Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2022, 05:17 PM   #1

Weak slides

2010 Newmar DS 4386. My opposing slides in the living room are each having a hard time getting up over the hump. I have to lift from the outside while the wife holds the button. I have Intelitec slides and I have adjusted to maximum amps. Are the motors getting weak or is there something else.
BobKatMsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2022, 05:22 PM   #2

Are you on shore power? Generator?
Old 09-29-2022, 06:57 PM   #3

Shore 50 amp
Old 09-29-2022, 07:23 PM   #4

Needing help sounds like a battery issue, are they new and in good shape, well watered, etc?? Does having the generator on instead of shore power make any difference??
Old 09-30-2022, 05:52 AM   #5

Batteries are in good shape.
Old 09-30-2022, 07:11 AM   #6

Slides like clean power. I have to clean the battery terminals at least once a year. Sometimes I have to clean the connections to the intellitec controller with deoxit.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:55 AM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
It does sound like a battery issue. If your coach will allow the slides to operate with the engine running, try doing that. On the diesel coaches, the slides run off the chassis batteries.

You may be having an issue with the battery charger bridging over to the chassis batteries, when on shore or with the generator running and the chassis batteries are trying to carry the load by themselves. If you can operate the slides with the engine running it will tell you one way or the other if it's a battery issue.

If you can't do that, try having someone operate the slides while you hold down the battery boost button connecting both sets of batteries.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:14 PM   #8

I have an '03 DS 4006 with the opposing slides.

I have the same issue with the passenger side slide -- it struggles. Funny, we do the same thing - I push from the outside and the wife works the button. Once over "the hump" it goes in easy. I thought about the batteries and started doing this slide first -- no change. The other slides all come in pretty easily as well. I also have newer house and chassis batteries.

I will have to give what DSD suggested a try. The battery terminals all look pretty clean. Next is checking all the wiring for any sign of corrosion/cracking.

Any other thoughts on this?

Will be watching to see what you find and hope that it helps me as well.

Tags
slide