Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2017, 10:12 PM   #1

Vorad & Trip Travel options

My wife and I test drove a 2016 MADP 4565 in Palm Springs yesterday. Very nic unit just not the floorplan were interested in. They sold the LADP we were also hoping to see. But knowing the differences we are fine with the MADP, as we actually like the ceiling treatments a little better. So we will be targeting a MADP in very near future. Anyways onto the subject, this unit had the Vorad system on it. Obviously we only drove for short periods on/off freeway but the system was on as the cc was on but not engaged and it gave multiple collision warnings my wife really liked that feature.

My question goes out to those who have this system and also those with the trip travel for display on nav. What are your opinions and feedback as to whether or not they are worth the $$$ and these features functions.

I want to preface the fact that both of us are comfortable driving commercial vehicles as we are/were Engineers in the Fire Departments we work at.

Also if we found a unit that does not have it, how difficult or is it even possible to add after the fact?

Thanks Brad
Hmf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2017, 09:12 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmf23 View Post
My wife and I test drove a 2016 MADP 4565 in Palm Springs yesterday. Very nic unit just not the floorplan were interested in. They sold the LADP we were also hoping to see. But knowing the differences we are fine with the MADP, as we actually like the ceiling treatments a little better. So we will be targeting a MADP in very near future. Anyways onto the subject, this unit had the Vorad system on it. Obviously we only drove for short periods on/off freeway but the system was on as the cc was on but not engaged and it gave multiple collision warnings my wife really liked that feature.

My question goes out to those who have this system and also those with the trip travel for display on nav. What are your opinions and feedback as to whether or not they are worth the $$$ and these features functions.

I want to preface the fact that both of us are comfortable driving commercial vehicles as we are/were Engineers in the Fire Departments we work at.

Also if we found a unit that does not have it, how difficult or is it even possible to add after the fact?

Thanks Brad
TripTek is great and in my opinion well worth the bucks. Vorad, now actually Bendix, forward looking radar delivers collision warning, cruise control intervention, and Jake brake intervention. While it certainly works great, it is questionable whether it is worth the about $7K. It also can be frustrating from time to time reducing your speed to match the vehicle ahead. You are driving at 70 mph for a while only to notice you are now travelling only 55 mph because of traffic in your lane. Without this feature you would just ease out into the passing lane when you get close enough to the slower vehicle.

So, again only my opinion, the TripTek is a good buy. The Vorad, if you are close to budget, I would consider dropping.

Now, realize that there is an added safety benefit of having the Vorad, but perhaps only if it prevents an actual collision. I had prior managed to avoid such an event with 4 prior coaches that were not equipped with this feature.

Peter
Old 01-02-2017, 11:04 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Lug Nut - appreciate your thoughts re the "Vorad". It is an expensive option and I was curious of benefit. Still not RV owners yet and still in the research stage. One decision made is that it will be a Newmar dp. Which model is more difficult. Not to mention the options and numerous specials. Really like the MA. Love the ES. Going to the Tampa Super RV show in two weeks. Can't wait. Toured the Newmar factory this past summer. What a neat experience.
JohnRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:37 PM   #4

Here's an article outlining some of the Vorad's features. Vorad Collision Radar Review -

Peter
Old 01-03-2017, 04:44 AM   #5

Has anyone added TripTek after delivery? if so how did you go about doing this, and what did it involve?

Tags
travel