Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-20-2021, 08:47 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Fitztrux's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 165
WARNING: Your new coach build dates may not be accurate

We currently have a 2021 Dutchstar 4326 on order with a complete date of 6/29. The coach was built on schedule, but with no sofa and a missing Girard awning. Today is 7/20 and the coach is sitting in a lot with about 100 other coaches waiting on components.

The dealer (NIRVC Lewisville) has been great to keep me informed. Newmar sales coordinator has been terrific as well. They at least took some pictures of the coach for me.

The purpose of this thread is for all you folks out there excited about your coaches need to be cautious about making firm plans around your build dates. I think the vendors around Newmar are overwhelmed with component shortages and don't have a clue about accurate ship dates for their pieces. Bad information gets passed down the chain to the customer and that's where disappointment and frustration set in.....

Girard has missed awning delivery dates now 3 times. No integrity....

Component shortage is a worldwide problem. I don't know if it will get better anytime soon.

Hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel and it won't be a train....
__________________
Toney & Linda Fitzgerald
2021 Dutch Star 4326 - Freightliner Chassis
Intech 20' Trailer / 2013 Subaru Outback - 2005 Chevrolet SSR
Fitztrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2021, 09:08 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitztrux View Post

Girard has missed awning delivery dates now 3 times. No integrity....

Component shortage is a worldwide problem. I don't know if it will get better anytime soon.

Hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel and it won't be a train....

No integrity? How come Newmar has integrity but Girard doesn't? What is their supplier situation?


J
__________________
2016 Ventana LE 4040
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
BlueOx BP w NSA ReadyBrute
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:16 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Fitztrux's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 165
UPDATE: Girard has delayed awnings for another week...
__________________
Toney & Linda Fitzgerald
2021 Dutch Star 4326 - Freightliner Chassis
Intech 20' Trailer / 2013 Subaru Outback - 2005 Chevrolet SSR
Fitztrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:50 AM   #4
D20
Community Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Florida
Posts: 463
https://rv-pro.com/news/foam-shortag...er-industries/
__________________
2021 Newmar Bay Star 3626
D20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 12:34 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
RVStitchy's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Posts: 167
We placed our order last Friday. I am hoping for a delivery by the end of the year even though the dealer suggested it might be sooner. To be fair the comment came after we signed the agreement.

We are seeing the same problems with part supplies to service the Yachting industry. What use to be a 2 weeks lead time is now 12-14 weeks. Some of my customers understand we are a middle man in the supply chain problem.

I just hope that Girard and others do not sacrifice quality in a response to delivery pressure.
__________________
2022 Dutch Star 4369 FL - Hoping Nov Dec Delivery!?
2020 Kountry Star 3709 FL SOLD. Towing 2016 Equinox
2016 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour
RVStitchy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:07 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 207
Just as Newmar is waiting on components, so is every other manufacturer, including Girard. I just do not get the no integrity comment.
__________________
2021 Newmar Ventana 4369 Freightliner Chassis
2014 Nissan Versa Note Toad
2020 Chevy Blazer Toad
Winger2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:17 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Fitztrux's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 165
The no integrity comment is that Girard is not accurate whatsoever in their delivery to Newmar. Missed delivery dates 4 times in a week.

Newmar orders parts on a per job (coach) basis. They have no inventory to draw from, unless it would be supplies (bolts, wiring, plumbing etc)

Sorry for the confusion.
__________________
Toney & Linda Fitzgerald
2021 Dutch Star 4326 - Freightliner Chassis
Intech 20' Trailer / 2013 Subaru Outback - 2005 Chevrolet SSR
Fitztrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:23 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Flyer15015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: On the continental divide
Posts: 480
Just remember, the last link in your supply chain is China.
__________________
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c,(Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2014 Chrysler T&C.
Flyer15015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:28 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Mr_D's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 37,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitztrux View Post
We currently have a 2021 Dutchstar 4326 on order with a complete date of 6/29. The coach was built on schedule, but with no sofa and a missing Girard awning. Today is 7/20 and the coach is sitting in a lot with about 100 other coaches waiting on components.

The dealer (NIRVC Lewisville) has been great to keep me informed. Newmar sales coordinator has been terrific as well. They at least took some pictures of the coach for me.

The purpose of this thread is for all you folks out there excited about your coaches need to be cautious about making firm plans around your build dates. I think the vendors around Newmar are overwhelmed with component shortages and don't have a clue about accurate ship dates for their pieces. Bad information gets passed down the chain to the customer and that's where disappointment and frustration set in.....

Girard has missed awning delivery dates now 3 times. No integrity....

Component shortage is a worldwide problem. I don't know if it will get better anytime soon.

Hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel and it won't be a train....
You don't suppose Girard is having supply problems too so they have no real idea of delivery dates either?
__________________
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft, HWH Active Air
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '21 Jeep JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Fitztrux's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
You don't suppose Girard is having supply problems too so they have no real idea of delivery dates either?
Quite possible. However, I would stop quoting delivery dates until I knew for sure.
__________________
Toney & Linda Fitzgerald
2021 Dutch Star 4326 - Freightliner Chassis
Intech 20' Trailer / 2013 Subaru Outback - 2005 Chevrolet SSR
Fitztrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Fitztrux's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer15015 View Post
Just remember, the last link in your supply chain is China.
Yep...
__________________
Toney & Linda Fitzgerald
2021 Dutch Star 4326 - Freightliner Chassis
Intech 20' Trailer / 2013 Subaru Outback - 2005 Chevrolet SSR
Fitztrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:42 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitztrux View Post
The no integrity comment is that Girard is not accurate whatsoever in their delivery to Newmar. Missed delivery dates 4 times in a week.

Newmar orders parts on a per job (coach) basis. They have no inventory to draw from, unless it would be supplies (bolts, wiring, plumbing etc)

Sorry for the confusion.
I am not confused. Girard could have having difficulty with THEIR suppliers. It may be out of THEIR control, just like its out of NEWMAR'S control. I do not see any reason to blame anyone at this point. Things happen. I want a certain model vehicle, there are almost none around. I do not blame the manufacturer because he is waiting on another manufacturer who is waiting on another manufacturer
__________________
2021 Newmar Ventana 4369 Freightliner Chassis
2014 Nissan Versa Note Toad
2020 Chevy Blazer Toad
Winger2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 02:13 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 21
We also ordered a Baystar last Friday, our dealer is saying mid December, barring any material shortages.....
Ginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:26 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
twojayhawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Lenexa KS
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitztrux View Post
Quite possible. However, I would stop quoting delivery dates until I knew for sure.
I completely agree and am very surprised ANY mfg would quote firm delivery dates for anything until it's physically in their own distribution center- in these times. I wonder if Newmar has been honest with the info they are giving you. That is unless you are dealing with The Girard Group and communicating with them directly.
__________________
Bill & Kelli 2015 Dutch Star 4366
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
warning



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How accurate is your fuel gauge? Robert T Newmar Owner's Forum 24 04-05-2020 08:49 AM
Build dates fsudelt Newmar Owner's Forum 1 09-28-2016 09:09 AM
Factory contact to confirm build & ship dates? fsudelt Newmar Owner's Forum 3 09-15-2016 10:47 AM
New Build date just received, 1mo to build??? albawsadv Tiffin Owner's Forum 9 01-17-2015 03:02 PM
Bosch Brake Recall " Build Dates " VIN Number Ranges DriVer Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum 33 11-19-2005 10:43 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.