Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2021, 07:21 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Since you’ve had a coach previously this may not apply, have you purchased jack pads? We bought Big Foot 18” x 18” x 1 1/2”.
Each rated at 40k Lbs. Love them for all surfaces.

Does the new bus have the RV Sanicon system? If it does consider adding an expandable Attachment 348002Attachment 348003Attachment 348004Attachment 348005Attachment 348006PTFE sleeve over the hose. This will help protect the hose from rocks getting stuck in the pleats when the hose contracts when the pump is turned off. I also added Banjo style fitting to the ends and an extra length of hose to use as an extension.
All very good. One more improvement over the end connection that looks like a phone receiver. You will get to camp grounds where that will not fit or attach to the 4" hole in the ground. Here is an eazy device that comes apart and then you can screw the fitting into the 4" at the campgrounds and then snap everything together. Everything is on line or at Home Depot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Improved sewer hose connection for Sanicon3.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	464.1 KB
ID:	348010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Parts for improved sewer hose connection for Sanicon.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	590.8 KB
ID:	348011  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Improved sewer hose connection for Sanicon1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	372.9 KB
ID:	348012  
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2021, 06:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_J View Post
Good news!! The Ventana is fixed and it’s made the 450 km trip from Windsor to the dealer! I have photographic proof! Still a chance I might have it in my hands before the snow flies!

Very excited!!
What a nice coach, Congratulations! Did you buy in Ontario?
GonetoRaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:11 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Yes. Purchased in Ontario. Been very happy with Newmar’s dealer here. The Hitch House.
Mighty_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_J View Post
Yes. Purchased in Ontario. Been very happy with Newmar’s dealer here. The Hitch House.
Glad to hear you were treated well.

They kind of have the monopoly in Ontario and have heard different things and not all positive so good to hear about them.
GonetoRaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 02:39 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Even better news!! I picked up the Ventana on Friday. It looks really good! After driving it the 6 hours home, I’ve got some initial observations. Remember, my only other experience was the canyon star gasser.

1) Wow is it quiet in the driver’s seat! I could actually listen to some talk radio and have a couple phone conversations over the Bluetooth system (DW checking in travel progress) without yelling!!

2) The engine brake experience is fantastic! I think I barely used the brake pedal the whole trip home.

3) Comfort drive is a pretty darned cool feature. Before I drove and experienced it, I kinda thought it was maybe some hype but man - it makes a difference!!

4) Road noise is almost zero, couldn’t feel the tar lines or expansion joints in the same jarring way as the canyon star (and the canyon star was modded with sumo springs, rear trac bar, safety plus safety steer, larger sway bars.

5) Zero porpoising. Which I found interesting given the comments on 2019 to 2021 Ventana models. Could be there isn’t enough weight in it yet and I’ve got some fun to look forward to!

6) The 360 degree camera system takes up the same screen real estate as the navigation system, so it’s a one or the other on the display thing.

7) Navigation system - time will tell. It did want to take me on a few questionable roads even though I had entered size and weight numbers. So, we’ll see.

8) Overall fit and finish is pretty good! It’s a pretty small punch list for when it goes in the spring for warranty service. A couple screws, one bent cupboard door lift. Nothing outrageous.

9) The headlights suck. No other way around it. The high beams work okay, but the low beams don’t do much more than make me visible to oncoming traffic. That’s easily remedied with some LED bulbs. I sense Santa may bring some for Christmas.

10) Lining up the fuel door for filling is a breeze!

11) I’m not getting a lot of body leaning when exiting parking lots - I’m imagining the tag axle is assisting there.

Overall, very impressed! Looking forward to knocking off some of the mods and suggestions people have made here
Old 11-15-2021, 04:28 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats. Great report. Glad to see someone with a lot of positives to post.

Time to update your signature line.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 05:57 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVStitchy View Post
Congrats. Great report. Glad to see someone with a lot of positives to post.

Time to update your signature line.
I was so excited I forgot!! Good catch!! Done!

Tags
fuel leak, projects, ventana