RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2020, 12:00 AM   #1

Valve to close flow to hot water outlet in 2019 Dutch Star 4018

I have a 2019 Dutch Star 4018 and am planning to go into cold weather in Colorado at the end of next month. I read where you will need to get the water out of the hot water faucet in the generator area. I have tired to trace the water line backwards from the generator. It goes towards the passenger side under the coach floor. Looking from the driver's side in the pull through slide compartment. I see two water lines one with a closure valve and the other goes forward o the passenger side but has not valve to close.

There is a valve on the tee in the generator compartment that runs to the ground that has a closed valve. This one keeps running water out when opened with the water pump off.

Can you please guide me to do the correct procedure?
mahdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2020, 01:45 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
On my coach it is located in the bay just in front of the Oasis unit on the drivers side. A small, black inline valve similar to the one in the generator compartment
Old 10-29-2020, 12:20 PM   #3

I've had two 2018 floor plans, DS and now a MA. When we are in cold weather there are two water lines I address. The hot water line in the generator compartment you are asking about and the water line for the frig that runs outside under the full wall slide. I attach an air compressor to the water hose and apply 20 psi. Run the water dispenser on the frig door until nothing but air comes out. Then do the same thing with the hot water faucet in the generator compartment. Be careful that the OASIS burner, AC1 and AC2 are all OFF when you blow out this line because you are going to empty the hot water supply within OASIS. Once both of these line are clear, turn off the black shut off valve for each line. They are located together up along the frame rails in the pass through bay just behind the house battery bay. Now run the hot water faucets in the kitchen and baths to refill the hot water lines running through OASIS.

The water line for the frig is wrapped with an electric heating tape. This is activated by a control module located in the house battery compartment. It has a red light (off) and a green light (on) and is suppose to turn on when the temperature gets below 32 degrees. I have checked this in freezing temperatures and it did not come on. I since moved the module to up under the hood in more open air and it seems to work better there. Still don't trust it. We don't use the water in the door of the frig anyway.
cti2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:55 PM   #4

Thank you 4B77 cti 2000 for your input. Very much appreciated. I shall go look at them tomorrow. I wonder if I can turn the valve next to the Oasis off and open the faucet and the valve below it to drain the water out of the lines. Or do you think I need to blow the lines with air also? I do not have a regulator on my pressure pump and no connector into the water system.
cti 2000 what do you use to blow the water out at 20 psi?
Old 10-30-2020, 07:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahdi View Post
I wonder if I can turn the valve next to the Oasis off and open the faucet and the valve below it to drain the water out of the lines. Or do you think I need to blow the lines with air also? I do not have a regulator on my pressure pump and no connector into the water system.
cti 2000 what do you use to blow the water out at 20 psi?

You can just turn off the shutoff valve and open the faucet and or the valve below the faucet to drain the line. But on my coach the faucet is higher than the shutoff valve so the water does not drain out on its own. Yours may work OK?
To add compressed air for blow out a made a plug for the fresh water house. Its just made a 3/4" PVC plug with an air coupler screwed into it. My compressor has an air regulator on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	306500  
cti2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:59 PM   #6

Thank you. I tried it today and looks like it worked ok. I shall get a connection for the air compressor too.

Tags
dutch star, hot water, valve, water