Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2017, 08:27 PM   #1

Water Pump not working

The water pump in my '15 DSDP has quit working......again. Last time it was the controller? Dealer replaced it and all was well till a few days ago. Not sure what happened last time but when I press the pump button nothing happens, the light doesn't light up or anything. I can hear a clicking sound when I press the pump button in the 1/2 bath but nothing anywhere else. Could it be a fuse? Is there another fuse other than the 10amp fuse in the 1/2 bath cabinet. Thinking/hoping it would be a fuse and not another pump controller that dealer will probably have to replace....again! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2017, 08:36 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It's a computer...

You can check the fuse. The one you mention is the only one I know of.

You can remove and replace the fuse. (Reboot, make sure to wait a few minutes between pulling and replacing)

You can check the two status LEDs on the Water Pump Controller to see if anything there is amiss.

Mine recently acted up for a while. We would find the water pump turned on...and accuse one another for leaving it on. Found out...it was turning itself on. If I fiddled with the pump switches...it would lock up in the inoperative mode, like yours. I ordered a new controller...and left the fuse out for a couple of days, Just on a whim...I put the fuse back in...and it's been working properly again. I wish I could explain why it did that.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #3

Sounds like the controller. I carry a spare.
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:41 PM   #4

You can jump the controller leads and the pump will work but you cannot shut it off on the panels. It will keep pressure up and will work. I can't remember which wires but you should be able to figure it out with a meter.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:52 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgebobk View Post
You can jump the controller leads and the pump will work but you cannot shut it off on the panels. It will keep pressure up and will work. I can't remember which wires but you should be able to figure it out with a meter.
From left to right..

12v (red wire)
Switch (yellow wire(s))
LOAD
Ground

If you connect the 3rd and 4th wires together LOAD and GROUND...it will bypass the control circuit and power the pump. Of course the pressure switch in the pump will cycle the pump on/off as demanded by your useage.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Sounds like the controller. I carry a spare.
Is there an APP for that?? No Seriously, would there happen to be a you tube showing how to replace the controller?
Old 09-05-2017, 08:56 PM   #7

I haven't seen one. The controller is in the wet bay left side, at least
Old 09-05-2017, 09:00 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdagro View Post
Is there an APP for that?? No Seriously, would there happen to be a you tube showing how to replace the controller?
Not that I know of. But it is as simple as this...

1) pull the 10A fuse for the water pump. I believe it is F8.

2) locate the Water Pump Controller. Screwed to the forward bulkhead behind the valve panel in the water bay. Kinda look under the panel to your left...it's a little black thing with 4 spade connectors hooked to it. Note which color corresponds to which terminal. Remove the wire spades from the wpc.

3) unscrew the old wpc...and screw in the new.

4) replace the wires to the correct terminals.

5) replace the 10a fuse.

Test it out to make sure it's working...
Old 09-05-2017, 09:01 PM   #9

Quote:
I haven't seen one. The controller is in the wet bay left side, at least
Oh I know exactly where it is. But that doesn't mean I can replace it.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:03 PM   #10

Yes you can. It's plug and play. In the mean time put any wire and jump between the ones noted above. It low voltage so you will only blow a fuse if you screw up.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #11

Intellitec 00-00145-100 -- WATER PUMP CONTROLLER 10A https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0176TO7RO..._Mw2RzbE0P747D
Old 09-06-2017, 05:51 AM   #12

Nod this is really strange. When I pulled the fuse just now the pump light came on on the panel. What tha ??? Is that all about. Will leave fuse out for a few hrs and see if it will "reset". Will post update later.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:39 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdagro View Post
Nod this is really strange. When I pulled the fuse just now the pump light came on on the panel. What tha ??? Is that all about. Will leave fuse out for a few hrs and see if it will "reset". Will post update later.
Has anyone added a more powerful water pump with a relay? Or tied a See Level system into your controller? If you pulled the fuse, I would be wondering where the power is coming from???????

If you are talking about the green light next to one of the water pump switches...it is simply sensing the output from the WPC. The WPC...when powered, fuse not pulled,,, sends a low voltage or a high voltage to all the yellow wires going to the pump switches. When you toggle one of the momentary switches...it simply grounds the signal, which the WPC recognizes and "switches the logic". The led will be extinguished when the low voltage (OFF state)...or glow green when there is a high voltage (ON state)

With the fuse pulled...did your digi-Level panel go blank?
Old 09-06-2017, 08:06 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
Has anyone added a more powerful water pump with a relay? Or tied a See Level system into your controller? If you pulled the fuse, I would be wondering where the power is coming from???????

If you are talking about the green light next to one of the water pump switches...it is simply sensing the output from the WPC. The WPC...when powered, fuse not pulled,,, sends a low voltage or a high voltage to all the yellow wires going to the pump switches. When you toggle one of the momentary switches...it simply grounds the signal, which the WPC recognizes and "switches the logic". The led will be extinguished when the low voltage (OFF state)...or glow green when there is a high voltage (ON state)

With the fuse pulled...did your digi-Level panel go blank?

Where is the digi-level panel? Is that the panel above and to the left of the big black box containing the floor heater controls? There were green lights blinking every couple of seconds and they did blink as I was trying to toggle between on/off. Didn't observe the pane after I pulled fuse.....or is the digi-level panel above steps with satellite switch, inverter panel etc?? Man, I am feeling really stupid right about now!🤥

Tags
water, water pump