Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2023, 08:41 PM   #15

PS
The LEDS cost $40 for TWO.
Nadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2023, 09:15 PM   #16

Glad to hear you found a solution that works for you. The OE headlights are a joke. I’m having a set of custom LED projector headlights made, and I should have them this month. I’m looking forward to the improvement.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:29 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is a link to replacement healights designed for halogen bulbs. I haven't purchased them yet, but they are on the list. BTW, this is a Dodge Nitro design.

https://www.headlightsdepot.com/newm...1534-hlap.html
ScotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:36 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotS View Post
Here is a link to replacement healights designed for halogen bulbs. I haven't purchased them yet, but they are on the list. BTW, this is a Dodge Nitro design.

https://www.headlightsdepot.com/newm...1534-hlap.html
Im curious, why would you purchase those? They are exactly like the lights that were installed at the factory. Were your original headlights damaged?
Old 01-25-2023, 03:09 PM   #19

Whoaaa. I have a 2016 LE and one the pathetic headlights are horrid at night. I love the way that they look, but their output is almost useless. I will have to check this out!

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadge View Post
My 2016 Ventana LE 4037 has plagued me with this dim lit headlight until just recently resolved.

If you check out YouTube on how to properly change Halogen to LED bulbs you will find that you just can't arbitrarily switch them out.

The LED bulbs must conform to the same configeration and design as the Halogens so as the light produced by the bulb, will match the interior reflectors designed for the Halogen bulbs. Otherwise if the incorrect designed LED's are installed, the light reflectors will shoot light into on coming traffic or to the side of the road or up into tree line and you wont be satisfied with the results.

What I did was to look at the front of my headlight lens for a DOT number. Went on line to search for this DOT number and found out who the manufacturer is. Then I went on line to find which LED bulb is designed for my particular headlight assembly.
Newmar used a 2011 Dodge Nitro Headlight and tail light assembly on my 2016 Ventana LE 4037.
Surprise, Surprise.

Once you find the correct LED's, it's a simple matter of removing the Halogens and installing the LED"s. They are designed to switch out right out of the box. No need to drill out the back of the headlight assembly to install a different sized projection bulb base etc.

The headlights will need to be re-adjusted by following again on YouTube, how to properly adjust headlights. Vertical adjustments may only be needed to be done and possibly horizontally if the headlight assemble anchor points allow. The headlight assembly has an vertical adjustment nut which raises and lowers the bulb.

My replacement LED's work perfectly. They produce a dark line of demarcation when on low beam, so as not to scatter light where it is not needed and on high beams it lights up the road, THE WAY THEY SHOULD HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Hope this helps you with my tried and proven results.
No guessing on what you should do, this woked for me.
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 10:07 PM   #20

I also purchased replacement headlights because my plastic lenses were UV damaged and the repair lense kits only work for a year. Once I received my new headlights, I replaced the Halogens with the correct for this headlight assembly LED's.
See subsequent messages below.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:47 PM   #21

Got it. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:30 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Does anyone have contact information for the Headlight Guy?
mwhitman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:39 PM   #23

I’ll send it to you in a PM.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:43 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you
mwhitman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 08:01 PM   #25

I used partsgeek.com for my replacement "2011 Dodge Nitro" headlight assembly Newmar used on my2016 Ventana 4037 LE. $83 each plus $6 tax & free shipping.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:37 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayRunner View Post
I have a lot of experience in this topic in the truck world but have not changed any lights in my ‘22 Ventana. I try not to drive at night but the fog lights help enhance the lighting to a usable level.

As others have said, simply putting in LED bulbs in halogen housings is a big “no no”. It will not throw the lighting correctly and in case of an accident, you could be held liable. I would suggest adding or replacing the fog lights to brighter DOT approved lights such as Diode Dynamics. I have added these in several trucks in the amber color and boy do they light up the road. The ambers are easier on the eyes than white. Plus they can be aimed to create the desired cutoff line to not blind oncoming traffic. Makes a world of difference.

BTW, be mindful of the lighting laws for forward facing lights in your registered state. Statessuch as mine are very strict and specific on the type and quantity of lights you may have. Any violation (in my state) will fail inspection and possible citation while on the road.
Looked at their website. Any idea which model of their amber foglights might fit a 2018 Ventana?

3715 Ventana - 2013 CRV
JakenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 09:50 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakenJo View Post
Looked at their website. Any idea which model of their amber foglights might fit a 2018 Ventana?
I did.a little research on this but have not taken on the project of adding their fog lights ti my Ventana. From my limited research :

- Their 3” fog lights (square amber) are too big to fit through the 3.2” round hole in the cap for fog lights. They would have tj be mounted behind the cap which would limit your light output.

- Their 3” round “lamps” May work but would have to fabricate a custom mounting bracket.

- Looks like their 2” amber SAE fog pods may work. It includes a mount bracket that looks compatible with the fog light mount on the Ventana. I have not verified this but it looks like the closest option.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-c1-yellow-sae-dot-fog-standard-led-pod-pair.html
BayRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 10:23 AM   #28

PIAA sells an amber bulb that’s a direct replacement for Ventana fog light bulbs.

Tags
headlight, headlights, light, lights, vent, ventana