Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2020, 01:12 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Reading Manuals

Since I have more time on my hands I'm re-reading my manuals. Its amazing what I had forgotten and what was different between this DP and former DP.

So much to learn.

In addition, spending time trying to locate ways to assist our full time brethren with sites. Local hosting seems to present too many barriers but some are reporting Arizona CGs are still open and have sites available. Good to know.

Stay safe - Richard
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2020, 02:07 PM   #44

We're driving the heck out of our motorhome, trying to get from Florida to Nevada to see my dying father. This COVID-19 thing isn't making it any easier.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:16 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McMartin View Post
We're driving the heck out of our motorhome, trying to get from Florida to Nevada to see my dying father. This COVID-19 thing isn't making it any easier.

God speed

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:29 PM   #46

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Purchased a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer and plan to install that and also do the cheap handling fix this coming weekend.

Our FR3 30 DS is new with only 1200 miles. Before installing the steering stabilizer I took the coach to a local truck tire center that I've used in the past to get the front end aligned. The mechanic noticed excessive slop in the passenger side king pin and held up on the alignment. Being new and under warranty I had to take the coach to a Ford dealer to get it evaluated. The Ford mechanic acknowledged that the slop was in the up and down direction and not sideways so shims can be added to fix the problem.

Ford aligns the chassis but in transit things can happen. I've read many blogs on forums about new motorhomes needing front end alignment due to the shipping of the chassis and all that goes on while the unit is being built.
“Don’t take life too seriously...Nobody gets out alive anyway”
rickemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:56 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Considering changing the front shocks but a little hesitant since I've had my yearly maintenance completed. I'm not sure if I would need an alignment after changing shock. I have NO steering or tire wear issues. Thinking/hoping for a better ride.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:13 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan1 View Post
God speed
Thanks! When it rains, it pours...
Old 03-24-2020, 09:59 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Keeping busy in our 2002 Newmar Kountry Star

We have been making repairs on the vent fans. Got the bathroom fan working. Now realized the kitchen fan needs a fuse. No idea where to find the right fuse. Any suggestions......
Tuffy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:42 PM   #50

Forest River Owners Club
Alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickemo View Post
Purchased a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer and plan to install that and also do the cheap handling fix this coming weekend.

Our FR3 30 DS is new with only 1200 miles. Before installing the steering stabilizer I took the coach to a local truck tire center that I've used in the past to get the front end aligned. The mechanic noticed excessive slop in the passenger side king pin and held up on the alignment. Being new and under warranty I had to take the coach to a Ford dealer to get it evaluated. The Ford mechanic acknowledged that the slop was in the up and down direction and not sideways so shims can be added to fix the problem.

Ford aligns the chassis but in transit things can happen. I've read many blogs on forums about new motorhomes needing front end alignment due to the shipping of the chassis and all that goes on while the unit is being built.
After our first 3000 mile trip, I felt like our front end needed alignment. Was always fighting the steering on our new class c with e450 chassis. Found out the camber was off and the rear axle was crooked. So a full alignment was needed. Cost $475 to have it straightened out. But I haven't been able to drive it since completed with winter and now the virus shutdown. I hope it's better to drive now.
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:38 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang37 View Post
Considering changing the front shocks but a little hesitant since I've had my yearly maintenance completed. I'm not sure if I would need an alignment after changing shock. I have NO steering or tire wear issues. Thinking/hoping for a better ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang37 View Post
Changing the shocks will not effect wheel alignment.

Probably won't help ride either, unless they are bad. Read up on what shocks actually do.

https://www.motorweek.org/features/g...cks_and_struts
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:15 PM   #52

Moved from our house 7 miles away to an RV Park on the east side of TUCSON. We are keeping our distance but get a couple hours of pickle ball in the morning.
We keep a safe distance and make sure that everyone complies or we lose the game. Work a little...walk the dogs and try not to be miserable.
Charlievette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:01 PM   #53

The best way to self-isolate is to camp, so we are using our Montana at select state parks in Georgia. We pick campgrounds with widely spaced campsites. Just got back home from one today and going again for several days next week. It has to be safer and definitely more fun than sitting in a home in a city!
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:01 PM   #54

Coastal Campers
Spartan Chassis
Ours, in the paint shop. Been there since January.
Booked. No hurry now.
Redonion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Finally took the time to hook up the water softener. Heard many rave reviews of the On the Go system and it lived up to them all. We thought we had good water at this camp. After about 10 min of setup we found out how much better the water can be
Old 03-26-2020, 04:31 PM   #56

Extended our stay at G.S.S.P. and absorbing the heat. Getting plenty of vitamin D. Not ready to head north yet ... AC can't keep up with the burning sun... But, not complaining..... 🏝
LifeSalt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome