Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2020, 04:56 PM   #1

Water inside bay door

Several of my bay doors take on water during rain storms. I can hear it when the door is opened and I get a few drips out the top of the door. Anyone else have this issue? My bay doors swing up.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2020, 06:26 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the same issue in one of my bay doors. I drilled a couple of small holes in the bottom. Didn't help. I have just let it go. I'll be watching this too for a solution.
CaptainJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:03 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
This happened on our Canyon Star also. The issue went away when I got the doors reskinned to eliminate the added curved piece at the bottom, something Newmar started doing with later model years. The reskinning was done as a part of the sidewall replacement so the added cost was not too bad, they had to remove, replace and paint the doors anyway.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:26 AM   #4

The doors need to be sealed with clear silicone. Depending on the construction of the door on where it needs to be applied. On mine, all intersections between skin and surround moldings gets sealed. Shouldn't be a huge difference if the doors are made of foam and aluminum skin, aluminum sides. But I wouldn't let the water freeze inside the cavity or the expansion will pull them apart likity split.

I still need to reseal my whole RV sides once I can get my butt to finish the clear coat painting...
Old 08-24-2020, 03:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
The doors need to be sealed with clear silicone.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give the clear silicone a try.

Tags
door, water