Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ventana 3407 Plumbing Diagram

2019 - 3407 Owners - Coach on order.

But I have been reading an advanced copy of the owners manual, and was wondering if the fresh water system goes through the provided water filter prior to going through the "auto fill valve"?

If it does, then I won't need an external filter, like I do now. If it does not, then will need an external filter. Why? The particulate matter in many water systems will foul the seals/gaskets of the autofill valve, and it will need to be removed and cleaned or replaced.

My current coach has this feature and it got fouled because I did not pre-filter the water. That job (parts) was expensive the valve costs 117.00 and the new water pump (hoked up the valves backwards-very tight area to work in, could not see well) so that was another 300 bucks. Having the one line diagram will help me to learn it's quirks. Thank you in advance.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2019, 12:02 PM   #2

Water goes through the filter before it gets to the selector valve so you don't need an external filter.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:34 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:11 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Open this for another question. The 3407 has most of the heavy things on the drivers side, i.e., big slide, residential refer, 8 house batteries, oasis, does this seem to make the coach heavy on that side when leveling? Have you (owners only) noticed a problem driving or leveling this coach?

Thank you in advance.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #5

The factory will weigh all 4 corners to check that they are close from side to side. You can ask Customer Service for these numbers when available. When loaded up you should get all 4 corners weighed again in case you have added items that upset that balance.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing, vent, ventana