Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2021, 03:17 PM   #1

Water Pressure

Yup...me again.

We recently purchased this 2005 Essex and one of the things we noticed is the water pressure just doesn't seem very good. Whether it's coming out of any of the sinks, the shower and especially the toilet...(There will another post about the toilet...but later).

Also it doesn't appear to be any different whether we're on shore water or using the pump. I removed the filter that was in the wet-bay thinking perhaps it was old and clogged but it didn't make any different. I'm attempting to follow the water flow (is there such a thing as a schematic for the water?) but honestly haven't enough time to finish the search.

I did experience when filling the tank when we 1st got it, and using the Auto feature that shuts off the filling of the tank and switches to shore water (Not using the right term there) that as soon as the tank was full, and it switched over to shore water a whole bunch of water started coming out the back of ???? something...and I quickly switched to the manual mode. But that's probably another post for another day as I can only handle one issue at a time. I'm assuming there's just something that's not tight and haven't had a chance to chase that down.

So, any hints as to where to start is greatly appreciated.

Gosh...there's just so many things I need to fix on this rig...windshield wipers beating themselves up, an usual smell in the basement (Is it diesel or something from the Aqua hot?), this STINKING electric toilet...really..who needs an electric toilet? Stepping on a pedal is too hard? It's not opening everyone once in a while...And let's talk about AC outlets...there's SO FEW!
Sigh...I know...I'm just overwhelmed. I have LOTS to do to get ready before we head back to Florida this fall....small steps...I keep telling myself.
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2021, 03:31 PM   #2

Don't worry about asking questions, we have all been there. One step at a time.

Here are some simple tests you can run and report back your results. It will help in narrowing down the problem.

Since all faucets are slow and the low flow is from both pump and city water, try this simple test first:

Remove the faucet screen/aerator from one sink faucet. Turn it on and see if strong flow is now present. If it is, remove and clean all faucet screens/aerators and shower head.

Next, disconnect the city water hose from your RV. Turn on the pump. Does the pump stop running within a few seconds? If not, listed for water entering into the fresh tank, basically recirculating. If you hear it, your diverter valve is at fault. If the pump stops and does not cycle back on, the system is holding pressure as it should.

Also with pump running, look at the hose connection for city water. Is water coming out? It shouldn't be.

Run the above tests and report back. That will help.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 04:10 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Does your Essex have the “Aqua-Miser” system? I recently had similar problems you describe and it was this innocent looking valve in the shower that is easy to bump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D79A39C2-7DE6-4DD6-8CD3-8F228509FB1A.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	336244  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 06:11 PM   #4

Would be interesting to see if you have both park hose attached and on and then turn the water pump on at the same time. Which has better flow? Do check the valves that are located in different locations like Hydro-Hot system. Could be the manifold system has a problem which would be worth checking water flow thru system.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 06:20 PM   #5

Do you have a shower head in your wet bay? Make sure bot hot and cold are turned off
outlawten5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 06:28 AM   #6

Check for a pressure reducing part in the water supply system. Our friends with a 2004 had that problem and it was what appeared to be a pressure/volume restriction device. Once removed it went to good normal pressure. Problem was it was behind the wet bay panel and difficult to get to.
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 12:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewebb View Post
Check for a pressure reducing part in the water supply system. Our friends with a 2004 had that problem and it was what appeared to be a pressure/volume restriction device. Once removed it went to good normal pressure. Problem was it was behind the wet bay panel and difficult to get to.

Awesome...will check today!
Old 07-17-2021, 12:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
Awesome...will check today!

Well I peaked underneath and behind the panel I did not see any pressure reducing device but I did notice that the hose is only a half inch and all the connections seem to be half inch where on my other rig all my hoses were three-quarter or maybe it’s five eights whatever the Camco NSF-61 is.

I wonder if I were to re-plum everything I can reach with 3/4 if that would help? I think I’m going to try and use my existing hose that I used on the old rig to bring in water in instead of the one that’s on the reel because that’s only half inch, not sure if tthat willmake a difference or not.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
Well I peaked underneath and behind the panel I did not see any pressure reducing device but I did notice that the hose is only a half inch and all the connections seem to be half inch where on my other rig all my hoses were three-quarter or maybe it’s five eights whatever the Camco NSF-61 is.

I wonder if I were to re-plum everything I can reach with 3/4 if that would help? I think I’m going to try and use my existing hose that I used on the old rig to bring in water in instead of the one that’s on the reel because that’s only half inch, not sure if tthat willmake a difference or not.
1/2" Pex plumbing is standard on most all motorhomes, do not change it. Something else is causing your problem.

The pressure reducing device behind the wet bay panel is most likely connected to the inlet port for city water. If so it only affects the pressure from a city water connection. So does the check valve that is inside the hose connection itself. These two things could easily account for your low pressure/flow throughout the couch.

BUT...

You also have the same low pressure when using only the pump and fresh tank. That eliminates the two devices mentioned, above. The outside shower valves, do not influence water pressure through out the system.

Your shower mixing valve, shown by a photo from a poster, could be the problem, but I'm not certain how it works. If it recirculates all water back into the tank for conservation, it could be the issue.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:42 PM   #10

So this water pressure thing it’s getting to be a real issue. I don’t know if this is related but I am dumping my black tank I am using a three-quarter inch hose or maybe it’s five eights going directly into the sewage tank rinse valve and it’s taking almost an hour to fill up the black tank. We have very good water pressure at the faucet, in fact I have it lock down to 50 psi, but not on the black tank rinse valve I have it wide-open. I just don’t understand why it would take an hour it might even be more to fill up 3/4 of the black tank so I can rinse it really good.

I haven’t gotten my head completely behind that panel to see how all these hoses all intermingle with each other but I can’t imagine that the rinse gate valve does anything but go directly to the black tank, correct?

Thanks

Tags
water, water pressure