Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #1

Water on bedroom floor.

We made two all day drives in the rain this past two weeks. One on the way to Newmar and one on the way back from Newmar.

After the first days drive we found water on the bedroom floor that would have been under the FWS when it is in. We reported it to service and they added to our warranty work for the week.

They found a hole up between the duals and the tag that they said was letting water enter the FWS and then come up into the bedroom. They worked on it for several hours and said they got it sealed.

However after the second days drive in the rain water was again found on the bedroom floor.

We never had this problem in the past. Could be because we very seldom had to drive all day in the rain.

I am going to call Newmar and see if I can bring it back next year and let them take another try to fix the problem.

Anyone else had this problem and did you get it fixed and how?

Thanks - Dave C.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2018, 05:39 PM   #2

I've never had this problem but if I were you I'd push for the service people to test the area where they fix it the next time. Actually they should do a before and after water test so they know where the water is coming in. I don't know about you but I don't want to keep driving back to the service center no matter how close it may be. I hope they fix your problem this time. Good luck.
keger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #3

Keger,

I agree Newmar will get it fixed. They did do a water test after the fix and I do believe they thought it was fixed.

I will know more after I talk with them this week.

I will be putting it in storage in about two weeks so it will not be driven in the rain again soon.

Dave C.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:24 PM   #4

Sounds good I hope it all works out for you
keger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, water