RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2019, 09:46 PM   #1

Red face Weird tail light situation

2018 DS, left a service center before dark and was running down the highway and was informed I had no tail lights. Found a pull-off and checked lights, no tail lights, only had right turn signal nothing else. headlights were fine, had DW follow me back to camp and checked lighting. Found no obvious issues.

Checked this morning and all lights worked, started the coach and lost ail lights again, after about a minute lights came back on. Im thinking a loose connection,although I have not ruled out aliens. Any ideas?

2018 Dutch Star 3718
Jeep Hard Rock.

bentzbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2019, 10:31 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
I would call Newmar right away. They are great to deal with and can walk you through some trouble shooting.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:32 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentzbus View Post
2018 DS, left a service center before dark and was running down the highway and was informed I had no tail lights. Found a pull-off and checked lights, no tail lights, only had right turn signal nothing else. headlights were fine, had DW follow me back to camp and checked lighting. Found no obvious issues.

Checked this morning and all lights worked, started the coach and lost ail lights again, after about a minute lights came back on. Im thinking a loose connection,although I have not ruled out aliens. Any ideas?

2018 Dutch Star 3718
Jeep Hard Rock.
There is a recall from Freightliner on this issue. It is a power control module that needs replacing
wishalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:38 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I had the exact same issue. What Wishalls said. FCC overnighted a new control board.
Aweese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:48 AM   #5

Has anyone actually had the recall completed? I received a letter from FL stating the recall would be coming and a notice would be mailed when it was official. To date, I have not received any further communications from FL and DTNA Connect does not show any recalls for my VIN.
cti2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:07 AM   #6

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the replies on the tail lights, i have an appointment with FL on Monday to resolve this issue.
bentzbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cti2000 View Post
Has anyone actually had the recall completed? I received a letter from FL stating the recall would be coming and a notice would be mailed when it was official. To date, I have not received any further communications from FL and DTNA Connect does not show any recalls for my VIN.
I called Freightliner to inquire about expediting the fix before I headed south. They said they would not fix it prior to dispatch of the “official” letter unless I have a tail light failure.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:54 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad bull View Post
I called Freightliner to inquire about expediting the fix before I headed south. They said they would not fix it prior to dispatch of the “official” letter unless I have a tail light failure.
I had an issue with my NA on an item that a recall was going to be issued and Newmar called Freightliner with me on the line and Freightliner sent the part required and it was repaired prior to the actual recall. Newmar was a big help. I think it depends if Freightliner has the fix completed and the parts are available.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:03 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For our 2017 Discovery I got the same notice from Freightliner of a future recall and would be notified when parts were available.
We traded that for a 2018 Tiffin and I had Freightliner do the brake caliper recall but they said the light issue didn't apply to my VIN.
I guess they have some parts but not enough to go around unless you have a problem.

JohnH12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light