Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2017, 11:22 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ventana 4369 Table/Desk Options

We are buying a 2018 Ventana 4369 and are trying to decide between the Combination desk with buffet table and the Combination desk/dinette with freestanding table. Worried about the legs getting in the way with the freestanding table and not being able to easily fit the chairs underneath. The advantage would be that we could move the table around as needed. The alternative would be the other table with no legs but that one is fixed. Appreciate any feedback from those that have had the tables.

FYI the Eurobooth is not an option for us as I have to still work full time and need the buffet for the computer/printer, etc.

Also we looked at a 2017 Ventana and the chairs were extremely uncomfortable. We have heard that they redesigned the chairs for 2018. Anyone have a 2018 yet to confirm if the chairs are more comfortable.

Thanks,
Dan
dxg0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a 4369 on order and went with the freestanding table. You are correct about the legs being in the way; however, we like to have friends over and felt that the free standing option would give us more options for eating and playing games with our friends. I guess it all comes down to how you plan to use your table.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:14 PM   #3

Dinette and chairs

We custom ordered our coach and one of the specials was to substitute the standard Ventana chairs for the Mountain Aire dinette chairs and had them covered in the same leather as the couch and recliners. The Mountain Aire chairs have a wood ladder back instead of upholstered (in 2016). I can't speak to the 2018 versions, but wanted to let you know you can ask for chairs from different models.

We have the table with no legs (K128 - Combo dinette with buffet table). We can sit under it while the slides are in (having lunch at a rest stop) and it slides out to about twice the size when we are parked and we can fit 4 chairs around it (although it is a little tight with 4).

We usually sit at that table with our PC and it is quite comfortable (again with the Mountain Aire chairs).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27716456905_e32d4d1b51_z.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	173442  
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:25 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2017 Ventana with the slide out table (no legs under it). I run a software biz so I have an iMac 27 I take along that goes on the table, a MacBook Pro that's in the keyboard drawer, and a color laser printer on the dinette top where the shelves are. Works great. The chairs are painful because the cushions are worthless so you feel the wooden frame under it and it cuts off my circulation. I keep one in the coach, the other I replaced with a Herman Miller Aeron just like I use in the office and home office. It's just me and my dog so it's a simpler situation than most.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:21 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Get the buffet with roll top table, has room for 4 chairs and 'disappears' when not it use. We took a chance on this option and have been thankful ever since.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:06 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Get the buffet with roll top table, has room for 4 chairs and 'disappears' when not it use. We took a chance on this option and have been thankful ever since.
Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1161.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	173898   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1162.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	381.7 KB
ID:	173899  

Name:	IMG_1163.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	173900   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1164.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	173901  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:40 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Here are some pics

I work 50% of the time in the rv and I have the roll top table also. It provides me with a lot of flexibility depending on my requirements: Feed all three dogs when the slides are in - push the table all the way in; conference call where I need my laptop when the slides are in - pull the table halfway out; full work mode with two side by side monitors and printer when the slides are out - extend the table to its full length.
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:17 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is my desk/office setup.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3841.png
Views:	118
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	174055  
Old 08-23-2017, 07:02 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Here is my desk/office setup.
Thanks for the picture. How is the carpet holding up with the chair rollers?
dxg0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:02 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
My coach is new so really can't give you historic info. There isn't much room to roll it so I don't think it's going to be a concern. I did put a corner guard behind it as I have dinged up a few areas and on the below kitchen doors before I got the bungee system down.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:12 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
How do you secure the desk/buffet chairs when you are in motion?
Old 11-09-2017, 10:18 AM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We had the slide out table in our '02 DSDP. The chairs didn't move very much if any. Have basically the same in the CC and same thing, chairs move very little even on the plastic covering the dealer put on to protect the carpet while on the lot. Yep, had the rig 2½ years and haven't removed it yet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6999 (11).jpg
Views:	93
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	182429  
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:31 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodosgood View Post
We custom ordered our coach and one of the specials was to substitute the standard Ventana chairs for the Mountain Aire dinette chairs and had them covered in the same leather as the couch and recliners. The Mountain Aire chairs have a wood ladder back instead of upholstered (in 2016). I can't speak to the 2018 versions, but wanted to let you know you can ask for chairs from different models.

We have the table with no legs (K128 - Combo dinette with buffet table). We can sit under it while the slides are in (having lunch at a rest stop) and it slides out to about twice the size when we are parked and we can fit 4 chairs around it (although it is a little tight with 4).

We usually sit at that table with our PC and it is quite comfortable (again with the Mountain Aire chairs).
we did the exact same thing (chairs from a MA covered in the matching leather) on our 2018 DS order, like the look of the wood back, they seem less massive.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:49 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I definitely did not like the chairs that came with my VTDP, no support in the cushion so you feel the wood frame of the seat which cuts off circulation. I secured my Harman Miller Aeron with a bunji while traveling but decided to try some other dining type chairs that have better seat cushions, I went with these from Amazon and finally did a 5 day camping trip and they were much better. Not as good as the Aeron but it served the purpose and I'll continue to use these and see how it works out.

Tags
led, vent, ventana