Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Recently picked up our motorhome from dealership service center, one of the items I was trying to get fixed before warranty expired was the windshield wiper effectiveness that I previously identified. Attempted to fix this problem on 2 other occasions but attempts failed, this time I am happy to report success.

Problem was that wiper assembly lifted off of windshield surface on the last 1/3 of travel on the outward stroke at speeds, the faster one went the less effective the blade assembly became, this left drivers side rear view mirror useless in heavy rain, also limited clear vision of lane you were driving in.

Resolution was to replace the existing blade assembly with one that has holes in the blade support structure to allow air to pass through the assembly rather than lift the assembly off the windshield. Here is a photo of the new assembly:

note the holes in the replacement assembly, the OEM assembly was solid.

Replacement part number of the new wiper blade assembly is TV8-32, this is a Tru Vision Wiper Assembly part number, it works like a charm. Appears most RV Supply stores carry Tru Vision wiper assemblies.

Hope this is of help to others that may be plagued by this or a similar problem.

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Recently picked up our motorhome from dealership service center, one of the items I was trying to get fixed before warranty expired was the windshield wiper effectiveness that I previously identified. Attempted to fix this problem on 2 other occasions but attempts failed, this time I am happy to report success.

Problem was that wiper assembly lifted off of windshield surface on the last 1/3 of travel on the outward stroke at speeds, the faster one went the less effective the blade assembly became, this left drivers side rear view mirror useless in heavy rain, also limited clear vision of lane you were driving in.

Resolution was to replace the existing blade assembly with one that has holes in the blade support structure to allow air to pass through the assembly rather than lift the assembly off the windshield. Here is a photo of the new assembly:

note the holes in the replacement assembly, the OEM assembly was solid.

Replacement part number of the new wiper blade assembly is TV8-32, this is a Tru Vision Wiper Assembly part number, it works like a charm. Appears most RV Supply stores carry Tru Vision wiper assemblies.

Hope this is of help to others that may be plagued by this or a similar problem.

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Old 12-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Spike--

What a simple and easy solution--- Thanks for your input.

I know many folks will benefit from your experience ,
Old 12-05-2008, 07:35 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Spike,
I can't find anyone who stocks the TV8 model wiper. They all carry the TV6.

Where did you purchase yours?
cc
Old 12-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can't find anyone who stocks the TV8 model wiper. They all carry the TV6.

Where did you purchase yours? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cc; Believe the TV8 (32" Blade assemblies) are relatively new product line therefore not listed on web pages. I would call anyone you carries AVCO Tru-Vision Wipers (RV Supply Warehouse, PPL etc.) and ask them to get them for you, if they do not stock they should be able to order them for you through their supplier.

Here is a link to Tru-Visions online RV Catalog: Tru-Vision

Mine came via Guaranty RV Service Center Coburg Parts Department from Northwest Trailer Parts which is very large West Coast RV/Trailer Parts Wholesaler (do not sell to public).

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573