Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #1

Voyager Monitor A0M681 questions

My monitor is installed near the sunvisor and nearly impossible to reach when I'm driving with the seatbelt on.

It power's up on it's own in reverse only and manually if I want it while driving, which I do because I like to keep an eye on the toad. Every time I shutt the engine OFF I have to turn the monitor back ON after I start the motor. Of course I forget 95% of the time and have to get my wife to put it back on when I'm driving.... a bit of a pain.

My question: How do I get this monitor to go ON when I turn the ignition switch? At the present time the Stand-by Trigger switch is wired to the reverse feed. Is there another feed I can connect to, and where would it be?

My other question: Has anyone relocated their monitor to the dash where I think it should be in the first place.

--------------------------------
04 MACA 3778 / 08 CR-V
tyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Maybe my monitor is different but all three Newmars I had I can leave the monitor on all the time and it goes off & on with the ignition.
Have you check closely there is not a button or program to do the same.
In the stand by mode the monitor would come on when ever 12v is applied to it that button must have two positions. ------AOM681---PAGE # 4
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Commercial Member

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and Advent appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

If your system has only a single rear camera, you can move the BLUE Trigger wire from the Reverse circuit to the +12V Ignition/Accessory circuit. This will cause the camera to come ON automatically whenever you start the coach and shut off when your ignition is OFF. The monitor will remain in the CAM1 position when triggered, so this would not be desirable if you have a second camera in your system.

Most of our newer Voyager Observation monitors have either an Auto-ON or Last Position Memory function, which would provide this method of allowing the monitor to turn ON with the ignition while still allowing triggered operation by the Reverse & Turn-signal circuits.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #4

Thank you very much for your help.

Yes I have only one camera. I tried connecting the monitor's BLUE to the RED ACC wires. It worked when I turn the ignition switch just before starting the engine (didn't work in the ACC position). Unfortunately it turned off as soon as the engine started and was back to the same problem having to press the ON switch again.

Now I will now try it your way by disconnecting the monitor's blue wire and connecting the reverse trigger wire from the ignition switch to the RED ACC wires. I was affraid to try this because it would place two +12v feeds on the ACC side of the monitor.

Thanks. I will let you know if it worked.

Paul
Old 06-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyka View Post
Thank you very much for your help.

Yes I have only one camera. I tried connecting the monitor's BLUE to the RED ACC wires. It worked when I turn the ignition switch just before starting the engine (didn't work in the ACC position). Unfortunately it turned off as soon as the engine started and was back to the same problem having to press the ON switch again.

Now I will now try it your way by disconnecting the monitor's blue wire and connecting the reverse trigger wire from the ignition switch to the RED ACC wires. I was affraid to try this because it would place two +12v feeds on the ACC side of the monitor.

Thanks. I will let you know if it worked.

Paul
Hi Paul,

Look for the ignition wire that will have +12V available only while the ignition is in the Run position, but not in the ignition OFF position. Connect the BLUE wire there. The monitor will remain active while triggered, so you want to be sure it is not triggered when your ignition is OFF.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #6

I connected the +12v ignition wire to the BLUE monitor wire but also had to connect the RED +12v monitor wire and the +12v monitor speaker wire to the ignition wire for it to work. I noticed the power droped to 0v for a split second (on my multimeter) as I was turning the engine. This is when the monitor screen turns OFF and have to press on the monitor power button to get the screen back.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyka View Post
I connected the +12v ignition wire to the BLUE monitor wire but also had to connect the RED +12v monitor wire and the +12v monitor speaker wire to the ignition wire for it to work. I noticed the power droped to 0v for a split second (on my multimeter) as I was turning the engine. This is when the monitor screen turns OFF and have to press on the monitor power button to get the screen back.
Hi Paul,

Based on this information, I would recommend one of these options: finding another +12V switched source that is active full-time while ignition is not in the OFF position; installing a two-position switch in a convenient location accessible from the driver's seat with one side to a +12V source and the other side to the BLUE trigger wire.

If you like, feel free to call us on our Technical Services phone at 877-845-8750 M-F 8AM EDT to 6PM EDT.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #8

Another option would be to relocate it where I can have access anytime. I really don't like having the monitor next to the sun visor and would like to have easy access to all the controls while driving. I'm thinking of moving it to the dash but will need a longer cable from the junction. Are these still available? I'm guessing 12 feet. Paul