Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2021, 08:47 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
WARNING: Your new coach build dates may not be accurate

We currently have a 2021 Dutchstar 4326 on order with a complete date of 6/29. The coach was built on schedule, but with no sofa and a missing Girard awning. Today is 7/20 and the coach is sitting in a lot with about 100 other coaches waiting on components.

The dealer (NIRVC Lewisville) has been great to keep me informed. Newmar sales coordinator has been terrific as well. They at least took some pictures of the coach for me.

The purpose of this thread is for all you folks out there excited about your coaches need to be cautious about making firm plans around your build dates. I think the vendors around Newmar are overwhelmed with component shortages and don't have a clue about accurate ship dates for their pieces. Bad information gets passed down the chain to the customer and that's where disappointment and frustration set in.....

Girard has missed awning delivery dates now 3 times. No integrity....

Component shortage is a worldwide problem. I don't know if it will get better anytime soon.

Hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel and it won't be a train....
Fitztrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2021, 09:08 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitztrux View Post

Component shortage is a worldwide problem. I don't know if it will get better anytime soon.

Hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel and it won't be a train....

No integrity? How come Newmar has integrity but Girard doesn't? What is their supplier situation?

J
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:16 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
UPDATE: Girard has delayed awnings for another week...
Old 07-20-2021, 11:50 AM   #4
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
https://rv-pro.com/news/foam-shortag...er-industries/
Old 07-20-2021, 12:34 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
We placed our order last Friday. I am hoping for a delivery by the end of the year even though the dealer suggested it might be sooner. To be fair the comment came after we signed the agreement.

We are seeing the same problems with part supplies to service the Yachting industry. What use to be a 2 weeks lead time is now 12-14 weeks. Some of my customers understand we are a middle man in the supply chain problem.

I just hope that Girard and others do not sacrifice quality in a response to delivery pressure.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:07 PM   #6

Just as Newmar is waiting on components, so is every other manufacturer, including Girard. I just do not get the no integrity comment.
Winger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:17 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The no integrity comment is that Girard is not accurate whatsoever in their delivery to Newmar. Missed delivery dates 4 times in a week.

Newmar orders parts on a per job (coach) basis. They have no inventory to draw from, unless it would be supplies (bolts, wiring, plumbing etc)

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:23 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just remember, the last link in your supply chain is China.
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, plugs wires, and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan w/ temp gage, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly OR a WR-250 on a rail.
Flyer15015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:28 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
We currently have a 2021 Dutchstar 4326 on order with a complete date of 6/29. The coach was built on schedule, but with no sofa and a missing Girard awning. Today is 7/20 and the coach is sitting in a lot with about 100 other coaches waiting on components.

The dealer (NIRVC Lewisville) has been great to keep me informed. Newmar sales coordinator has been terrific as well. They at least took some pictures of the coach for me.

The purpose of this thread is for all you folks out there excited about your coaches need to be cautious about making firm plans around your build dates. I think the vendors around Newmar are overwhelmed with component shortages and don't have a clue about accurate ship dates for their pieces. Bad information gets passed down the chain to the customer and that's where disappointment and frustration set in.....

You don't suppose Girard is having supply problems too so they have no real idea of delivery dates either?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
You don't suppose Girard is having supply problems too so they have no real idea of delivery dates either?
Quite possible. However, I would stop quoting delivery dates until I knew for sure.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer15015 View Post
Just remember, the last link in your supply chain is China.
Yep...
Old 07-20-2021, 01:42 PM   #12

Quote:
The no integrity comment is that Girard is not accurate whatsoever in their delivery to Newmar. Missed delivery dates 4 times in a week.

Newmar orders parts on a per job (coach) basis. They have no inventory to draw from, unless it would be supplies (bolts, wiring, plumbing etc)

Sorry for the confusion.
I am not confused. Girard could have having difficulty with THEIR suppliers. It may be out of THEIR control, just like its out of NEWMAR'S control. I do not see any reason to blame anyone at this point. Things happen. I want a certain model vehicle, there are almost none around. I do not blame the manufacturer because he is waiting on another manufacturer who is waiting on another manufacturer
Winger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 02:13 PM   #13

We also ordered a Baystar last Friday, our dealer is saying mid December, barring any material shortages.....
Ginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Quite possible. However, I would stop quoting delivery dates until I knew for sure.
I completely agree and am very surprised ANY mfg would quote firm delivery dates for anything until it's physically in their own distribution center- in these times. I wonder if Newmar has been honest with the info they are giving you. That is unless you are dealing with The Girard Group and communicating with them directly.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warning