Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2019, 09:22 AM   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfamy View Post
Sorry I can't help with the Android, but I had the same issue on my Windows 10 platforms. This is the solution I received from Mark at Bluefire.

"Check the advanced options under the BlueFire for Motorhomes app and make sure Radio is checked. I’m guessing that when the prompt ‘Let BlueFire for Motorhomes turn your Bluetooth and WLAN on or off?’ came up, you responded No."

I did this by:
Right clicking on the app on the start page,
Select More,
Select App Setting,
Turn on radio.

Now it connects in seconds. -- Tom

Thanks for the info Tom. If you're referring to the BlueFire Motorhome App, I get nothing when I right click on it anywhere. Seems that I recall selecting "Yes" when prompted on the Bluetooth/WLAN settings.

I see in your sig that you own a Harley as well!
FastEdbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2019, 09:39 AM   #408

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I have spent the morning speed read reading through these 400+ post and am very intimidated by this Blue Fire. I was intrigued to know my coach has it installed on it when purchased. I have downloaded Blue Fire to my Samsung Note 9.

I'm thinking I need a small tablet to have for a good display rather than my phone or Windows Surface Pro.

My question is would anyone be willing to walk me through how to get started setting this up? I'm fairly tech savvy once I get going in the right direction so to speak.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #409

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer Guy View Post
I have spent the morning speed read reading through these 400+ post and am very intimidated by this Blue Fire. I was intrigued to know my coach has it installed on it when purchased. I have downloaded Blue Fire to my Samsung Note 9.

I'm thinking I need a small tablet to have for a good display rather than my phone or Windows Surface Pro.

My question is would anyone be willing to walk me through how to get started setting this up? I'm fairly tech savvy once I get going in the right direction so to speak.
The developer is working on a setup guide that should be released shortly. Look for it to be posted here or on the BlueFire site.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:43 PM   #410

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer Guy View Post

I run it on a Surface Pro and it seems fine. Had some issues at first with pairing the bluetooth. Mark (Bluefire Guy) helped me through the pairing and since then it has been mostly OK on the surface pro. I suggest giving it a try before buying a new device.

Regards.

Chuck
Old 04-03-2019, 05:27 PM   #411

Monaco Owners Club
Blue Fire for 2004 Monoco Cayman Roadmaster 4R4 Chassis

I have a 2004 Monoco Caymen 34PDD with a Roadmaster R4R chassis has any one used the Blue Fire Data Adapter for motorhomes on this chassis
It has a Cummins ISB 300 w/ 5 speed allison trans.

My vehicle has 2 connectors:

GRAY Deutsch 6 pin connector at the steering wheel it has 4 pins used & 2 not used. It is labled ENGINE. However the vehicle manual says it’s the ABS connector??? will it give me the info I need to run the Bluefire app and retrive info?

GRAY 9 Pin Deutsch connector at the rear engine compartment only 7 of the 9 pins are used. The vehicle manual says this is the engine Diagnostics plug

Which one should be used to?

or can both be used ( obverserly at separate times) one to check ABS SYSTEM AND ONE FOR ENGINE?

I assume ther Dongle device will NOT be able to send the single from the rear of the coach to the drivers area 34ft away??

Peter S.
Pschweizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:51 PM   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschweizer View Post
I have a 2004 Monoco Caymen 34PDD with a Roadmaster R4R chassis has any one used the Blue Fire Data Adapter for motorhomes on this chassis

GRAY Deutsch 6 pin connector at the steering wheel it has 4 pins used & 2 not used. It is labled ENGINE. However the vehicle manual says it’s the ABS connector??? will it give me the info I need to run the Bluefire app and retrive info?

GRAY 9 Pin Deutsch connector at the rear engine compartment only 7 of the 9 pins are used. The vehicle manual says this is the engine Diagnostics plug

or can both be used ( obverserly at separate times) one to check ABS SYSTEM AND ONE FOR ENGINE?

I assume ther Dongle device will NOT be able to send the single from the rear of the coach to the drivers area 34ft away??

Peter S.
To get the more common real time data, the 9 pin Engine connector.
It's possible but not typical that the scan tool supports ABS functions. That's a question for the scan tool developer if they added ABS support.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:19 AM   #413

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschweizer View Post

Peter S.
For technical issues such as this my recommendation is to post your inquiry on the developers website BlueFire for Motorhomes
Old 04-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #414

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
Could not find anywhere in the forum pages - I want to start using my Bluefire but I do not have a full fuel tank. I have 'checked' use calculated because my coach does not send fuel tank readings over J1939. So how can I start using the fuel gauge and various other fuel options? Thanks
Old 04-05-2019, 04:23 PM   #415

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkatgifts View Post
Could not find anywhere in the forum pages - I want to start using my Bluefire but I do not have a full fuel tank. I have 'checked' use calculated because my coach does not send fuel tank readings over J1939. So how can I start using the fuel gauge and various other fuel options? Thanks
Until you can actually fill up I would suggest trying the following:
Estimate how much fuel you currently have on-board.
On the settings page set your fuel tank value to that amount.
Select the Fill Fuel Tank option.
Then go back and set your fuel tank to the correct value.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #416

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
Is this normal?

I plugged the Bluefire into J1939 and connected to my Android Tablet - No issues, all works fine. I noticed, however, that Bluefire device blinks blue continuously - even when engine is turned OFF. Is this normal and/or is it because my Tablet was still on.? I assumed the J1939 port was dead when the key is OFF. Otherwise, I will just need to remove Bluefire when not in use so as not to drain my coach battery. thanks for the help.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #417

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkatgifts View Post
I plugged the Bluefire into J1939 and connected to my Android Tablet - No issues, all works fine. I noticed, however, that Bluefire device blinks blue continuously - even when engine is turned OFF. Is this normal and/or is it because my Tablet was still on.? I assumed the J1939 port was dead when the key is OFF. Otherwise, I will just need to remove Bluefire when not in use so as not to drain my coach battery. thanks for the help.
On the Settings page check mark Allow Adapter to Sleep.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:04 AM   #418

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
On the Settings page check mark Allow Adapter to Sleep.
That's what screwed up my adapter though. It went to sleep and never woke up again. I had to get it replaced. Now I just let it blink..
Carefree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:41 PM   #419

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
That's what screwed up my adapter though. It went to sleep and never woke up again. I had to get it replaced. Now I just let it blink..
With all due respect I doubt the setting had anything to do with your adapter failure. If that was the case I think we would be seeing others reporting the same failure.

My coach has been sitting for the last 2-1/2 months with me only using the app for testing, and I haven't had any problem waking up the adapter.

Now the next time I go to try it, it will probably fail.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:44 AM   #420

FYI - Mark posted this 'getting started link' for documentation on the BlueFire site yesterday.
FastEdbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement