Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #1
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Using a JWGJW Foam Cannon with a Ryobi 14162

Has anyone used a JWGJW Foam Cannon with a Ryobi 1,600-PSI Model 141612 electric pressure washer. I ordered a JWGJW and am wondering if I will need an adapter (or will need to change fittings) in order to connect it to the hose from the Ryobi. I won't have the foam cannon in hand until Wednesday and would like to be prepared for whatever I need to do to get it to work with the Ryobi unit.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM   #2

Washer

Hi TJ there was an adapter that threads into the foam canon typically that attaches to the washer gun. I have a karcher washer and I was able to get the adapter on Autogeek. I am not familiar with the ryobi washer. Does it have a threaded intake like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CD85DF4B-DE8E-425A-967A-7238371A099D.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	253410  
sheridany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:15 PM   #3

Two options you are going to have:

1. Use the short JWGJW gun in place of the Ryobi, and then it's a matter of whether they have the same thread size/pattern to where you can attach the JWGJW directly to the Ryobi hose without an adapter. -- I believe they both use M22 fittings, so I think this will be possible without an adapter.

2. Use the Ryobi gun/wand and attach the foam bottle/nozzle of the JWGJW to the Ryobi wand. The JWGJW appears to use a 1/4" quick connect fitting and the Ryobi also appears to use 1/4" quick connect fittings. So, assuming it's the same form factor 1/4", which it probably is, again, you will likely be able to go this route as well without an adapter.

Personally, I would probably go with option 2, which gives more reach for both applying foam to the upper reaches of the coach as well as when you are using the Ryobi to rinse (assuming you do so).
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:35 PM   #4
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Two options you are going to have:

1. Use the short JWGJW gun in place of the Ryobi, and then it's a matter of whether they have the same thread size/pattern to where you can attach the JWGJW directly to the Ryobi hose without an adapter. -- I believe they both use M22 fittings, so I think this will be possible without an adapter.

2. Use the Ryobi gun/wand and attach the foam bottle/nozzle of the JWGJW to the Ryobi wand. The JWGJW appears to use a 1/4" quick connect fitting and the Ryobi also appears to use 1/4" quick connect fittings. So, assuming it's the same form factor 1/4", which it probably is, again, you will likely be able to go this route as well without an adapter.

Personally, I would probably go with option 2, which gives more reach for both applying foam to the upper reaches of the coach as well as when you are using the Ryobi to rinse (assuming you do so).
Thanks for that info. I like Option 2 as well, though Option 1 has its merits too. If the fittings on the Ryobi and the JWGJW are the same, that would be a real bonus and would provide a lot of flexibility.

TJ
Old 07-15-2019, 09:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
Thanks for that info. I like Option 2 as well, though Option 1 has its merits too. If the fittings on the Ryobi and the JWGJW are the same, that would be a real bonus and would provide a lot of flexibility.

TJ
Yes, especially since the JWGJW comes with it's own set of fan nozzles, so is meant as a short replacement for original wands. Hopefully the thread size is the same and you can go either route.

The foam cannon i bought a couple years ago, didn't come with a gun/trigger assembly, and instead the only option is to attach to the end of the wand. I think for a car, the shorter makeup of the JWGJW replacing the standard power washer trigger/wand would be better.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:23 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
TJ,

I took a look at your pressure washer and of course I have the foam canon. As mentioned but I want to clarify for you, the trigger part of the foam canon I don't use. It's connected to the foam canon via a quick disconnect which typically goes right on the end of a wand on standard pressure washers which allow you to change tips. On my AR630 Pressure Washer I actually replaced the hose and wand to one from Lowes that has the proper quick connect at the end of the wand and it also gave me more flexibility in adding a 50ft hose as my pressure washer is quite powerful. It's all a game of what wand, hose, fittings you use. It's a bit of a puzzle but when you have all parts in hand it will make more sense.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:53 AM   #7
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
TJ,

I took a look at your pressure washer and of course I have the foam canon. As mentioned but I want to clarify for you, the trigger part of the foam canon I don't use. It's connected to the foam canon via a quick disconnect which typically goes right on the end of a wand on standard pressure washers which allow you to change tips. On my AR630 Pressure Washer I actually replaced the hose and wand to one from Lowes that has the proper quick connect at the end of the wand and it also gave me more flexibility in adding a 50ft hose as my pressure washer is quite powerful. It's all a game of what wand, hose, fittings you use. It's a bit of a puzzle but when you have all parts in hand it will make more sense.
Ahaaaa...now I'm beginning to understand. Thanks for the clarification. Maybe I should have just bought one of the units without the trigger.

All the parts will be in hand and I can figure out how to mix-and-match the pieces to my satisfaction. I was thinking that having the bottle out near the end of the wand would make it too nose-heavy, but maybe not.

TJ
Old 07-16-2019, 09:38 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I would imagine a garden hose connection could be an alternate use such as when washing cars/toads. I have a separate one that I use for cars via garden hose. Garden hose supply doesn't work as well but it's better than dipping a wash rag in a bucket, I much prefer foam canons now that I'm familiar with them. Soap application is far superior as you'll find out.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I got mine the other day (Adams Foam Cannon) and it came with a quick connect (like air hose fitting) that plugged right into the pressure washer handle on my Greenworks pressure washer. The Greenworks handle is about 18" so the Adams cannon is a little heavy on the end, since it's made of brass, but should work.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #10
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good news! Not only did Amazon Prime come through a day early with the JWGJW Foam Cannon, but the connections on both ends are the same as those on the Ryobi 1600 PSI pressure washer (M22 threaded and 10MM quick disconnect). That will make mix-and-match of components between the two units easy.

Now, to get busy and try things out. Unfortunately, some pressing yard stuff will delay that until at least tomorrow.

TJ
Old 07-16-2019, 02:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Good news! Not only did Amazon Prime come through a day early with the JWGJW Foam Cannon, but the connections on both ends are the same as those on the Ryobi 1600 PSI pressure washer (M22 threaded and 10MM quick disconnect). That will make mix-and-match of components between the two units easy.

Now, to get busy and try things out. Unfortunately, some pressing yard stuff will delay that until at least tomorrow.

TJ
Great, I was hoping that was going to be the case for you. That gives you lots of options. I'll be interested to hear your experience once you put it to use.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:52 PM   #12

tank

Quote:

TJ
TJ, In the spirit of spending your money for you, you will also want a deionizer tank to rinse the coach after the soap rinse. Drying the coach is a beast unless you have the deionizer and saves a lot of time with no spots. There are many good options depending on your budget. And you can also use it wash the windows of your house so double benefit.
2017 Prevost Marathon #1250
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk w/AF1 and Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow System
Orinda, CA
sheridany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:59 PM   #13
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridany View Post
TJ, In the spirit of spending your money for you, you will also want a deionizer tank to rinse the coach after the soap rinse. Drying the coach is a beast unless you have the deionizer and saves a lot of time with no spots. There are many good options depending on your budget. And you can also use it wash the windows of your house so double benefit.
Maybe I can use the "wash the windows of the house" argument on the "Chancelor of the Exchequer" to justify the cost." That's a two-edged sword, however, since I would also have to do the window washing.

We do have access now to very soft water (whole-house system) adjacent to the coach, but I realize that is not "deionized" water. We'll see.

TJ