Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2023, 04:04 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Valid Air Leveling Adjust Every 2 Hours

Have Valid Air Leveling. Really like it. If you have it, please advise if you observe the same thing.

After auto leveling, the system wakes up every two hours to check level. Is it simply electronic and if it finds level, goes back to sleep without turning on the compressor or releasing air?

Reason I ask, when we are in the desert where there is direct sun and large daily temperature swings, I hear the compressor or air bags do their thing quite often. We are now in North Carolina where it has been mild and cloudy. I have not heard anything. The coach has remained perfectly level, so it is not like there is a problem, just trying to learn about the system.
righellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2023, 05:07 PM   #2

I have it on our 2022 London Aire and ours does the same thing. Waking occasionally, adjusting and going back to sleep.
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 10:43 PM   #3

Same with mine. It will wake and the compressor runs for a brief second then shuts down if all is good. I'm not sure if the system is looking at the level of the coach causing the compressor to run or if it is looking at the tanks PSI that calls for the compressor to run, logic tells me its PSI.
sramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 04:07 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sramer View Post
Same with mine. It will wake and the compressor runs for a brief second then shuts down if all is good. I'm not sure if the system is looking at the level of the coach causing the compressor to run or if it is looking at the tanks PSI that calls for the compressor to run, logic tells me its PSI.
The nuance I am wondering is if no adjustment is needed, does the compressor not come on?
Old 05-29-2023, 07:36 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
From a five year old irv2 discussion:

"The system once set, will wake itself up every 2 hours to check for level. If needed, the aux air pump will come on and recharge the bags."
Old 05-30-2023, 08:47 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had the Valid Air Leveling on my Beaver and really miss it! Get the manual from Valid. You wouldn’t believe how many things you can customize on the Valid system. I changed the ‘wake up’ interval from 2 hours to 8 hours and reset zero. All of the customization is done on the keypad. A little cumbersome because there are so many options but it’s doable.

And it’s normal for the compressor to kick on in the early morning when the temps cool. My Beaver held the air pretty well and did not make much of a correction (if any) so my compressor only cycled one or twice a day.
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 03:16 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankcj View Post
I had the Valid Air Leveling on my Beaver and really miss it! Get the manual from Valid. You wouldn’t believe how many things you can customize on the Valid system. I changed the ‘wake up’ interval from 2 hours to 8 hours and reset zero. All of the customization is done on the keypad. A little cumbersome because there are so many options but it’s doable.

And it’s normal for the compressor to kick on in the early morning when the temps cool. My Beaver held the air pretty well and did not make much of a correction (if any) so my compressor only cycled one or twice a day.
It is great. On mine the two hours is fixed. I asked cause the manual implied it was adjustable, but their tech support said no. Our system uses the steering column controls and is illustrated on the dashboard (video screen). Once you get used to how the controls work, it is great. Prior owner set level zero horribly. We set level zero to dead level and it is my preferred leveling approach when not on a hard surface.
Old 05-31-2023, 06:03 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yours is definitely a newer version than mine. On mine, the air compressor was independent of the leveling system in that the pressure switch controlled the cycling of the compressor. Once the pressure in the aux air tank (very small - maybe a gallon) dropped below 95 psi, the compressor came on and shut off when it reached 135.
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, leveling