Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2020, 11:15 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
What are you doing to you’re motorhome while being self isolated?

Many of us are just hanging out in limbo doing our honey do's while trying to stop this virus. Are you doing any mainteance or MODS on your coach?

I have just changed oil, oil filter, fuel filters too. Serviced the Onan with oil and filters etc. Completed the 3yrs service on the Oasis system.

Going to check all the slide out bolts today. May do the SLS slide bolt fix. Good to see Amazon continues to deliver.

Added three shelfs to the slide out trays, nice little MOD.

What have you done?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2020, 11:19 AM   #2

I bought a remote mounted hour meter for the generator. The hour meter is on the generator and I want it on the dash.

I've spent most of the last 3 days trying to find the darned thing so I can install it. I put it somewhere so it wouldn't get lost.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:36 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I would like one of those too. Where did you get it. I would like one on the Oasis diesel burner too if that is possible.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer Guy View Post
I would like one of those too. Where did you get it. I would like one on the Oasis diesel burner too if that is possible.

Searched this forum and found the following with wiring in from 10Fan.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/add...or-450476.html

Here is a link to the one I purchased and installed. Initial setup allows you to set it with the same hour reading as the one on the Gen. It hooks up to the Gen switch on the dash so no need to run wiring down to the generator. Got wiring instructions on this site, but that was in 2018. I mounted ours just to the right of the radio.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Oasis meter I just removed it from it's location and mounted it facing the compartment door on top of the Oasis so it can easily be read. We use the diesel burner so rarely it doesn't need to be read often as we spend most of our time with 50AMP service and use AC I and/or II for our water and heat.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:40 PM   #5
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
The obvious answer: 🥁...

Posting on the forum [emoji6]
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:44 PM   #6

Our motorhome is self isolating in the backyard
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:03 PM   #7

We are living in it.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
We are living in it.
I dont recall giving you a key
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:30 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I recently purchased a 2002 Newmar Mountain Aire Class A. The rig only has 27,000 miles on it.

I've been going over everything.

Cleaning the RV. Washed the outside. Cleaning the inside.
This week I got the generator running adjusted the voltage regulator and now have good power working in thr RV off generator.

Today I picked up a 50 AMP outlet and wire and will wire a 50 AMP 240 VAC outlet in my garage for shore power to the RV.

Yesterday, I pulled down the windshield privacy curtains and washed them in bath tub, hung them to dry and mounted them back up in the RV.

A few days ago I went over the house battery bay, removed batteries, topped off low water, washed and cleaned everything. Removed corrosion, acid, and rust. I used rust converter and then painted everything.

I have have done the same in the Genrator bay, remove rust and paint. I have to say this old Newmar was built with with good metal, the rust isn't bad and this an 18 year old Class A.

I plan to go over every bay and clean, remove rust and repaint and do the same under the coach chassis.

I have done the same with the power steps, I cleaned up the engine area. I also worked on something to prevent step sway. Sort of a steps landing gear.

I am planning on sanding and repainting the metal frame that holds the big Newmar rear mud flap and go under the rig removing rust and repainting everything.

I have replaced and upgraded all the shocks, installed Roadmaster anti-sway bars on the front and rear and installed the Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer which has really improved the ride.

I replaced all 6 tires, had the brake caliper recall done, repaired a manifold leak.

I have cleaned up the LP Propane gas tank and touched up with paint, almost looks new.

I am looking into installing solar and an inverter and possibly adding batteries but this is still in the research stage.

I would like to go over all the lights and anything that has not already been changed to LED, I will. I would also like to add upgraded fog lights and some cooler lighting for under and around the vehicle.

Putting in an upgraded camera system is on the list.
I should also install tire pressure monitors.

I have not de-winterized yet so I have yet to find how that system is.

I've got a lot to keep me busy through these strange times.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Guy_Mark View Post
I recently purchased a 2002 Newmar Mountain Aire Class A. The rig only has 27,000 miles on it.

I've been going over everything.

Cleaning the RV. Washed the outside. Cleaning the inside.
This week I got the generator running adjusted the voltage regulator and now have good power working in thr RV off generator.

Today I picked up a 50 AMP outlet and wire and will wire a 50 AMP 240 VAC outlet in my garage for shore power to the RV.

Yesterday, I pulled down the windshield privacy curtains and washed them in bath tub, hung them to dry and mounted them back up in the RV.

A few days ago I went over the house battery bay, removed batteries, topped off low water, washed and cleaned everything. Removed corrosion, acid, and rust. I used rust converter and then painted everything.

I have have done the same in the Genrator bay, remove rust and paint. I have to say this old Newmar was built with with good metal, the rust isn't bad and this an 18 year old Class A.

I plan to go over every bay and clean, remove rust and repaint and do the same under the coach chassis.

I have done the same with the power steps, I cleaned up the engine area. I also worked on something to prevent step sway. Sort of a steps landing gear.

I am planning on sanding and repainting the metal frame that holds the big Newmar rear mud flap and go under the rig removing rust and repainting everything.

I have replaced and upgraded all the shocks, installed Roadmaster anti-sway bars on the front and rear and installed the Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer which has really improved the ride.

I replaced all 6 tires, had the brake caliper recall done, repaired a manifold leak.

I have cleaned up the LP Propane gas tank and touched up with paint, almost looks new.

I am looking into installing solar and an inverter and possibly adding batteries but this is still in the research stage.

I would like to go over all the lights and anything that has not already been changed to LED, I will. I would also like to add upgraded fog lights and some cooler lighting for under and around the vehicle.

Putting in an upgraded camera system is on the list.
I should also install tire pressure monitors.

I have not de-winterized yet so I have yet to find how that system is.

I've got a lot to keep me busy through these strange times.

You mentioned you were going to install a 240 volt outlet. I am not an electrician but that much voltage will destroy your electronics in your coach. You can install a 30 or 50 amp service but it should be 120 volts.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan1 View Post
You mentioned you were going to install a 240 volt outlet. I am not an electrician but that much voltage will destroy your electronics in your coach. You can install a 30 or 50 amp service but it should be 120 volts.

50 amp is 240 across L1 to L2.
Nothing in my DS is 240 but my old coach had a 240 v dryer.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:24 PM   #12

Sitting in the New to Us RV and waiting for the snow to stop and gas prices to go down, then hit the road and have some relaxing fun
295Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:24 PM   #13

Busy day. I had perfect spot behind my garage/shop for the coach but it's not paved and kind of unlevel. Parked back there for a while and then moved it closer to the house for access to water. Next day a tree split a trunk and dropped right about on the passenger seat would have been. Same tree dropped another big chunk a few years ago (multiple trunks). Dodged a bullet there. BUT, it still had one even bigger trunk arching way over. Nope, all trust is gone. I finally got that trunk cut down and cut up this week. Today I got gravel and leveled up the spot. Parked on it. It's where it needs to be now and sitting nicely level. And off my grass.
Got a sort of temporary 50 amp hookup I've been moving back and forth like an extension cord. Now that the coach has a spot I need to make the plugin permanent and not all redneck looking I guess.
Then I get to go under, drop that huge fuel tank and see what's up with my fuel pump. Collapsed/clogged sock I suspect. (Older gas coach)
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:11 PM   #14

Charged my batteries and went over the coach. Have some decor work on the roof to do. Other than that all is fine.

Tags
motorhome