 from them and the whole experience was wonderful.

Over the years, I've met some wonderful people in the RV business (as well as some ne'er-do-wells). For me, Steinbring has really set the bar high when it comes to RV dealerships.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:42 AM   #5

That's a great salesperson there. Glad things worked out for you. Good to know there's a lot of good people in this world willing to help.
WulfHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Great to read about positive dealer experiences! Congratulations on your new motorhome
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schask View Post
Brand new to the forum. Got our 2014 Dutch Star a few weeks ago. The wife and I wanted to go on a few little trips to see how everything works before my hip surgery the end of the month as we are planning on leaving in January for a few months of traveling. So on our first little trip, after 35 miles, the engine warning light comes on, check engine light goes on, dashboard is blowing up. So we stop of course on Interstate.

I go out back and there’s radiator fluid on the pavement. Not happy. Its Sunday, Labor Day weekend at 1 pm, Warranty people aren’t any help, so the wife calls up our salesperson from the dealership. It’s Sunday remember. He asked me whats wrong and I said it looks like we lost a belt off the engine. I sent him a few pics of which belt it was.

He told us he and a mechanic from the dealership will be there in an hour or so. We couldn’t believe it.

Sure enough, after an hour or so, he shows up, with a mechanic and his wife! They put on a new belt, we add in some fluid and we are on our way. A little later but on our way.

Can’t beleive the salesman...and he is 83 years old, would do this for us. Says a lot about the dealership. Steinbring out of Garfield, MN. Pretty cool.
Lee is a great guy - real man of his word!
wepinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:10 PM   #8

Lee is the best!

I drove from Idaho back in 2015 to trade coaches at Steinbring and arrived late at night, long after Steinbring had closed. Lee left me a place to park the old motorhome and even hook up to electric, as it was November and fairly chilly. The next day Lee was more than helpful and after the necessary paperwork got me quickly back on the road home and even checked the weather to see which route home would avoid an incoming snow storm. He is the ultimate salesperson and Steinbring the ultimate dealer. I still get a calendar from them every year which means even though you are a long past sale you are not forgotten. I wouldn't deal with anyone else!
19481955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:23 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Can’t beleive the salesman...and he is 83 years old, would do this for us. Says a lot about the dealership. Steinbring out of Garfield, MN. Pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Lee. I talked to him once and he is a really cool guy. I would love to buy a coach from him.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:10 AM   #10

We have bought two coaches from Lee and his son, knew immediately this was Steinbring but not surprised at all in the story.
Breezy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer