Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2015, 10:24 AM   #1

Unused red tipped HDMI cord

In trying to locate the power for my Trav'ler dish in the A/V cabinet I ran into an unused (or at least not connected to anything) HDMI cord with a red tip on it. I called the dealer's tech who did the installation of my Directv receiver up there but he didn't know what it was for even though he had seen it.
I haven't dug around up there any more for fear I'd pull something loose so was wondering if any of you who have completely redone your overhead cabinet had seen this same cord, and what it might be.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2015, 10:31 AM   #2

On ours the red tipped HDMI cord is plugged into the DVD player and the plain HDMI cord is plugged into our Dish satellite reciever.

Bill
OC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #3

Nor'easters Club
I have one of these too. Also baffled by it's presence.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:15 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I believe that HDMI cable is run down to the basement and terminated in what Newmar illustrates on their drawing as a "prep plate" for customer connections if you haven't purchased the exterior entertainment option. That's the only thing I can think it could be.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:12 PM   #5

Thanks Scott. A person would think Newmar would either put some kind of cap or a tag on it so all us newbies wouldn't think something had pulled loose somewhere and be waiting for the unknown to happen.

All these HDMI cables and connections are causing me enough concern as it is since HDMI technology is new to me and way over my head. All I've ever know or used has been the screw-on cables, both at home and in my old 2004 coach.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:40 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Have you read through the links in PDR Johns mod section in QT's # 3 on the HDMI INFORMATION he covers it pretty well and has rearranged items in the cabinet.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:42 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";2662064]Have you read through the links in PDR Johns mod section in [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/newmar-quick-tips-and-easy-mods-3-a-113631.html
QT's # 3[/URL][/B] on the HDMI INFORMATION he covers it pretty well and has rearranged items in the cabinet.
Quite a few changes between the 2013 and 2015 model years 007. They are doing all they can to continually challenge us with this technology!
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:31 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
SWag, Yes I know waiting for them to upgrade the COM_NET links so I can post some of the changes.
In years past, many, we use to challenge them I think they went out a hired some audio engineers.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote