Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #1

Under sink details on 2019 models

I know that under the sink comes with 2 slide outs. Has anybody done anything different. Do you plan to? Anyone have any dimensions for the total available space without the slider space? Depth x width x height

I forgot to measure last time I was at the dealers 3 hrs away.

Thanks
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2018, 08:24 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
I know that under the sink comes with 2 slide outs. Has anybody done anything different. Do you plan to? Anyone have any dimensions for the total available space without the slider space? Depth x width x height

I forgot to measure last time I was at the dealers 3 hrs away.

Thanks

What model are you seeking information on?
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
What model are you seeking information on?
Oops 4369.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:12 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The second day we had the coach, I tore out those slide out drawers. On the 4018, that floor space is approximately 24" x 24". On our previous DS, we had one large slide out drawer under the sink. This is where we kept our pots, pans and large bowls.

The new design, has one long thin drawer that I couldn't figure any use for and one double trash can tray. The trash can is so small, it would need dumping every day. There is a also a block with three slots for storing your sink covers.

First off, on this and our last coach, I found the sink covers fit perfectly under the slide out drawer above the sink. We don't use ours, so I leave them stored there. Under the sink I slid out the two drawers and then unscrewed the floor, about 6 screws. Unfortunately, Newmar stapled the heck out of wood block and short walls used for supporting the slides (guides for the drawers). Removing them did some damage to the wood floor board (it's particle board with paper skin), chipping some spots. For the time being (deadline for our first trip), I just reinstalled the floor and carpeted it. I kept the slides and will build a new drawer, like our last one, that is full size. If Newmar isn't too crazily priced, I may let them build it, so the wood matches.

I still dislike where they located the kitchen switches. They were on the wall behind the sofa on our 2014 and then got moved to the end of the counter, next to the sofa on the 2019's. You still have to walk to the end of the counter to turn the water pump or sink lights on. While we were in Nappanee last month, I bought an extra switch set. While I had the area under the sink gutted, I realized that I had a clear shot to phish wire around the back of the kitchen lower cabinets to the switch on the end of the counter. Newmar installs and sells all their switches with a second set of wires attached, so you can plug one into another. This really made life simple. I phished three wires over to the one switch and simply plugged the two switches together.

It took me about 20 minutes to drill four holes and sabre saw between them to create the opening in the cabinet for the new switch. On my 2014 DS, I installed that switch on the left side of the sink cabinet as you stand at the sink, just to the right of the center drawer that's under the cooktop. I know "Stuart W" mounted it on the front of his cabinet, just to the right of the sink, in his 4369, but in the 4018, I found my fat belly dragged across it when trying to enter the half bath when the slides were closed.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote