Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2017, 03:51 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Meguiars Paste Cleaner Wax

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...ner-wax-paste/
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2017, 04:44 PM   #16

I figured that the clear coat was dead, as it is non existant in some spots.

Wanting to try and save the rest of the coach. The front, rear and sides are in great condition, especially given the age. Don't want the clear coat to start failing anywhere else. So was curious what others were doing to protect from the evil UV rays. Getting some good ideas.

I knew that nothing other than a body shop could fix what is in pic. Hopefully get that addressed next winter.

Doug
Dougjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:08 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludmilla View Post
I have been using Wash and Wax All on my coach and cars for many years and I am very happy with how easy it is to use and how well it works.
X2

Our new to us coach is our first one with full body paint. The shine is like new with the exception of the few minor character flaws from use.

The Wash Wax All system was a purchase i would do again in a heart beat. Today i used it on my TPO roof, took maybe 20 min. i have waxed the MH twice as it only takes a little less than an hour for 37'. Love bugs easily come off to.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:41 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Although I don't have an RV YET.... 2018 is the retirement year and Newmar will benefit.

I have detailed dozens of cars and I suspect the same rules apply.

Shine comes from polish, protection comes from wax.

One of the greatest developments in producing a smooth finish is clay bars. There are lots of videos on the net about how to do it. For an RV it would be a ton of work but in the auto detailing world it is a basic step prior to a light polish, then a nice wax of your choice. Carnauba based wax will bead water like crazy but only last about a month so I would stay away for an RV. The new polymer waxes are probably the best. Miguiar products, Colonite etc.
A nice little polisher is the Porter Cable 7424. It is light and you can 1-hand it on ladder for the high work. Just make sure the polisher is orbital.

When it comes to detailing everybody has their own process, choice of products and opinions.....
stv_szy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:05 AM   #19

Preemptive Strike for Roof??

After watching my neighbor wash his roof to clean the caulking I am wondering what I can do to slow this process down when I get my new motorhome. This would be the cleanest I would ever see the roof. I did my last motorhome twice a year. I know Newmar recommends not to do anything (waxing) on the paint, but I would not think there would be an issue with the roof.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:56 AM   #20

I've been switching over from wax (prefer Colinite products) to using polymers and really like them - EZ on - EZ off - much easier than most waxes.
I've had good results w/ NuFinish and it's available many places and not expensive.

Pick up a new to us Newmar next week and will be doing some research as to what they do / do not recommend.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:17 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv_szy View Post
Although I don't have an RV YET.... 2018 is the retirement year and Newmar will benefit.

I have detailed dozens of cars and I suspect the same rules apply.

Shine comes from polish, protection comes from wax.

One of the greatest developments in producing a smooth finish is clay bars. There are lots of videos on the net about how to do it. For an RV it would be a ton of work but in the auto detailing world it is a basic step prior to a light polish, then a nice wax of your choice. Carnauba based wax will bead water like crazy but only last about a month so I would stay away for an RV. The new polymer waxes are probably the best. Miguiar products, Colonite etc.
A nice little polisher is the Porter Cable 7424. It is light and you can 1-hand it on ladder for the high work. Just make sure the polisher is orbital.

When it comes to detailing everybody has their own process, choice of products and opinions.....
This is very good advice. I just detailed my "new to me" 2007 MADP. The sides look almost like new. A good wash using a quality car wash soap, then clay bar, then polish, then polymer wax. I used Meguiars Ultimate. My coach is stored inside, so from this point forward it should only need to be washed when dirty and waxed a couple of times per year.

Don't forget to polish and wax the gel coat on the roof, otherwise you will get a white streaks down the side in the rain.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:20 PM   #22

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1270.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	160642

Here is a pic from when I was finishing the job
Old 05-04-2017, 01:26 PM   #23

As soon as I finish my cold one I'll go out and ask my wife what she uses. I believe she favors Mequiars products.
She's on the roof as I write this so it may be a little while until I can come back.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:08 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
As soon as I finish my cold one I'll go out and ask my wife what she uses. I believe she favors Mequiars products.
She's on the roof as I write this so it may be a little while until I can come back.
My wife uses Rejex. She just finished applying it to my PU, her Yukon and the Spark. She is waiting for a new shipment of Rejex so she can do the coach.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:24 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post
My wife uses Rejex. She just finished applying it to my PU, her Yukon and the Spark. She is waiting for a new shipment of Rejex so she can do the coach.

Jon
I think I have found my long lost twin
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
I think I have found my long lost twin
I was going to support my local detailer but the Wife wouldn't let me spend the money.
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote