Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2014, 09:19 AM   #1

Ventana 4369 vs. 4381

We have been planning our Newmar purchase for the past year as we approach retirement. We are building a retirement condo on the Guadalupe river in the Texas Hill Country and plan to split our time between the condo and the RV with probably 2-3 months stretch in the RV.

We had been looking for the non-existent used Dutchstar in the 2010-12 vintage, but really not much on the market that meets our needs.

Planning on ordering a new 2015 Ventana as I believe most of the more recent DS features are present in the Ventana. I have been intrigued with the new 4381 mid-bath floorplan, but my DW is still liking the 4369 (so it probably wins).

We have a new Newmar dealer here in Kansas City that just started getting the 2015 models in and we saw the 4369 yesterday close up. Still have not been able to tour the 4381. The dealer just received five 2015 Newmars the day we were there so hopefully we can see a 4381 soon. They also had the new printed 2015 brochures that just arrived!

The floorplans are basically the same except the 4381 has the mid-bath vs, the rear bath in the 4369. I realize the 4369 is one of the most popular floorplans and is available in both the Ventana and Dutchstar.

Things I like about the 4381 would include 4 slides without the full wall slide (worries me even though I know there are a lot out there). The full wall also severally limits access to the storage bays on the drivers side. The 4381 also has the dining on the passenger side where the large 21' awning resides.

What other differences would you consider significant between these two models?

We are going all electric with the induction cooktop. We want to get the new power incline bed as this is what we have at the house and really like them. I was going to check on a memory foam mattress over the Sleep Number (again what we use at the house).

What other non-listed "special features" should we be considering?
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #2

Upgrade the microwave, if you do any cooking you'll be happy.

The small kitchen window makes a big difference.

The 2015 Ventana 4369 is almost exactly our 2013 Dutch Star.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We got the window awnings, high def wiring, pull thru storage trays, electric/remote controlled awnings with wind sensors, a couch instead of the bar with stools, wine guard roof mounted satellite, outside Tv and we did go all electric and love that part. We really enjoy the Maytag fridge, really nice. The washer and dryer are great as well. With the 4369 model the space in the rear bath is nice, very nice. The openness in the full wall slide and that rear bath area are what sold us.

We do have the full wall slide however storage bay access has not been a problem for us. I am just not in and out of that side enough to be a negative item. About the only option we did not get was the TV above the dash. They are now going with a Whirlpool convection oven but, we did upgrade that option for the GE Advantium. Like PDRJohn stated it would be a good upgrade, I also recommend it.

We did the king bed with a pillow top mattress so can't comment on anything there. I also recommend the 3 ac's with heat pumps and automatic generator start/energy management sys. You can now get frameless windows so you may want to consider that. Finally, the one piece fiberglass roof with polar PAC insulation is a great option, we did that as well. Not only does this provide you a maintenance free roof, the added insulation makes it quiet when raining not to mention the Rvalue addition.

We have been in our new 4369 Ventana since April and just love it. It is a great coach in every way.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #4

X2 what KenNJ says except we did not upgrade micro. We do have the sleep number but not impressed since I sleep on a inclining Tempur Pedic in S&B. We are very happy with our 4369.

Are you getting one of the condo's at Rio Raft? We came very close to purchasing one during phase 1. I enjoy winter fly fishing on the Guadalupe and usually stay at Rio or Lazy L&L.

Good luck in your search.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #5

Ventana 4369 vs. 4381

Yes osok, we are buying in River Guadalupe Resort (aka River Raft).

The new building 2 is under construction and we bought a 2nd floor unit. We think the condo is perfect for the RV lifestyle as we have a fixed base, but can leave for months without worry. I enjoy watching the river and the ever changing scenery.

Since you are in the area, where do folks store their RV indoors climate controlled? In Kansas City we have several choices, but when I ask around San Antonio, they look at me like why would you want to do that. Covered space is all I have found so far.

As far as the bed, we have the TempurPedic as well and would like to have the memory foam in the RV.

Thanks for all the input. Checking the boxes on the order form.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:57 AM   #6

Indoor RV space is hard to come by in Texas and when you do find a place it is normal that they can only fit less than 40' coaches. The only place I know of is where I purchased my Ventana and that is https://www.nirvc.com/storage.aspx. They are in the Dallas area so not close like you are looking for. Ask for Larry Erickson who was my salesman. I do not get a kickback.

For us we like the bath in the rear because it is out of the way and we do not have to pass through it when using all the coach. Also the half bath is good with the GD as she does not need to disturb us at night or us disturb her when using facilities.

Know you will very much enjoy the condo location.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenNJ View Post
They are now going with a Whirlpool convection oven but, we did upgrade that option for the GE Advantium. Like PDRJohn stated it would be a good upgrade, I also recommend it.
milkman, if you check with Newmar on the GE Advantium, I'd love to know what they tell you. I was told via email that the GE Advantium is not available on the 2015 Ventana. This must be a change from 2014.

Tags
vent