Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2020, 08:14 PM   #1

We will be missing the FMCA in Tucson

We were looking forward to the FMCA rally in Tuscon at the end of the month but with the Corona Virus we have made the choice not to go. Will being going to Benson for a small (10 or less) pre-rally for Newmar International chapter of FMCA. We signed up to do 2 seminar's but after talking with a number of Newmar owners it appears there will be others making a change. With a large gathering of older RV owners this will be a choice many will have to make. For us it made the most sense.
Will be also going to another small Newmar Kountry Klub rally in Camp Verde the first week of April. Not giving up RV travel just making adjustment.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2020, 09:14 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have not CXL FMCA Tucson Rally YET!

We did CXL our May trip to Washington DC since our primary mode in DC was Shuttle, Bus and Subway. It's going to be replace with trip to Colorado and doing some offroad trails in our new Jeep Rubicon.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:39 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
We have not CXL FMCA Tucson Rally YET!

We did CXL our May trip to Washington DC since our primary mode in DC was Shuttle, Bus and Subway. It's going to be replace with trip to Colorado and doing some offroad trails in our new Jeep Rubicon.
We too are seriously considering cancelling out on FMCA Tucson due to Coronavirus.
Our travel plans are pretty substantial but all are subject to change at this point.

We will attending an AIM Rally in Camp Verde next week and hope to get a better understanding from experienced RV travelers on how best intend to handle this situation.

Not even sure about attending MLB spring training games in Phoenix week. That would more disappointing than missing FMCA to me. Bummer!

JR
ColCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:51 AM   #4

Im always in the wrong place. Last year I was in AZ for the winter and missed the rally in Perry GA. This year I am in FL for the winter and will miss the rally in Tucson. My son lives in Omaha but I will be volunteering in a National Park this summer and will miss the rally in Lincoln this summer. Oh well. Love being retired.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:46 PM   #5

We have a group of RVers going from our resort in Phoenix. It happens that one of the FMCA exec’s attended our pre-rally meeting yesterday. He said in the past x days,(don’t remember #) they have had 19 cancellations but in the same timeframe the new reservations for the event exceeded that number.
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:21 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoyrv View Post
We have a group of RVers going from our resort in Phoenix. It happens that one of the FMCA exec’s attended our pre-rally meeting yesterday. He said in the past x days,(don’t remember #) they have had 19 cancellations but in the same timeframe the new reservations for the event exceeded that number.
Well no offense meant here but that's pretty much what you would expect a FMCA exec to say. He has to put as positive of spin possible on the whole Coronavirus situation to keep from a mass run of cancellations, similar to stock market selloff. Sounded pretty much like the info that is coming out of the govt spin zone to me. No big deal and nothing to see here. Just keep washing your hands and everything will be jake.

This is a situation where you just don't know, what you don't know. Everyone needs to use their best judgement concerning what works best for them.

JR
ColCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 02:12 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
We asked one of the major vendors about getting some work done at the show and they set me a message saying and I quote "We are still unsure if we will be attending this show" and that message was received today. If you going to visit with a certain vendor or have work done you might want to touch base with them and see if they are till planning to attend.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:35 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
We are still planning on attending. Very aware of all the COVID-19 confusion, worry, hysteria etc. but we don’t plan on letting it change our lifestyle drastically. Will we be more careful? Yes. Are we taking all the safety measures we can? We certainly will try.
Safe travels out there fellow rvers.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:46 PM   #9

We all may have to consider changing travel plans. I had no luck getting a decent cancellation penalty from Disney's Ft Wilderness last week. I wonder what the rest of the RV parks are doing in light of this problem. It is surely going to be a financial hit for all of us.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:23 PM   #10

We had the same dilemma so we called our doctor and he said to go to the FMCA rally but use good practices, such as not touching your face until you have cleaned your hands with sanitizer and staying away from people that appear to be sick. So we will be going.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:42 AM   #11

Don’t know if this helps anyone with their concerns or travel plans. My former Primary Physician from when I lived in NY has been sending this link out via email the past few days. For me, I like that it has no mass media or government filter and the lady who wrote it practices in the infectious disease field.

https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/for...an-coronavirus
Old 03-11-2020, 10:06 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
We will be attending, using common sense while attending.
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:33 AM   #13

Coronaviras deaths in US so far 29
Influenza deaths in US 2019, 30,000

Don’t over react but do take precautions.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:00 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikester View Post
We will be attending, using common sense while attending.
We will also be attending the rally. We will be more vigilant on hand washings, greeting people etc.
ShelbyTom1 is offline   Reply With Quote