Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk83 View Post
Thanks Stuart. I really like the Gerard awnings. Heated floors would be nice. Have you driven a straight axle ventana or similar to compare the IFS?

I drove a 37 foot Ventana none tag, and it drove pretty nice, I feel the 43 foot Dutch Star frontend is smoother, but hard to compare the two (apples and oranges). The following is the truth and is only the facts. My dealer has not ordered tag axle Ventana’s for inventory. He sells a lot of non tag Ventana’s and tag axle Dutch Stars. So test driving a 4369 Ventana wasn’t an option. When I asked him why? He feels that they are too close in price when you load up the Ventana, and most of his customers step up to the Dutch Star. He is a top ten Newmar dealer and this model as worked for him. He has no problem special ordering a Ventana Tag.
We have two Australian Shepherds and the carpet, especially under the refrigerator and dining area was a deal breaker for my wife. She could care less about the mechanical things I previously mentioned in this thread. If Newmar had eliminated the Carpet a Ventana would have been very tempting. I have no doubt the Ventana tag is a great motorhome.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2018, 09:05 PM   #44

Quote:
I am feeling the same. Options I want but not wanting to pay that much more for em. Curious what paint scheme you went with on ventana and any options you chose?
Lagoon exterior with Winwood interior
All electric
Went with the roll top dinette
The recliner/corner TV/Fireplace in place of couch on off door side
Xite radio/Navigation (only because it was needed for 360 camera)
I opted for the Britetek roof rather than fiberglass for a variety of reasons
Spartan chassis
powered reel for water and power (one of those is now standard)

My main specials were:
King Aire grey floors
GE Advantium
Omniview 360 camera
Multiple extra 110/USB outlets inside, and several 110 in basement
Driver side security light
Single bowl kitchen sink (DS sink I believe)
110 outlets in cabinets over bed, and in cabinet over dash (didn't go with TV there)

That's about all I can remember off the top of my head.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:32 PM   #45

Sounds like it is going to be nice. I like the Lagoon/winwood combo. What is the difference in the roofs or why you chose one over the other, if you don't mind me asking?
rmk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:34 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
I drove a 37 foot Ventana none tag, and it drove pretty nice, I feel the 43 foot Dutch Star frontend is smoother, but hard to compare the two (apples and oranges). The following is the truth and is only the facts. My dealer has not ordered tag axle Ventana’s for inventory. He sells a lot of non tag Ventana’s and tag axle Dutch Stars. So test driving a 4369 Ventana wasn’t an option. When I asked him why? He feels that they are too close in price when you load up the Ventana, and most of his customers step up to the Dutch Star. He is a top ten Newmar dealer and this model as worked for him. He has no problem special ordering a Ventana Tag.
We have two Australian Shepherds and the carpet, especially under the refrigerator and dining area was a deal breaker for my wife. She could care less about the mechanical things I previously mentioned in this thread. If Newmar had eliminated the Carpet a Ventana would have been very tempting. I have no doubt the Ventana tag is a great motorhome.
Gotcha. Thanks for the input! Much appreciated
Old 08-06-2018, 07:06 AM   #47

When we were listing the house last fall and getting ready to full time again our search centered around finding a Tiffin 43, which is comparable to a Dutch Star. Since the house sold in 10 days our search time was limited to less than 60 days and we just could not find a 2 to 3 year old bus we wanted.

Next up was Newmar and the 4369 floorplan was perfect for us. As far as Ventana vs Dutch Star.….for us the extra bling and some of the other structural differences were just not worth it.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:01 AM   #48

As has been pointed out another difference between the DS and Ventana is all tile in the DS. I had forgotten about that. On house cleaning day, having to use the vacuum for only a small part of the floor is bothersome. The tile is easily cleaned with a broom and one of those Swiffer cleaner thingies. Ours came with the basement vacuum, not sure if that is standard as we bought used so it was along for the ride.

So my updated list of wants from the DS is as follows:

auto locking bay doors
Powered slide out trays
Tile everywhere.

I am guessing that you could probably order a new Ventana with the first two, but not the third. We bough used, so never had an opportunity to do an option comparison.

Our used choices were a DS 4369 and a Ventana 4018 - both 2013's in 2015. The difference was about $80,000 but to be fair we never dickered at all on the DS and the Ventana was a great price so never tried to get the dealer to reduce it. Payed "sticker". I would most certainly have liked the extra 3 feet but not all the rest of the difference.

Very happy with the Ventana with no regrets, well maybe that extra 3 feet......
X-OEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:07 AM   #49

Full tile was the number one reason I would have preferred to be able to get a DS.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:29 PM   #50

The full tile would be nice for sure. I like that the 2019 Ventana has the multiplex wiring! Good move on Newmars part. Looks more high end and using the coach probably a little easier.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:16 PM   #51
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
When we bought our 2014 DS, we had originally gone in to sign on the dotted line for a new Ventana that was on the lot. We were trading in a Monaco Diplomat which was a very nice motor home. We wanted something newer and with a larger interior. I also wanted something that had more features than what I was trading in. As I sat at the desk, I decided that the Dutch Star had all the items I really wanted.

It just so happened that he had two Dutch Stars sitting there. They were $60K more at the time which increased our payment by about $300.00. We decided to get what we really wanted.....this included (at the time) side radiator, IFS, Tile floors, power bay doors, power hose reel, power cord reel and various other items. The majority of these were all items I wished everyday I had when I did things like walk around the coach and have to lock every door, or side radiator when I did my own work and servicing.

I would really like an MA, because I want the bigger motor, but that's another $125K more than the DS, out of our budget safety zone.

So, I think people buy what they can afford and like. It's human nature to defend what you buy/bought, but if everyone was honest and they had unlimited funds, many would be buying much higher up the ladder than they did. It's all about budget and what YOU feel you can afford.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:15 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
The full tile would be nice for sure. I like that the 2019 Ventana has the multiplex wiring! Good move on Newmars part. Looks more high end and using the coach probably a little easier.
While the DS is obviously nicer, the full tile would have been the only reason we would have changed, and as someone else said, you buy what you can, we really didn't think the additional cost was worth that one item. I guess the dual awnings would be nice also....

If cost was no issue probably by a King Air, Maybe the 2025 one Neil C wants that drives itself.......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:45 AM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
While the DS is obviously nicer, the full tile would have been the only reason we would have changed, and as someone else said, you buy what you can, we really didn't think the additional cost was worth that one item. I guess the dual awnings would be nice also....

If cost was no issue probably by a King Air, Maybe the 2025 one Neil C wants that drives itself.......
correction, 2027, and it's self washing is the reason I'm getting it.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:23 AM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
correction, 2027, and it's self washing is the reason I'm getting it.

Sign me up, self washing would be so cool, I’m fine to drive it on my own. [emoji4]
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #55
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
Sign me up, self washing would be so cool, I’m fine to drive it on my own. [emoji4]
Yep! Self-washing is the way to go. Hope they have a self-waxing option by that time too. And, a self-cleaning windshield for bug stuff. Now we're talking!

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:58 AM   #56
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
You guys are so 2022 minded, in 2027, it will be non stick surfaces.....nothing, including dust will stick to the surface.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star, vent, ventana