Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2014, 05:46 PM   #1

Water running out rubber hose under right side.

I have a 2002 Newmar Kountry Star diesel pusher. We have been on the road fulltime since August 2010, that we being my wife of twenty years and myself. I have a rubber hose that protrudes from under the motorhome on the right side (passenger) about 2/3rds of the way back from the front end and recently started dripping out what appears to be fresh water. Both of our tanks grey and black are currently empty, but our fresh water tank is full, according to the display lights in the front panel overhead. I'm trying to figure out where the water is coming from and haven't been able to solve this problem. We are in a motorhome park in Boulder City, Nevada and don't want to get the management upset over our water leakage. If anyone has and answer to my problem I would appreciate a reply.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2onourway is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds like it might be a "Low Point" drain. Have you checked your "Low Point" drain valves are completely closed??
Old 09-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have a very different coach but my AC has a black hose in about that location which sheds condensation.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
RKL

Could it be the drain tube for the frig. After the drain cup fills it runs out overflow tube if it does not evaporate in the cup. Rkl
Old 09-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #5

You did'nt say if it is a cracked hose or an intentionally open-ended one so if it is intentionally open-ended could it be the refrigerator condensation drain hose, an airconditioner condensation drain hose or a battery compartment drain hose?
Old 09-13-2014, 06:08 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2onourway View Post
I have a 2002 Newmar Kountry Star diesel pusher. We have been on the road fulltime since August 2010, that we being my wife of twenty years and myself. I have a rubber hose that protrudes from under the motorhome on the right side (passenger) about 2/3rds of the way back from the front end and recently started dripping out what appears to be fresh water. Both of our tanks grey and black are currently empty, but our fresh water tank is full, according to the display lights in the front panel overhead. I'm trying to figure out where the water is coming from and haven't been able to solve this problem. We are in a motorhome park in Boulder City, Nevada and don't want to get the management upset over our water leakage. If anyone has and answer to my problem I would appreciate a reply.

On mine, that would be the fresh water overflow..........you state your fresh tank is full.....maybe to full and just dripping due to the angle of your Coach? Maybe the fresh water fill valve is leaking by a little.......keeping the tank full and the dripping a little?
Just some more thoughts....
Old 09-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #7

Thanks everyone for your input. The hose under my motorhome is some sort of drain or overflow, not a cracked or broken hose. I know it is not the fresh water overfill outlet on my model as it is on the other side of the rig under where my sewer hoses are stored. I will check the low point drains and also investigate the refer. Thanks again and keep the replies coming

Old 09-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've got a different coach, but a similar hose on the driver's side. Mine dripped water when the line to my ice maker in the fridge cracked. It cracked because someone didn't winterize properly (me).
jeffwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #9

I had something similar happen with my Newmar. Did you fill the fresh water tank? With mine, I'd only had mine about half full, noticed that water appeared to be dripping form under rig, checked and fresh tank was full and overflow was doing it's job. Shut off city water and took fresh water tank back down to half, turned on city water and about four days later fresh water tank was full and dripping again. Turns out that the check valve near the water pump was leaking allowing water to slowly fill tank. Try turning off the city water, use the fresh tank down then turn back on city water and keep checking you water level.

Good luck.
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do you have..... Basement Air Conditioning? (Condensate line) or is your Roof air piped to below the RV so it does not run down the sides?
Old 09-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2onourway View Post
Thanks everyone for your input. The hose under my motorhome is some sort of drain or overflow, not a cracked or broken hose. I know it is not the fresh water overfill outlet on my model as it is on the other side of the rig under where my sewer hoses are stored. I will check the low point drains and also investigate the refer. Thanks again and keep the replies coming

My fresh water tank is visible , by looking past the grey/black dump valves , it is approx. 15" X 30" that can be seen, and extends all the way across the belly of the coach and the tank overflow is 3' in front of the right side duals.
Does your coach have the peg board in the compartment on the passenger side?
You could pull the peg board and do a visual check, but, if you lower the water level in the tank by an inch, I'm sure the drip will stop.

EDIT: If you're concerned about the park being worried about the drip, put a catch can under the hose , once anyone sees it's clear water they shouldn't have any issues with it.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds like your overflow tube
Ron & Kerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:32 PM   #13

To answer everyone's questions are coach does not have basement air units but has two air units mounted on the roof. Yes I do have a peg board on the right hand side of the coach. If I can't figure it out by Monday after calling the Newmar dealer in Pahrump,Nevada I will remove the peg board and see what I can discover. Gene

Old 09-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
2onourway - I am fairly confident it is the fresh water overflow. For me it happened when I had the fill set to city water auto fill and the coach was not level (tilted towards passenger side) and water level was still below the full sensor/float. Another possibility is the water level sensor is working intermittently.

DaveO

Tags
water