Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2021, 09:45 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ventana Delivery On Hold, out of projects!

Well, after spending the last year taking trips in our 2020 Canyon Star 3722, we decided to upgrade! The freedom and lifestyle just fits. Our dealer had a Ventana 4334 on a Spartan Chassis coming in, so we bit the bullet, traded in the Canyon Star and were expecting to take possession in September. We’ve spent countless hours watching NIRVC and Angie’s detailed hour and a half walk-through of the exact same model (other than the chassis).

In the meantime, I’ve taken my CDL, gotten my air brake endorsement (Class DZ in Ontario Canada lingo). I’m completely stoked and ready to go and then… no coach :(

Apparently, while transporting the coach, the driver noticed a fuel line leak after crossing into Canada. So, the coach is sitting at a truck repair depot in Windsor. Our dealership has been fantastic trying to help find parts and expedite the process, but there it sits. Leaking fuel supply line (which I believe is a recall). So, delivery has been postponed a few times. Would love to get it in my hands before the snow flies and get it all settled in to its parking pad at home.

I’m relieved they discovered the problem before I tried to drive it home from the dealership, but I’m totally bummed out with the delays as it takes some of the magic out of it. I’ve been trying to fill my time reading manuals, etc., but I can’t actually get Spartan to send me the chassis owners guide until I take delivery. I think I’ve watched every video online and read the Newmar manual cover to cover and now I’ve run out of things to do while I wait. (I’ve built the def sensor simulator, installed my car side Air Force one system)

Can anyone think of any more projects I can do pre-coach delivery? I’m kinda out of ideas! LOL

Looking forward to that first trip, just a bit of an inauspicious start!
Mighty_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2021, 10:45 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Mighty, you might try tackling your rv travels. We bought our most recent rv in 4/21. My wife says that i wasn't that busy when I was working.
krpowers54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 08:24 AM   #3

I am in a similar holding pattern but due to parts delay.

If you havenít already, you might want to update your checklists specific to your Ventana.

Good luck, it will happen. Plus you are saving a few $$ in the meantime from not camping.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:46 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Make more lists......
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:09 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the replies so far! I’m not allowed to plan destinations (that’s the sole accountability of the DW). LOL. I’m logistics and route planning. So, I guess I’ll get on that!
Old 10-20-2021, 09:57 AM   #6

Haha Sounds very familiar. The logistics are huge, but I alway enjoyed that part of my work detail. The lists continue!
Old 10-20-2021, 03:45 PM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_J View Post
Well, after spending the last year taking trips in our 2020 Canyon Star 3722, we decided to upgrade! The freedom and lifestyle just fits. Our dealer had a Ventana 4334 on a Spartan Chassis coming in, so we bit the bullet, traded in the Canyon Star and were expecting to take possession in September. Weíve spent countless hours watching NIRVC and Angieís detailed hour and a half walk-through of the exact same model (other than the chassis).

In the meantime, Iíve taken my CDL, gotten my air brake endorsement (Class DZ in Ontario Canada lingo). Iím completely stoked and ready to go and thenÖ no coach :(

Apparently, while transporting the coach, the driver noticed a fuel line leak after crossing into Canada. So, the coach is sitting at a truck repair depot in Windsor. Our dealership has been fantastic trying to help find parts and expedite the process, but there it sits. Leaking fuel supply line (which I believe is a recall). So, delivery has been postponed a few times. Would love to get it in my hands before the snow flies and get it all settled in to its parking pad at home.

Iím relieved they discovered the problem before I tried to drive it home from the dealership, but Iím totally bummed out with the delays as it takes some of the magic out of it. Iíve been trying to fill my time reading manuals, etc., but I canít actually get Spartan to send me the chassis owners guide until I take delivery. I think Iíve watched every video online and read the Newmar manual cover to cover and now Iíve run out of things to do while I wait. (Iíve built the def sensor simulator, installed my car side Air Force one system)

Can anyone think of any more projects I can do pre-coach delivery? Iím kinda out of ideas! LOL

Looking forward to that first trip, just a bit of an inauspicious start!

Hi there! Congratulations on your soon to be 🤞new Ventana! Iím flattered that you have found my videos helpful! I hope you are able to get on the road as soon as possible!

If you ever stop by one of our NIRVC locations Iíd love to meet you!

Angie
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
214-392-1100
Angie Morell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 06:25 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Good News!

Good news!! The Ventana is fixed and itís made the 450 km trip from Windsor to the dealer! I have photographic proof! Still a chance I might have it in my hands before the snow flies!

Very excited!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23AAAE5E-6298-40BE-BBA2-65A16DAB62C5.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	347292  
Old 10-27-2021, 07:04 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Have you ordered......

- tire monitoring system
- spare fuel filters
- if you do your own service, a Fumoto valve for oil changes
- carpets for the entry
- a spare couple of quarts of trans fluid and oil
- Century transfer fluid for the Oasis
- assortment of interior cleaners
- tub of exterior cleaners
- outside wash towels
- outside door mat
- outside chairs
- outside table

I keep a three ring binder that I keep important documents. As an example, I took a photo of all of the fuses and their locations. If a fuse blows, I just look at the pages I printed for the fuse and then go to that panel. I have another printout of how to adjust the front shades. I laminated a copy of the chassis grease points for servicing reference. The big case they give you is fine for all the manuals, but often someone here will post how to adjust a slide with a pdf file. I print it and put it in the folder. The internet is fine for looking things up, but sometimes in a campground or on the road, you don't have internet.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:35 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
That is some solid assistance and greatly appreciated!!

- tire monitoring system - yes! (TST507)
- spare fuel filters - nope!
- if you do your own service, a Fumoto valve for oil changes - nope!
- carpets for the entry - yes!
- a spare couple of quarts of trans fluid and oil - nope!
- Century transfer fluid for the Oasis - nope!
- assortment of interior cleaners - yes!
- tub of exterior cleaners - yes!
- outside wash towels - yes!
- outside door mat - yes!
- outside chairs - yes!
- outside table - yes!

And I think your binder advice is right up my alley so Iím gonna give that a go as well!

As for the noís, Iíll get ordering tomorrow. Diesels are new to me, so all comments and advice are greatly appreciated! Iíve got 2 years to get this all down before retirement and Iím looking forward to the guidance Iíll be able to receive from this community.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:48 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I second Donís approach of saving away all of the interesting PDFs and other info that you come across. I also agree with his point that you may need the info when the internet isnít available to you.

However, Iím not as motivated as Don so I just save all the info relevant to our rig to a solid state drive we can plug into any of our computers we always have at least one onboard. Spartan gave us all the chassis docs on a Thumb drive.

I also keep a copy of my spreadsheet of maintenance and repairs on that drive. That way I know who I used for what and where they are located. I also keep any important notes (like ďnever use them againĒ).

Figure out what will work for you and stick with it. Good luck and congrats!

- Richard
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:00 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Update: pick-up of the coach is scheduled for November 12th! With any luck, I’ll get it home before it snows! In the meantime, I’ve got all the serial numbers for engine, transmission, etc now. I can get set up on the various websites like Cummins while I wait. With that and some of the helpful replies I received, I’ve now got some things to keep me busy while I count down the days. Very excited!!
Old 11-03-2021, 07:56 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Since youíve had a coach previously this may not apply, have you purchased jack pads? We bought Big Foot 18Ē x 18Ē x 1 1/2Ē.
Each rated at 40k Lbs. Love them for all surfaces.

Does the new bus have the RV Sanicon system? If it does consider adding an expandable Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	348002Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	348003Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0025.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	348004Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0026.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	348005Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3182.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	380.3 KB
ID:	348006PTFE sleeve over the hose. This will help protect the hose from rocks getting stuck in the pleats when the hose contracts when the pump is turned off. I also added Banjo style fitting to the ends and an extra length of hose to use as an extension.
Steele is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:57 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sorry about the duplicate pictures. Happens sometimes when I post from the iPad.
Steele is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel leak, projects, ventana