Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2016, 11:53 AM   #1

We are buying a 2016 DSDP 4312 with confidence!

You know we have really learned a lot from the forums and we appreciate this outlet for sharing, but I also respectfully believe it can be a bit toxic and sometimes misleading.

We have decided since we ordered our 2016 coach back in February not to 2nd guess the decision, enjoy the process, and believe in Newmar! I have always been taught to invest in people not just companies and I believe that's what we have the opportunity to do with Newmar.

As I have read and studied these forums, we do realize that the 2016's have had front chassis issues and now maybe a HWH slide issue. But, I have NO doubt that Newmar wants to correct the issues and stand behind their product.

Our coach is scheduled to be built April 27th - May 2nd. Then I believe, it heads to paint and will be released to service on May 19th. We are scheduled to pick our new DSDP 4312 up on June 20th and stay at Camp Newmar through the week.

We are choosing to move forward with confidence because:

1) We are not just buying from Newmar but investing in a multi-generational family business
where there are people like Matt, Michelle, Dave, Phil, and Alvin that care about the product and their customers.

2) We decided on Newmar over other brands because of current friends and people on this forum love their Newmar coaches including their 2016 units. I just talked to a new friend from the forum this morning that can't speak highly enough of Newmar standing behind his coach and the few problems they worked through for them.

3) We are excited about taking delivery at Newmar and spending an additional week breaking in, learning about, and further improving on our DSDP 4312 coach.

4) We are not expecting PERFECT regardless of the upfront investment. To high of expectations are bound to leave you down. From new homes, to new cars, to new boats, to new airplanes and to new technology, I don't know that I have ever seen or experienced perfection.

I realize some might not find this level of confidence or believe that we are a bit naive, but we are moving forward with confidence and excitement and we were NOT scared to walk away from a dealer deposit. We are small business owners that rely on reputation, strive for perfection, and work even harder when we miss the mark or make a mistake. I believe that the 2016 DSDP coaches have probably received more ownership and engineering attention, intellectual capital and reinvestment of time and finances than most new model year units. I believe in the long run this will pay off!

My hope is that some others find and experience the same confidence! :-)

With confidence, great anticipation and respect,

Future 2016 DSDP 4312 owners :-)

Justin & Laura McClure
Soon to be owners of a 2016 DSDP 4312
2014 Jeep GC toad
JETJDM79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2016, 12:06 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
What a breath of fresh air you folks bring to the table. I truly respect your for your attitude and positive outlook on life.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:09 PM   #3

Great write up and more people should be like you keep being positive and enjoy the new coach
Old 04-24-2016, 12:10 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Maybe that's why we think so alike. We are small business owners as well. As I mentioned my experiences with Newmar have been outstanding. They have dealt with my issues in a professional and personal way.

We are a year and a half into our 4312 and love it more every day!
Old 04-24-2016, 12:27 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am sure that with production starting as late as it is, all the troubled areas we have seen will be addressed on the line.

Your reasoning for choosing Newmar is why we chose it.
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 12:53 PM   #6

Foretravel Owners Club
I think you are spot on! I am very excited about the quality and a company that offers service at the factory! I believe you've done the right thing by arming yourself with the positives and some potential problems. I too believe you will end up with a very nice coach in the end. I have no doubt that your positive attitude is why you are in a position to buy such a nice coach. Enjoy!
JSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:07 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Couldn't agree more! We continue to be impressed by the great people that make up Newmar! We love our 2015 Dutch Star and Newmar has taken care of every issue we've had!

Congrats on your new 4312, I know you're going to love it!
pshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 02:47 PM   #8

I see you guys are buying the bunk model. Your avatar pic is a bit small, but it looks like you have 2 small kids. The memories you will be creating for them, they will cherish for the rest of their lives... priceless!
Old 04-24-2016, 02:57 PM   #9

I appreciate the positive feedback from everyone! Thanks to CapuTech for being a BIG part of the "confidence"!

We will continue to make and build memories, indeed! :-).

Justin & Laura McClure
2014 Jeep GC toad
Old 04-24-2016, 03:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETJDM79 View Post
I appreciate the positive feedback from everyone! Thanks to CapuTech for being a BIG part of the "confidence"!

We will continue to make and build memories, indeed! :-).

Justin & Laura McClure
2014 Jeep GC toad

Justin, Can't agree with your assessment more. I have just picked up our 16 DS 4369 this past Tuesday. We have made 1100 of the 1320 miles toward home and it has been nothing but delightful.This is our 1st Newmar and 3rd Diesel. I also have been a student of what I wanted and why, and in addition to having confidence in the brand (and also knowing none are perfect) its a lot about what they do after the fact. At the Dealer I purchased, I had conversations and meetings with their 2 on site Newmar Reps and they were extremely helpful in providing me with the things I needed to have corrected. They also updated me on the actions of whatever we choose in terms of replacing our axle, not to mention I had to call the Newmar service guys (whose face and phone numbers are on a Sticker on my windshield) while on the road to get help on a couple of things that needed immediate attention. It continued to keep me a "believer" and again verified that I have made the right decision.

I am sure you will be tickled with your new coach as we are happy as a clam with ours.
I think sometimes we have to manage our expectations......

Thanks for the comments Justin. Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16 Dutch Star Pass Side View.PNG
Views:	103
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	125141  
BigDogSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 03:57 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Pictures

JETJDM79,
We will be at Camp Newmar from 4/28 to 5/3 doing our CPU on our DSDP 4312 and plan on taking the tour. If you would like some pictures of your coach in build and we get a chance to see it on the line, I would be more than happy to take some and send to you (we were fortunate to have GaryKD at CN during our build and he took some for us which just added to the excitement of the whole experience!)
If interested, just pm me the coach number, your last name, and email for the pictures.
Bill and Laura

Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 04:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogSolo View Post
Justin, Can't agree with your assessment more. I have just picked up our 16 DS 4369 this past Tuesday. We have made 1100 of the 1320 miles toward home and it has been nothing but delightful.This is our 1st Newmar and 3rd Diesel. I also have been a student of what I wanted and why, and in addition to having confidence in the brand (and also knowing none are perfect) its a lot about what they do after the fact. At the Dealer I purchased, I had conversations and meetings with their 2 on site Newmar Reps and they were extremely helpful in providing me with the things I needed to have corrected. They also updated me on the actions of whatever we choose in terms of replacing our axle, not to mention I had to call the Newmar service guys (whose face and phone numbers are on a Sticker on my windshield) while on the road to get help on a couple of things that needed immediate attention. It continued to keep me a "believer" and again verified that I have made the right decision.

I am sure you will be tickled with your new coach as we are happy as a clam with ours.
I think sometimes we have to manage our expectations......

Thanks for the comments Justin. Good Luck!

Beautiful coach and congrats! There we have it... Another happy Newmar customer! We can't wait for ours! It will be our 3rd RV and 2nd DP. Safe travels and thanks again for responding!
Old 04-24-2016, 06:06 PM   #13

:

GOOD FOR YOU! Congratulations on your order! Great choice! We love our coach. Is a fabulous machine
Old 04-24-2016, 06:20 PM   #14
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations on your order. Welcome to the Newmar Family, I'm positive you know what that means.

Good luck with the build and Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote