RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Weird Question - Bedroom Monitor in 2014 Newmar Essex?

I Currently have A Monaco Dynasty ( I Purchased Brand New,)It came with a Monitor in Bedroom that I can View The Right, The Left & Rear of Coach from the Bed, I am in process of Ordering 2014 Newmar Essex, HOWEVER This Monitor is NOT an option in The Essex, ALTHOUGH The King Aire has this as STANDARD Feature, I requested the Monitor In My ESSEX, BUT NEWMAR HAS REFUSED TO ADD THIS FEATURE, The Only reason I can See for them Not to honor this feature is they want Me to Buy King Aire, It seems to Me that I'm having Coach Built to My Specs That they would do this I see no reason why they Cannot. I know this is trivial But it could be a deal breaker. SO, My question is, Has anyone ever added this feature via after market?.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
As you have found out Newmar generally will not put features from a higher model on a lower model.

They have always been serious about model separation.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:29 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It will be interesting to hear if they " fold " if you make this a deal breaker. Keep us posted.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:02 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
If Newmar is the only brand you want than your stuck. I would think with the type of money you would be paying you could get what you wanted. Go to your 2nd choice and see if they would add this item to one of their coaches. If they will than get it.

Then send the Newmar Dealer a picture of your new coach with the item you wanted installed.

jack r
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #5

If your happy with the one in your Monaco, call the monitor company and see whom all installs their units.

Newmar is a stickler for not adding the key items from upper lines. Learning just what those key features are, is a whole game unto it's self.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #6

What exactly do you look at in bed on this monitor? I am at a loss on what the need is. Is it just to see if someone/something is near your RV when parked?

Ma Snart
Ma Snart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
We have that monitor in our King Aire, and you really can't do what you think you can do with it. It's wall-mounted, and the switch to change the view is on the monitor. So you can't actually do anything with it "from bed". Also, in five years we've had this coach, I don't think I've ever actually used that monitor for any real purpose. Heck, it's probably only been turned on 5 times in 5 years.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Monitor

I Have It In My current Monaco & I use it while In bed if I sense something array outside Coach I can View Either Side, as well as Rear of Coach..
It's just something I've found useful & as long as they have Same in King, I thought for the Money Of the Essex, It would be a simple thing to do while in Construction, But I guess Newmar wants Me to spend the money for the King, is which is not going to happen, They have denied this request twice so It's a Deal breaker, I DO NOT BELIEVE this is a BIG DEAL or a UNREASONABLE request..as I'm willing to pay for the installation of same.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #9

So what is your 2nd choice if not Essex?
Ma Snart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I guess I really don't know, I know the 2014 Dynasty will have this feature, ALTHOUGH there is nothing wrong with My 2008 Which only has 23,000 Miles I may Just Stay with that, I Saw The Newmars ,Tiffins & Monaco's at Mpls Rv Show & Just got a bug to trade as I liked ALL that I seen. Guess If I stay with Mine MAMA will be lot happier as well & You know that Scene!!!.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
It is more than just the monitor they add 3 additonal cameras. They use the existing back up camera add a camera high on each side and 1 interior camera in the middle of the coach pointing forward.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Snart View Post
So what is your 2nd choice if not Essex?
A King Air with all the goodies he desires - Why not
Renden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Snart View Post
What exactly do you look at in bed on this monitor? I am at a loss on what the need is. Is it just to see if someone/something is near your RV when parked?

Ma Snart
Maybe then you can put one of those ADT stickers on the outside?

Seems like something that Burt Reynolds might have on his RV.

gajd33 is offline   Reply With Quote