RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #1

Question Water coming onto floor from refrigerator

After we had been parked for a few days..water comes out from the bottom of refrigerator when we leave and begin to travel.. The refrigerator is a Norcold 4 door refrigerator.. any ideas???

2005 DSDP 3815

Thanks in advance.. Keith

Keith727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #2

a thought if you have a door outside has the water supply for ice maker sprung a leak or is the drain plugged up let us know
dave

whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like the drain is plugged or routed incorrectly.
kenyonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Norcold has a drain somewhere inside (look in the fridge compartment below the fins, you should see a tray, and that tray, if you look closely, will have a hole, likely near the back and center, which leads to a hose.. YOu won't likely see the hose)

Outside now... You will see the hose. it leads down into a little cup which, theory has it, should be part full of water.

NOW... If the hose (or the drain that leads to it) is clogged with . ... whatever... The water has only one place to go

Down the inside of the fridge, to the bottom (under the veggie drawers) and eventually onto the floor

Also, possible issues with the cup outside.

Let me know if this info helps

NOTE: Dometic users.. Inside the fridge.. Same design

Outside the fridge the hose does not go into an evaporation cup. it just has a plastic thingy in in.. My motor home when I got it the drain hose was INSIDE the outside compartment. Owner's manual said bring it out via a vent hole so it drips on the ground NOT the floor of the fridge compartment....... I ask the dealer why it was not put out and they said "We always do that".. Right

Well my Dometic was subject to the recall so being as I was one side of the dealer when I got the notice, and home was the other side, on the way home we did the drop in recall job.. and guess what.. When they were through the hose was once again where it did NOT belong.

OH well.. Just something to think about

That hose can gunk up and plug same as a Norcold by the way.. though I think the norcold design is more prone to it . NOTE: THINK, means "not sure"
Old 12-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #5

Water leaking from fridge

Thanks guys>>>>.The drain hose on the outside of motorhome was stopped up. The hose that drained into a pan had a rubber plug in the end and the small drain hole in it was stopped up. Thanks again>>>>>>

Knot-Flyn'
Keith
2005 DSDP 3815
Old 12-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for letting us know what the problem was
Old 12-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some people may say remove the plug I wouldn't, may just get something bigger in hose. Now that you know about it just add to spring maintenance schedule to clean.
Thanks for the followup.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #8

This is one of the reasons that I follow these threads. My hose was plugged as well. Thanks for the knowledge.
Goodturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #9

Leak in front of fridg.

Found the leak...... The water line that connects to the control valve in rear of fridg was leaking. Put a rubber gasket on the fitting and that fixed it. Looks like there never was on the connection.

Thanks for all the info.

Knot-Flyn'
2005 DSDP 3815
Old 02-08-2010, 02:01 AM   #10

good to hear you got it fixed by control valve do you mean the valve at the top mine is white mine was cracked had to pull the fridge to fix mine

whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote