Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2022, 04:36 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchstar411 View Post
I do use hot water to rinse my Black Water Tank, but I also use a bit of caution, just in case the water is TOO HOT for the Spinner within the tank itself. I changed out the Check Valve in the mid bath with a Sharkbite one way check valve to prevent any leak from the plastic check valve, just in case as well. And I also vary the water temp by mixing a bit of cold with the hot on and off, never a full blast of hot water all the time.
nice mod on the check valve... so you have the part number for the Sharkbite check valve??
HAM - K5OJT - Yaesu 991A
GUS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2022, 05:43 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS2000 View Post
nice mod on the check valve... so you have the part number for the Sharkbite check valve??
Here you go...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 10:10 AM   #31

For anyone who does not understand the purpose of the vacuum breaker. When you rinse the black tank the proper way is to hook a short hose such as a washing machine hose to the rinse inet and then hook a supply hose to that short hose. Rinse the tank however long you desire, then shut the water off, unhook the short hose from the supply line and let it drain on the ground. The vacuum breaker allows the supply side to drain out on the ground and the tank side of the rinse hose to drain into the black tank. This makes sure there can be no cross contamination of the fresh water supply. To circumvent this process in any way is chancing contamination of not only your fresh water supply but everyone else's too. Not a game I would play.
puller45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 07:24 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
For anyone that doesn't understand the purpose of a One Way Check Valve verses a Vacuum Breaker Valve:

One way check valve only allows water to flow BACK INTO the black tank, no water comes back to the supply hose.

A Vacuum Valve allows water to flow back into the black tank and also BACK INTO the water supply.
That's why Newmar has a ONE WAY check valve at the supply inlet.

Only down side to installing a One way check valve is for winterizing. But normally you still feed into the flush line anyway with your winterizing fluid.
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 08:12 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Nothing like hot steaming waste flowing down the drain.

I have never flushed my black tank, don't have a flusher, but I also never entered my black tank, so I don't feel the need to flush it.
Best answer following the kiss principle.

I only drain my tanks when they have a lot of water in them. First the black and then the grey water flushes the hose.

Tags
black tank, hot water, tank, water