Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2021, 12:18 PM   #1

Using a cable box

Hi,

I am at an RV park that requires a cable box to view cable tv. I just got off the phone with Newmar customer service and I was told that the only way to use a cable box on our coach was to run a coax cable through a window into the coach to the tv.

I was wondering if someone else had solved this problem?

Thank you for any replies.

Gary
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2021, 12:54 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I've run into that only once over the last 20 years. It was just easier to run the cable into a window, then to make a bunch of changes. If you plan on camping there often, you could probably run a separate cable just for that use. I think running it through Newmar's cable connection has too many junctions to work with the box.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 06:05 AM   #3

Interesting. In my home, I have a cable and a splitter feeding both a cable tv box and a cable modem for internet service. Have you tried a cable box? I’ve heard that you need a separate line for sat though.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 06:12 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not many options. One is to have the cable box outside the window and plug your cable connection into it. But you would have to aim the remote control out the window to change channels. :-D

Or you can run it through the window.

When I ordered my Ventana, I had a conduit run from the electrical bay ( where the cable connection is) to the cabinet over the drivers seat where the tv connections are. I then pulled a cable through and that allows me to run the cable connection to that cabinet and have the cable box in there. Basically it saves me from having a cable through the window…
richpatty is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable